• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

05b: WRECKS & DRIFTDIVING the Keys MAY 14-20 and Floating Hotel!

• Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

#31 Canuck in Texas

Canuck in Texas

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 29 December 2008 - 04:38 AM

My Schedule changed by a week.

That means I can make this trip. :)
Yes to Nitrox

I will send doc's and payment this week

I might just ship my gear and ride my bike down.

Maurice
Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one else is looking.Posted Image

#32 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:37 AM

That means I can make this trip. :blush2:
Yes to Nitrox

Maurice

Excellent! :D See you in the spring! :teeth:

#33 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

Document Update:

1. Maurice aka Canuck in Texas: Received your waiver and survey! :teeth:

#34 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:10 PM

That means I can make this trip. :o
Yes to Nitrox

Maurice

Way :birthday: Thank goodness for schedule changes! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#35 Harleyguy1963

Harleyguy1963

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Board Status:x
  • Cert Level:Level 3 advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:26 AM

This is my first post to this site. I am intrested in this trip. The only caveats that I have is that I start my certification process on Jan 15 with check out dives in Mar. Would this trip be advisable for such a potential novice diver?
Gary T

#36 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:15 AM

This is my first post to this site. I am intrested in this trip. The only caveats that I have is that I start my certification process on Jan 15 with check out dives in Mar. Would this trip be advisable for such a potential novice diver?

Hey Harleyguy. I've asked WW to respond to your question. I'm not sure about the skill level required for this trip. Will let you know soon.

#37 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:47 AM

Hey Harleyguy. I've asked WW to respond to your question. I'm not sure about the skill level required for this trip. Will let you know soon.

Hey everyone...getting back to town after our New Year's Trip which was fantastic...WOW! What a great way to start the New Year! :cool1:

The trick to being a new diver is to practice as much as you can. If you don't dive at all from March to May after your cert dives then you risk forgetting what you've learned. It would be like learning to drive a car and then not doing it for a month after you learn. Chances are you'll be awkward doing it. So I'm not sure where you are at but most people can get some dives in EVEN if its in a pool to practice ascending and descending which is one of the MOST IMPORTANT aspects of diving anyway. You'll also want to practice gearing up and putting your equipment together until you can do it in the dark or by feel only. And yes you may be able to handle this trip with a Rent-A-Buddy if you are already comfortable in the water and you do not allow a full month gap between your cert dives and your first post-cert dives. You need to practice gearing up so its a rote process and NOT just with the tank facing away from you. You need to practice with the tank FACING you as that is how you'll see your tank when its on a diveboat. The real drawback to this destination is we will be doing live drops and drift dives which require good bouyancy. If you are a 'natural' then you should do ok with a personal guide. Another option might be the Bonaire trip a few weeks later since it is a newbie's haven.

To assist you with a better reply you are welcome to contact me and I'll talk to you personally. My email is kamala@singledivers.com if you want me to call you or you can call me at 214-350-7003.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#38 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

Payment Update:

1. Jeff aka Sparky103 ww got your payment for $625. :teeth:

#39 hambergler

hambergler

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:475

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:04 PM

Okay, here is my dilemna:

I REALLY want to do this trip, especially if they drop the Vandenberg off of Key West like they're supposed to, and also for the wrecks around Key Largo.

HOWEVER, all of the DMs and Instructors at my LDS are doing a Little Cayman trip the following week (24th to 30th and $1,700 not including air fare), and I've already committed to that trip, doing the Keys Krawl AND Little Cayman would mean being away from home for two weeks, and would mean spending a total of about $4,000, which is about all of my dive trip budget for 2009 (and I'd really like to do the Dry Tortugas Coral Spawn trip in August). Perhaps personal possessions could be sold and life insurance policies could be cashed out...

Logistically, all this means (big breath): getting a killer bonus and/or income tax refund, flying to Key West (or Miami and hitching a ride to Key West), diving up the Keys, getting a hotel & rent car in Miami for three days (and naturally doing some more diving/partying whilst there), flying to Grand Cayman then to Little Cayman, diving all that week, then flying back to the Big D.

I can get a friend to babysit my cat and watch the house, and I have the vacation days (a great benefit of being with the same company for 22 years), but what I really need is for some responsible person to take the time and lay out a logical argument that makes all this sound reasonable to me.

Basically, twist my arm, make me yell Uncle, and talk me into it. I need to be enabled.
I'm growing older but not up,
My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck.
Let those winds of time blow over my head,
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.

#40 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:22 AM

Sweetie I'm going to post the Coral Spawning trip TODAY so you won't have to decide between a real trip and one that is still 'fictional'! :birthday:

I would love to see you on either one since I can't get you for both. :lmao:

Hmm...sorry I'm not much help...maybe others will be! :P

formerly...

#41 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:19 AM

I REALLY want to do this trip, especially if they drop the Vandenberg off of Key West like they're supposed to, and also for the wrecks around Key Largo.

HOWEVER, all of the DMs and Instructors at my LDS are doing a Little Cayman trip the following week (24th to 30th and $1,700 not including air fare), and I've already committed to that trip, doing the Keys Krawl AND Little Cayman would mean being away from home for two weeks, and would mean spending a total of about $4,000, which is about all of my dive trip budget for 2009 (and I'd really like to do the Dry Tortugas Coral Spawn trip in August). Perhaps personal possessions could be sold and life insurance policies could be cashed out...

Logistically, all this means (big breath): getting a killer bonus and/or income tax refund, flying to Key West (or Miami and hitching a ride to Key West), diving up the Keys, getting a hotel & rent car in Miami for three days (and naturally doing some more diving/partying whilst there), flying to Grand Cayman then to Little Cayman, diving all that week, then flying back to the Big D.

I can get a friend to babysit my cat and watch the house, and I have the vacation days (a great benefit of being with the same company for 22 years), but what I really need is for some responsible person to take the time and lay out a logical argument that makes all this sound reasonable to me.

Basically, twist my arm, make me yell Uncle, and talk me into it. I need to be enabled.

As I am still on the fence with this trip due to some cost it would be pretty difficult at this moment for to twist your arm. But I betcha I could!! If the Vandenburg did get sunk, and on the schedule that would just Rock and make the drive and cost more worth it for me

#42 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:40 AM

As I am still on the fence with this trip due to some cost it would be pretty difficult at this moment for to twist your arm. But I betcha I could!! If the Vandenburg did get sunk, and on the schedule that would just Rock and make the drive and cost more worth it for me

Sounds like we need to twist YOUR arm! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#43 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:05 AM

Ok I'm twisting both your arms, just do it. It will be fun. :wakawaka: :teeth: Stop being so wishy washy! :lmao:

Edited by ScubaPunk, 07 January 2009 - 11:06 AM.

#44 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:26 AM

Sounds like we need to twist YOUR arm! :wakawaka:

Ok I'm twisting both your arms, just do it. It will be fun. :teeth: :lmao: Stop being so wishy washy! :lmao:

Gotta Love you guys. It is still very up front in my mind to do this trip.

#45 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

JUST DO IT

Jeff
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users