• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

06: Divi Bonaire SINGLE'S WEEK! Jun 20-27, 09

• Please log in to reply
452 replies to this topic

#31 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,576 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:24 AM

Hey FLscubagirl, I'll send you a PM with the password. Just post or PM if you have any trouble.

ScubaPunk will want to know, so I'll just post as a reminder...

Please be sure to include your flight information on the trip survey when you fill it out. Include the airline, the flight numbers, the arrival and departure cities and the times of the flights. Email the survey to trips@singledivers.com.

Will you be staying extra days?
Will you be diving Nitrox?

Welcome to the trip...I just might make it myself!!

What She Said! Wow that was easy. :respect: Thanks Heidi.

Welcome to the Bonaire Trip FLscubagirl. We are going to have a blast. So do you want us to set you up with a roomate or do you want single occupancy?

DOUBLE WOW!!! We have the BEST members and volunteers! A site like this aka a dive club on steroids could not exist without its members! Thank you ladies...and thank you ladies for joining our trip! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,576 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:30 AM

Hi ScubaPunk. I'm not sure about single or double occupancy yet. Right now, I'm thinking single. But I need to take a look at everything again tomorrow and will let you know. Thanks.

Flscubagirl :thankyou:

Just let us know when you can. If we help you with rooming you won't be disappointed. And if for some reason your roomie looked good on paper but just didn't pan out in reality...TRUST ME WHEN I SAY...it's not a big deal and we'll get you swapped with someone else in a flash. EVERYONE knows that it could be them that didn't mesh with their roomie so they are happy to help someone else match up better. Afterall...it could be them the next time.

So let us know and you can see by the extensive survey we do...we have LOTS of parameters to help you match on many levels with a potential roommate.

And if you just want to unwind and pamper yourself...the single upgrade fee is not that much and you can have a luxurious time by yourself. The CHOICE is YOURS!!! :respect:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,576 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:58 AM

Hi there! Count me in for the Bonaire Singles Week June 20-27th :tears:

AWESOME! Glad you are joining us!

*I plan to pay either by a check in the mail or cc form by fax (I have already downloaded it) by Feb 9th and will let you know which one.
*I am working on the 2 required forms and will email and fax them as soon as I can.

Awesome on both fronts! :thankyou: for being so thorough and efficient!

*I will likely pay for the reduced fee for Nitrox by the due date (although one place it says 3/1 and another says 3/10 - let me know which it is).

Obviously we have a typo...the correct date is...NOW MARCH 15th to keep it SIMPLE!!!! :lmao:

*I don't need rental gear.
*I may go for the one extra day to leave on June 28th rather than June 27th depending on if I can do a d/o and maybe not have to change rooms to have a room-mate - will let you know before cut-off date of 5/10/09.

The sooner you decide to do the extra day...the more likely someone else will see you are and they will do the same. I wish we could guarantee a d/o for everyday you do on this trip...including extra days...but if I recall last year only a couple of peeps actually had to do a s/o and even then we had several volunteers so it all worked out. The KEY is to post what you are doing SOONER vs later...that way others can follow suit!

*I may also do the Rent-a-Buddy for the 5 days for $150 so I can have a spotter and maybe with someone who wants to take pics, too - when is the cut off date for letting you know that?
*I will let you know later about my air travel plans as I am going to first try to redeem miles.

You can essentially sign up for the rent-a-buddy whenever you like but we will do a first come first served approach if we get lots of takers on this trip. I am usually one of the rent-a-buddys and I am happy to help you with spotting critters as I'm sure any of our Rent-A-Buddys are. And I may even be taking pics too if it ends up being me! :o * Note we do allow up to two members/clients per Rent-A-Buddy so we'll try to pair you with another photog that ALSO wants a Rent-A-Buddy if we can!

