• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

11: DEMA Orlando Nov 4-7, 2009 BOOTH #113 w/OMS

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:01 PM

Pup good to hear your going to be a dema this year. Look forward to hearing your music and meeting you for the first time since ww and otw got married.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#32 scubachica

scubachica

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:700+

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

[quote name='WreckWench' date='Oct 1 2008, 03:38 PM' post='228894']
November 4-7, 2009:
The Dema Show
Web:
http://www.demashow.com

Ok mark your calendars...SD will have its FIRST booth at DEMA in 2009 ASSUMING I have finally sold my home and have moved to South Carolina...so we would LOVE to see ALL OUR DIVING PROFESSIONALS there too!

And as usual SD will need a few peeps to help work in the booth in exchange for FREE ENTRY into the show!

Who's Helping The Show and/or SD Booth:

1. Sandy aka ScubaPunk
2. Kim aka fingrabber

Who's Going to the 2009 Happy Hour:

1. Sandy aka ScubaPunk
2. Kim aka fingrabber
3. Stephanie aka Stephanie and Nov 7th is her :thankyou:
[/quot

#33 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2009 - 04:32 PM

I wanted to come this year, but my day job says I have to stay behind to process the orders FROM DEMA.

How ironic is that?

PPM

#34 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

I'm going to plan to head up too. Not sure of exactly when yet...

Anything in place for the HH yet?

Where are people staying???

Edited by DiverBabs, 24 September 2009 - 08:29 PM.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#35 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

Nobody has contacted me yet with the deets on the HH so I can email everybody.....

So far, JimG is the only member who has expressed his preference. Someplace close to the show & the hotel our members are staying at.....any local volunteer ready to do a "pub crawl" and give us some options to pick from? :D
Posted Image

#36 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:49 PM

Nobody has contacted me yet with the deets on the HH so I can email everybody.....

So far, JimG is the only member who has expressed his preference. Someplace close to the show & the hotel our members are staying at.....any local volunteer ready to do a "pub crawl" and give us some options to pick from? :D

do you know where most of the SD folks are staying?
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#37 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:58 PM

I've been looking in the area around the convention center but I haven't made any confirmed plans yet. Flights from DFW are still pretty reasonable but I haven't touched base with WW yet as to where she and OTWdiver are planning to stay yet

#38 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:43 PM

I'm staying at the Rosen, as is at least one other person that I know of. Almost anywhere along I-Drive should be fine, as long as it is easily accessible via the shuttle.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#39 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

I have added some names to the lists in the first thread for helping in the booth and for the Happy Hour. Please let me know if your plans have changed or if you wish to be added to the volunteer list for booth duty.

#40 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 October 2009 - 09:53 PM

Hey WW... I'll definitely be at DEMA, and I'll probably be able to make the HH. I can put in some time in the booth as long as I don't have to stand much...

Al

Hey Al...if the offer is still good..I'm sure we can find you a seat! Still working out the booth arrangements...should be co-housed with OMS which means I'll have some automatic booth support already.

Thank you all for your help! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#41 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:39 AM

I booked my airfare yesterday: arriving Wednesday morning and flying out Saturday night. Do we know where/when the HH will be?

Hey gang...if someone has a better idea we can change but I haven't seen any real concrete suggestions so will suggest the UNO Pizza & Beer Place where we have done at least 2 or 3 Happy Hours in the past...in fact I met Mark aka Dive Geek at one thanks to JimG! :dance:

So lets do it at the same place...they will remember us and usually give us HH pricing and appeitizer discounts. SD will buy the first round of appetizers as we usually do.

If someone has suggested another place that is fine too but otherwise I'll suggest this. Mark and Jim can you help with the directions? :welcome:

And we need a starting time...usually a few minutes after the show ends is when we begin.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#42 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:40 AM

So far, JimG is the only member who has expressed his preference. Someplace close to the show & the hotel our members are staying at.....any local volunteer ready to do a "pub crawl" and give us some options to pick from? :welcome:

OMS and myself will be staying at the Holiday Inn on Universal Blvd. Address and tel# in the first post!

formerly...

#43 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:46 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I have updated the first post to show the hotel we'll be staying at as well as the place we did the HH the last time it was in Orlando. If no one has a better suggestion we'll go with that since we have some rapport with the place.

That being said...would everyone PLEASE reconfirm attending the HH and helping in the booth. Being in the OMS booth we'll have overlapping support for our booth which means if we only get Mark, Jim and myself we can probably cover it. I am trying to set it up so we are using signage to do the selling of our travel services vs. people. At this show we are trying to find other dive shops and clubs who want to use SD.com to set up their trips for them just as we do our members.

There may also be another guy from SC that is an instructor who can help for 1-2 days so that would help to fill us out.

Please confirm if you are doing the HH and/or helping with the booth so we can plan entrance fees, booth support and of course BEER/WINE DRINKING activities! :welcome:

Thank you!

formerly...

#44 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:58 PM

WW

I will be at DEMA probably coming in tuesday evening or early morning and can help in the booth (Does OMS need any help?) and plan on attending the happy hour as well. I'm looking to finalize my travel arrangements this weekend as were getting close to the 21 day window. Anyone still looking at hotel arrangements as I would be willing to split a room with some one.

I won't need a badge(unless you really want to) as DAN has supplied me with one for the show (there having some of the past interns at the show this year since this is the 10 Annivsary of the Internship program)

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#45 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:13 PM

Hey WW... I'll definitely be at DEMA, and I'll probably be able to make the HH. I can put in some time in the booth as long as I don't have to stand much...

Al

Hey Al...if the offer is still good..I'm sure we can find you a seat! Still working out the booth arrangements...should be co-housed with OMS which means I'll have some automatic booth support already.

Thank you all for your help! kamala

Of course the offer is still good. I need to figure out my seminar schedule... but, I'm sure I can fill some gaps.

Al
If you're bored diving, then you quit learning...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users