• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Let's all Chat or Shout Out!

• Please log in to reply
933 replies to this topic

#61 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:09 AM

Thanks for the warm replies everyone. Things are ok on the front. Not sure if our suicide bomb incident made the news. Probably not. We lost two. Keep them in your prayers if you're the praying type. We've kicked it up a notch to try and keep them on their heels. It'll get a bit fiesty once the weather starts warming up. Always does.

Darlin', keep on truckin'. Do what you need to do. As Brad mentioned, like-minded people here at home have your six. PM me if you need anything (carepackages, letters, virtual hug, whatever.)

Victoria
a.k.a. "Intel" on several pro-mil forums

Great idea! If we can mount a letter campaign or care packages...PLEASE let us know!

Virtual Hugs are great too! :thankyou:

WW, I PM'd you about this yesterday
Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#62 damselfish

damselfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:11 AM

Beachjunkie, if your home state is Florida, I'm sure lots of us would meet you there for a HOMECOMING DIVE! Let us know when you are planning to come back. God Speed!
My brother was in Afganistan last year then Iraq. He's home now in flight school and does the reserves thing once a month.
Take Care, D
Ain't love a BEACH?

#63 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:40 AM

WW, I PM'd you about this yesterday

:thankyou:...been a bit slammed...will reply today! :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#64 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:39 AM

Hey Texan's! The most heartbreaking thing about leaving Texas to me was leaving the awesome live country music. (and the friendly people of course).
I'm so excited because Texas' Honky Tonk Kid Aaron Watson has a show here tomorrow night! I've seen him many times in Bryan/College Station with my friends there.
It will make me feel like I'm back home in Texas! Miss you guys! ~ Damselfish
Ain't love a BEACH?

#65 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:44 PM

Hey Texan's! The most heartbreaking thing about leaving Texas to me was leaving the awesome live country music. (and the friendly people of course).
I'm so excited because Texas' Honky Tonk Kid Aaron Watson has a show here tomorrow night! I've seen him many times in Bryan/College Station with my friends there.
It will make me feel like I'm back home in Texas! Miss you guys! ~ Damselfish

Waitaminute waitaminute!! HOLLLLLD it!!! :-D

Damselfish, you lived in BCS????? Where, and when?!??!?!? I lived there for four years! Both in College Station, and Bryan.

By the way, y'all, she ain't kiddin' about the awesome live music!! :cool1:

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#66 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

Well Victoria, I'm proud to say I'm an Aggie, lived there 5 years from "82 - 86" when I graduated with a Biomedical Science degree. You could find me any and every night at the Dixie Chicken playing pool and then Grahms Central Station dancing.
Then I moved back to a ranch outside Bryan/CS in 2002. Then just moved away 4 months ago. I do go back there quite a bit because I have several very good friends there and my daughter is a member of the Fighting Texas Aggie band.
I saw a lot of live music at The Texas Hall of Fame and The Icehouse at Lake Bryan/ The Hook.
~ D
Ain't love a BEACH?

#67 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:46 PM

I saw a lot of live music at The Texas Hall of Fame and The Icehouse at Lake Bryan/ The Hook.

I once saw Dead music. They did a 72 minute version of Truckin'... Awesome...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#68 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox/Cave
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

WW, I'm switching over to BP/W from my jacket style BC. Oxycheq Mach V Signature wing on an Oxycheq AL backplate and a DiveRite delux harness. A lot more new stuff comming... Regs, Wetsuits, everything. I'll be sure to check out the vendors listed on SD.

I will be back to the states pretty soon but will have to go back to Ft. Campbell. I have to do all my outprocessing paperwork, turn in all my gear, see the doc... you know, the normal stuff. I'll be diving the local quarries in the area on the weekends. If I can tolerate the cold!! I'll be moving down to Key West once I get done with all that.

I'm planning on going to the Bonaire trip with SD. Hopefully the time frame works out with getting home and everything finished with the military. I'm looking forward to it. It'll be my first "dive trip". Maybe I'll be able to come down to Fl before that and get some dives in with some SD members though. Can't wait!

As far as packages go, we stop getting mail here about a month out from us leaving. That added to shipping times and people getting a chance to send them off, we might not even get them before we leave. Add to that the complication of constantly moving through the country and it makes it pretty hectic trying t get mail. I'll make everyone a deal though. I'll take hugs and kisses from the ladies and hand shakes from the guys. Thats more than enough. We appreciate the thanks and understanding along with the support from everyone back home!! I also accept gratuities in the form of alchohol haha. Thanks again everyone. See you soon hopefully.
Bringing evil things to evil people... Because pacifists can't get a damn thing done!

Working on my PHD in CQB one house at a time.

#69 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:17 AM

BeachJunkie, I lived in the lower Keys (at mile marker 15), and worked at NAS Key West, in 2003 and 2004. If you've got any questions, or need a local contact to find a place to live, let me know. That's an extremely expensive place to live, but the trade off is being in paradise! I'll help you out any way I can!

In the mean time, here's a hug and a kiss!

Attached Thumbnails

• 013.gif
  • 189.gif

#70 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:51 AM

An inside contact would be awesome. The school is supposed to help setup housing so we'll see if they come through on that one. With the new GI Bill, I still get to retain my E-5 BAH pay along with them covering my tuition. I'm hoping to have one of the guys from my unit joining me so I'll have a roommate to split rent with. And he'll be getting the same deal so school and housing will be covered. Then hopefully I'll get lucky enough to find a decent part time job to pay for diving and alcohol! I'll let you know if I need anything though!

BTW, love the soldier smiley. never seen that one before. I like it haha.
Bringing evil things to evil people... Because pacifists can't get a damn thing done!

#71 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:04 AM

I :birthday: the soldier smiley too!

And wait til you see what Victoria and myself and a few others are cooking up next! :birthday: It will be AWESOME! :respect:

Great news Beach Junkie...on all fronts...

As for gear we have specials with Dive Rite, OMS, Deep Sea Supply for bp&w. Other vendors for other things. And check out these great sales of practically new stuff from one of our members HERE!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#72 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:45 AM

I'll take hugs and kisses from the ladies and hand shakes from the guys. Thats more than enough. We appreciate the thanks and understanding along with the support from everyone back home!! I also accept gratuities in the form of alchohol haha.

OK! I'll kiss your cheek & buy you a beer in Bonaire......deal? :respect:

With these kind of deals going on, we're sure to fill the resort in Bonaire in June! :birthday:
Posted Image

#73 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:15 AM

Kisses, Booze and diving... my life will be complete!

#74 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:22 AM

For those of you in Texas, Aaron Watson puts on an awesome show and has an 18 year old fiddle player that is incredible. Steel guitars, the fiddle and live Texas Country music! Awesome. You can take the girl out of Texas but you can't take the Texas out of the girl! I was thinking last night I should put my house here up for sale and move back!
~ D :wakawaka:
Ain't love a BEACH?

#75 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

Come on back D!!! :wakawaka: If you love someone...set them free!!!! :wakawaka:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users