• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

05d: Fiji....Bula Bula May 23(depart) May25-Jun2 or 4th, 2009

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#16 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

Payment Update:

1. Teresa aka Mermaid Lady ww got your $1000 deposit! :birthday: (don't forget to put your screenname and trip name on your checks so our accountant knows what you are paying for!)
2. Tammy aka Landlocked Dive Nut ww got your 12 pkg $3475 less $50 early payment in full and $125 Roatan Single's week costume contest prize winnings = $3300 payment in full for d/o. :dance: (Please note that you may need to pay for a single room upgrade for the last 2 nights but we'll ascertain that right before the trip.)

Document Update:

1. Teresa aka Mermaid Lady ww got your waiver via mail and your survery. :birthday: (Please email the survey to trips@singledivers.com.) :wavey:
2. Tammy aka Landlocked Dive Nut ww got your faxed medical waiver! :welcome:

Edited by ScubaPunk, 06 December 2008 - 09:44 PM.

#17 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:07 PM

Glad to see you back, Sandy! I emailed my survey to trips@singledivers.com. If it's not in your huge pile to wade through, let me know and I will re-send it. Thanks!
Posted Image

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:55 AM

If you have never dove Fiji you are missing some of the greatest diving, it's the soft coral capital of the world.
I went there in 2005 aboard the Nai'a, the diving is fantastic, especially the bommies which have something for everybody. Around the bottom are the big stuff, the sides are vertical walls where you find critters and ribbon eels and the top which is at safety stop depth is usually covered in small stuff. After a few days you will be sick and tired of the Nemo's, they aren't rare, they are everywhere!
Like the Wench said, the friendliest people you will ever meet and they all speak the Queens English but a few words like Bula and Vanuka (Hello and thank you) will get you a long way.
Air Pacific is one of the worlds best airlines. Never mind that your ticket says you will be served snacks, the flight leaves late from LAX, you'll be served a full meal, a travel bag with tooth brush, paste, socks, eye cover and wipe to freshen in the morning. A big choice of movies to watch on your own screen. In the morning a full breakfast and then you step off in Nadi in time to see the sun rise. No jet lag but you'll pay for that on the return trip.
This picture was taken on the side of a bommie known as mellow Yellow. In the member gallery on page 10 is my gallery, toward the end are more pictures from Fiji.

Posted Image

Thanks Ray! Great stuff!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:00 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

This trip is now open for general booking by all our members and non-members! We hope you'll join us...this will be a once in a lifetime diving and cultural experience! And because we've done it before....the experience should be PERFECT! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#20 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:37 PM

Document Update:

1. Tammy aka Landlocked Dive Nut: Received your Survey and your flight info! :dontthinkso:

#21 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:28 PM

Payment Update:

1. Teresa aka Mermaid Lady ww got your $1000 deposit! :birthday: (don't forget to put your screenname and trip name on your checks so our accountant knows what you are paying for!)
2. Tammy aka Landlocked Dive Nut ww got your 12 pkg $3475 less $50 early payment in full and $125 Roatan Single's week costume contest prize winnings = $3300 payment in full for d/o. :canada: (Please note that you may need to pay for a single room upgrade for the last 2 nights but we'll ascertain that right before the trip.)

Document Update:

1. Teresa aka Mermaid Lady ww got your waiver via mail and your survery. :birthday: (Please email the survey to trips@singledivers.com.) :birthday:
2. Tammy aka Landlocked Dive Nut ww got your faxed medical waiver! :cool2:

I sent my survey to trips@singledivers.com

The balance of payment for my trip also went out today ($1995.00-$50.00 early booking discount)

(Also, there is no "h" in my name) Thanks Sandy!! :birthday: :P

Edited by Mermaid Lady, 07 December 2008 - 12:37 AM.

Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#22 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:35 AM

Payment Update:

1. Teresa aka Mermaid Lady ww got your trip balance by the early payment deadline less $50 early payment discount. :cool2:

#23 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:06 PM

OK we have three hot babes on this trip, now where are the guys?!?
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#24 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:36 PM

Where are all the divers who said they were interested? Hopefully, they'll sign up after the big Holiday.