I think that's all you need to know. I can't wait to take my first trip with SD! :P I'm looking forward to meeting you all! :respect: I also can't wait to hear what the theme is for the costume party! :cool1: Sharon aka scubamama78

We are excited that you are joining us too! This is one of the best aspects of our group...we are always getting new members and well we have lots of returning existing members so its the best of both worlds!

And I'm looking forward to when I hear what the theme will be for our costume part this year! Er....wait....I'm the one who has to decide what the theme will be... :lmao:

formerly...

#34 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:16 PM

Payment Update:

1. Gary aka Harleyguy1963: Received your payment in the amount of $412.00 includes PP fee! :thankyou:

Document Update:

1. Gayl aka FLscubagirl: Received your Survey! :teeth:

Edited by ScubaPunk, 05 February 2009 - 12:31 PM.

#35 FLscubagirl

FLscubagirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:53 PM

Hi ScubaPunk. I'm not sure about single or double occupancy yet. Right now, I'm thinking single. But I need to take a look at everything again tomorrow and will let you know. Thanks.

Flscubagirl :thankyou:

Just let us know when you can. If we help you with rooming you won't be disappointed. And if for some reason your roomie looked good on paper but just didn't pan out in reality...TRUST ME WHEN I SAY...it's not a big deal and we'll get you swapped with someone else in a flash. EVERYONE knows that it could be them that didn't mesh with their roomie so they are happy to help someone else match up better. Afterall...it could be them the next time.

So let us know and you can see by the extensive survey we do...we have LOTS of parameters to help you match on many levels with a potential roommate.

And if you just want to unwind and pamper yourself...the single upgrade fee is not that much and you can have a luxurious time by yourself. The CHOICE is YOURS!!! :teeth:

I e-mailed my survey and my airline itinerary yesterday (saw the post that you received it.....thanks). I will be faxing my waiver and cc authorization today.

I would like single occupancy, and Nitrox, please.

Anything else I am forgetting?

Thanks,
FLscubagirl
:-D

#36 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

A little "teaser".....the link below takes you to an underwater camera at a Bonaire dive site called Something Special (you have a choice of 5 cameras, pick the underwater one!)

Set the refresh to every 2 seconds, and it's almost (but not quite) like streaming video. You can even see divers from time to time. A great way to build up your anticipation level for this trip!

http://www.breathebonaire.com
Posted Image

#37 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:43 PM

Excellent site LDN - I look at it often even though we are not going to Bonaire this year! It's a fun site.

Before our trip last year I also looked at Bonairetalk.com - lots of good info thee too.

Bonaire is a great place to dive - beautiful reefs/fish. ENJOY!!
Known puker

#38 scubamama78

scubamama78

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:260

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:52 PM

Hi there! Count me in for the Bonaire Singles Week June 20-27th :teeth:

AWESOME! Glad you are joining us!

*I plan to pay either by a check in the mail or cc form by fax (I have already downloaded it) by Feb 9th and will let you know which one.
*I am working on the 2 required forms and will email and fax them as soon as I can.

Awesome on both fronts! :rolleyes: for being so thorough and efficient!

*I will likely pay for the reduced fee for Nitrox by the due date (although one place it says 3/1 and another says 3/10 - let me know which it is).

Obviously we have a typo...the correct date is...NOW MARCH 15th to keep it SIMPLE!!!! :teeth:

*I don't need rental gear.
*I may go for the one extra day to leave on June 28th rather than June 27th depending on if I can do a d/o and maybe not have to change rooms to have a room-mate - will let you know before cut-off date of 5/10/09.

The sooner you decide to do the extra day...the more likely someone else will see you are and they will do the same. I wish we could guarantee a d/o for everyday you do on this trip...including extra days...but if I recall last year only a couple of peeps actually had to do a s/o and even then we had several volunteers so it all worked out. The KEY is to post what you are doing SOONER vs later...that way others can follow suit!

