• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

My T-giving cooking skills were weak

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 02 December 2008 - 07:58 AM

Here is a turkey recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing -- imagine that. When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who just are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out. Give this a try.

8 - 15 lb. turkey
1 cup melted butter
2 cups stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is Good.)
1 cup uncooked popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT)
Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter; salt, and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven.

Listen for the popping sounds. When the turkey's ass blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the room, it's done. And I thought I didn't cook ... :cool1:
Posted Image

#2 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:40 AM

Here is a turkey recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a stuffing -- imagine that. When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me, who just are not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out. Give this a try.

8 - 15 lb. turkey
1 cup melted butter
Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter; salt, and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven.

Listen for the popping sounds. When the turkey's ass blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the room, it's done. And I thought I didn't cook ... :cool1:

Luv It........ But I saw it comming. :lmao:
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#3 justscuba

justscuba

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT, EFR INST,HSAI
  • Logged Dives: about 2250 cert 1973

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:44 PM

8 - 15 lb. turkey
1 cup melted butter
Salt/pepper to taste

Listen for the popping sounds. When the turkey's ass blows the oven door open and the bird flies across the room, it's done. And I thought I didn't cook ... :welcome:

Sorry but I don't think I will make it over to your house for dinner anytime soon. But maybe we could go out for dinner sometime. lol

Edited by justscuba, 02 December 2008 - 05:45 PM.

#4 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:02 PM

Sorry but I don't think I will make it over to your house for dinner anytime soon. But maybe we could go out for dinner sometime. lol

You're on - that's probably the safest way to go! But, in my defense, I do make a pretty mean chile. I actually get a case of green chile from Hatch, NM every year, sear them on my outdoor grill & freeze them until I need them. Put them in my scrambled eggs on the rare occassion I cook breakfast!
Posted Image

#5 justscuba

justscuba

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT, EFR INST,HSAI
  • Logged Dives: about 2250 cert 1973

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:02 AM

You're on - that's probably the safest way to go! But, in my defense, I do make a pretty mean chile. I actually get a case of green chile from Hatch, NM every year, sear them on my outdoor grill & freeze them until I need them. Put them in my scrambled eggs on the rare occassion I cook breakfast!

Now your talking "Green Chile" hon. OK that is one reason to live in NM. lol When you come down to Hatch let me know I might be able to dive Blue hole or El Paso with ya and go out for a real mexican dinner. I just wish we had more water her dive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users