I need somebody to stay the extra 2 days with me, so they can make sure I get on the plane home......I could easily be talked into staying and going native if I'm left there all by myself! :D
Posted Image

#25 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:36 PM

I have a question. If I were able to swing this trip and at this point it is a big IF I would like to know what the incidentals are going to cost. How much for a 3rd dive per day? How much for the Manta dive if I don't substitute two days of diving? And in regards to the tip, I get that it is not customary to tip the individuals, and I read that the tips would be collected by SD. Don't hate me for saying this but I can not afford to do this trip if I have to fork out $450 for a tip on top of the package. Is the 15% gratuity going to be expected and collected?

I would love to dive the south pacific this year but money is tight and I have to make every penny and every dive count.

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#26 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:39 PM

I have a question. If I were able to swing this trip and at this point it is a big IF I would like to know what the incidentals are going to cost. How much for a 3rd dive per day? How much for the Manta dive if I don't substitute two days of diving? And in regards to the tip, I get that it is not customary to tip the individuals, and I read that the tips would be collected by SD. Don't hate me for saying this but I can not afford to do this trip if I have to fork out $450 for a tip on top of the package. Is the 15% gratuity going to be expected and collected?

I would love to dive the south pacific this year but money is tight and I have to make every penny and every dive count.

Jim

Jim,

Kamala is out of the country at the moment but will be back soon. Unfortunately she will have to answer your questions. I will make sure she sees your post and gets back to you asap.

diverdeb :cheerleader:
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#27 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:52 PM

Jim

Jim,

Kamala is out of the country at the moment but will be back soon. Unfortunately she will have to answer your questions. I will make sure she sees your post and gets back to you asap.

diverdeb :cheerleader:

Thanks diverdeb!
Sea Turtle advocate!

#28 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:04 AM

Jim

Jim,

diverdeb :teeth:

Thanks diverdeb!

Jim - when we were there in 05 (same resort with Kamala) what ever tip money you chose to give was given to the school. As far as I know - the Fijian's at the resort did not accept "tips" - if you go and see their "school" - you'll tip what you can - trust me. :) All grades are in one building - and the supplies are very limited. As Deb said I'm sure Kamala will answer your questions when she returns from Grenada.

Attached Thumbnails

• 50874703_LTUFF_M.jpg
  • 50874727_sSJ3y_M.jpg
  • 50874685_PEgqm_Ti.jpg

Edited by Starfish Sandy, 01 January 2009 - 10:06 AM.

Known puker

#29 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

You also need to consider that some portion of the pkg price is for airfare, and I don't know if or how you factor that into tipping.... Jim, you're not the only one stretching to make this dream south Pacific dive trip come true! :teeth:
Posted Image

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:13 PM

Jim

Jim I will verify the extra price for a 3rd dive but it is approx $55 if bought individually or $46 per dive if you buy a pkg of 2 dives etc. Truth is most people did not do a 3rd boat dive as incredible as that sounds because the shorediving was quite lovely and people actually started to relax and enjoy other aspects of being on a isolated eco island by ourselves. Others went sight seeing or exploring in the afternoons. At first it seemed to be nothing to do and then we realized we had filled the days and still needed more time. :cool1:

The manta dive is weather dependent and will cost $AWAITING THIS PRICE if you do not substitute daily dives which I don't think anyone did in our last group either.

As for tip Starfish Sandy is right...this tip goes to the schools on the island by choice of the resort. They want their children to be educated as well as the islanders. As a result the island is NOT commercialized and is like going back in time. The level of service is exceptional because the Fijian people want to help others...it is part of their culture...not because they are hoping for a big tip.

In this instance we will not collect the tip however I will have extra cash that you can buy should you fall short.

Deb is right the price inclues airfare which you would not tip on. An approx price for the land based portion would be roughly $1500. So 10% would be $150 and 15% would be $225. So budget approx $175 to $200 for tips and you should be good to go.

And I hope you can join us!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users