• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Thanksgiving is upon us...

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 25 November 2008 - 07:51 PM

Well I am doing the "Work" thing myself. BUT we will be cooking at work!! We have a guy from Louisiana on our shift and he is going to make a pot of Seafood Gumbo!!! Of course this will have chicken and sausage in it as well. We will top it off with Jalapeno and Cheese Cornbread. If you have never tried that you need to. Maybe not for Thanksgiving, but another day will do!!! I love it when the men cook!!! :angel2:

YUMMY....I love seafood gumbo....can I go to work with you??? Those Cajuns are good cooks!!!
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#32 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 25 November 2008 - 09:02 PM

Well Im a glutton for punishment (so it seems), because this year I will be working on Thanksgiving Day.

This doesnt bother me as my parents are out of town seeing family (I will be going back for the time between the day after x-mas and new years) so its not like causing problems with the family by working. The upside is that because of working Texas HS football playoffs this past weekend Thursday will be all overtime + holiday premium so i will be making $30+ a hour (for 24 hr shift), and on-top of that Breakfast, Lunch are being catered, with dinner being a full 5 course affair (the current rumor is Eddie Deans is catering Dinner - no BBQ for Thanksgiving but smoked turkey and ham).

The other item was that before my parents left for the east coast my mom made a huge batch of cranberry salad, so i have been snacking on that this week :angel2:

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#33 secretsea18

secretsea18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:39 AM

This is the most important part:

The hands that make the meal... are not the hands that clean up. Make sure you say this over and over, so your friends will get the unsubtle hint that they are to wash the dishes + pots and pans! :angel2:

#34 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 26 November 2008 - 07:04 AM

This is the most important part:

The hands that make the meal... are not the hands that clean up. :angel2:

Yes, yes, yes! This should be a "given", but it can't hurt to repeat it! Excellent point, Robin.
Although, I've found that if I don't do a little cleaning as I go, I run out of space on the counters! :lmao:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users