*I may also do the Rent-a-Buddy for the 5 days for $150 so I can have a spotter and maybe with someone who wants to take pics, too - when is the cut off date for letting you know that?
*I will let you know later about my air travel plans as I am going to first try to redeem miles.

You can essentially sign up for the rent-a-buddy whenever you like but we will do a first come first served approach if we get lots of takers on this trip. I am usually one of the rent-a-buddys and I am happy to help you with spotting critters as I'm sure any of our Rent-A-Buddys are. And I may even be taking pics too if it ends up being me! :teeth: * Note we do allow up to two members/clients per Rent-A-Buddy so we'll try to pair you with another photog that ALSO wants a Rent-A-Buddy if we can!

I think that's all you need to know. I can't wait to take my first trip with SD! :twist: I'm looking forward to meeting you all! :fish: I also can't wait to hear what the theme is for the costume party! :wacko: Sharon aka scubamama78

We are excited that you are joining us too! This is one of the best aspects of our group...we are always getting new members and well we have lots of returning existing members so its the best of both worlds!

And I'm looking forward to when I hear what the theme will be for our costume part this year! Er....wait....I'm the one who has to decide what the theme will be... :lmao:

I'm still trying to get the hang of this so I hope this is the way to respond to your answers to my questions, which is: :teeth: for all of them! I'll try to decide sooner rather than later on everything I'm still am thinking about. Would love to have you as a buddy - that way I wouldn't miss out on any of the fun (above or below water) :twist: because I think you are one of the instigators of all the fun we'll have! :)

sharon aka scubamama78 :fish:

#39 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:26 PM

Okay, I have been provided with a financial opportunity that is making this trip possible. Check went out in the mail about an hour ago. D/O, will pay for nitrox by reduced rate date, will provide air details soon, currently thinking standard trip but may consider extra days if the cost is doable for me.
Who else out there is coming? Come on, ya know ya want to !! :usflag:

#40 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,576 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:18 AM

I'm still trying to get the hang of this so I hope this is the way to respond to your answers to my questions, which is: :lmao: for all of them! I'll try to decide sooner rather than later on everything I'm still am thinking about. Would love to have you as a buddy - that way I wouldn't miss out on any of the fun (above or below water) :twist: because I think you are one of the instigators of all the fun we'll have! :cool1:

sharon aka scubamama78 :pray:

No worries...take the time you need! We are flexible although as we grow its a bit harder to be as flexible as we've been BUT I don't see it changing too much! As for being one of the chief instigators...YEP! That would be correct but I seem to have LOTS of them on our trips so you'll be in good company and won't miss a lick of the fun! :teeth:

formerly...

#41 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,576 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:20 AM

Okay, I have been provided with a financial opportunity that is making this trip possible. Check went out in the mail about an hour ago. D/O, will pay for nitrox by reduced rate date, will provide air details soon, currently thinking standard trip but may consider extra days if the cost is doable for me.
Who else out there is coming? Come on, ya know ya want to !! :lmao:

Heidi that is GREAT NEWS! You have a blast on this trip...but then I say that about every trip don't I? LOL! k

formerly...

#42 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:00 AM

Who else out there is coming? Come on, ya know ya want to !! :pray:

Yup I wanna go ,,, but the timing is not good :cool1: if I get to go it will be a last second decision :lmao:
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#43 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,576 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:21 AM

Who else out there is coming? Come on, ya know ya want to !! :tears:

Yup I wanna go ,,, but the timing is not good :( if I get to go it will be a last second decision :banghead:

I know it interferes with your crop schedule...but we did not have a choice as to when in June we were doing this event...the resort picked the actual dates...but we have our FINGERS AND TOES crossed you can make it at the last second! :pray:

formerly...

#44 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,576 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 04:21 AM

This trip is NOW open to all members for booking! See you in BONAIRE!!! :P

formerly...

#45 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:27 AM

Document Update:

1. Gary aka Harleyguy1963: Received your Survey, Waiver and Flight Info! :respect: :usflag:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users