• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

12: MONA Island SINGLE'S WEEK on Nekton Dec 12-19, 09

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#286 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 18 November 2009 - 05:46 PM

Dan, I will not be on this trip. Always good to know of cheap motels for future refrence. Dive Safe, Stan
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#287 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:02 PM

WW what is the time the shuttle will be getting back into San Juan on the 19th? Im finalizing plans now for flights as im leaving PR and heading to Key West for a couple of days prior to returning to Dallas. i have the forms printed out right now and im working on them. I will scan them and send it to you today. then on the 12th what time do i need to be at the dock?

Then stan are you going on this trip as you were asking about hotels in rincon. I have a few leads on places to stay but i need a budget range (are you going on this trip?). Im coming into San Juan on the evening of the 8th and will be staying in old San Juan till the morning of the 10th where i will transit to the west coast where i will be visiting old friends from my internship, doing some diving (Descheo, and around Aguadilla-Crashboat, Shacks, and a secret place where the B-29 sister ship to the Enola Gay rests at the bottom of the ocean) trying out a rebreather, and doing a bunch of photography as well, as im coming loaded for bear this trip. Then on the evening of the 12th i will turn in the rental car and head for the dock

Dan per the first post you can not book a flight earlier than 3pm or 2:40-ish if flying AA.

As for being at the dock on the 12th I do not know what time the vans will be departing yet. That is contingent on the arrival of the members flying in. So far they are all over the map. We need a few more peeps on the trip to make it easier for the vans!

p.s. since you sound as if you have a full day the 12th why don't you plan to leave with the LATE crowd...Ladydi, myself and a few others! That way you don't have to be rushed! k

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#288 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:50 PM

WW - I will already be on the west coast of Puerto Rico on the day the boat leaves (most likely will be in the rincon area, as i only signed up for the return transfer). What time do i need to be at the dock on saturday the 12th.

as for coming back i could book a 1:25pm departure but im having the feeling that is way early based on what i know the transit time (about 4 hours) is from mayaquez to san juan as we would have to leave the dock at 8am to make that flight. would it be safe to say to book the 4pm flight out of san juan

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#289 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:58 AM

WW - I will already be on the west coast of Puerto Rico on the day the boat leaves (most likely will be in the rincon area, as i only signed up for the return transfer). What time do i need to be at the dock on saturday the 12th.

as for coming back i could book a 1:25pm departure but im having the feeling that is way early based on what i know the transit time (about 4 hours) is from mayaquez to san juan as we would have to leave the dock at 8am to make that flight. would it be safe to say to book the 4pm flight out of san juan

Ok the first part of my reply was correct...on the 19th per the first post you can not book a flight earlier than 2:40-ish if flying AA or 3pm if flying anyone else. So yes your 1:25 flight is way too early.

As for arriving at the boat...it departs at 11pm from the dock so I'd say before 10pm that night which is hopefully when the late arrivers flying in will arrive.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#290 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:46 PM

NOTICE:

I need surveys and/or flight information for the following people as soon as possible:

Kate aka KateP
Nancy aka Scubagoat
Dan aka Scubatooth
Que aka Sea Urchin

:evilgrin:

#291 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

NOTICE:

I need surveys and/or flight information for the following people as soon as possible:

Kate aka KateP
Nancy aka Scubagoat
Dan aka Scubatooth
Que aka Sea Urchin

:evilgrin:

Hey gang...it is IMPERATIVE that we get these forms in ASAP! The boat must prepare the manifest for customs clearance and that can't be done at the last minute!

formerly...

#292 DivingJoel

DivingJoel

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:49 PM

I guess I'm all set. Really looking forward to this. This is my first singledivers trip.

#293 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

I guess I'm all set. Really looking forward to this. This is my first singledivers trip.

I think you are right....and a GREAT ONE IT WILL BE!!! :evilgrin:

formerly...

#294 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:27 AM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATES:

1. If your flight information has CHANGED pls make sure you send a copy of those changes to divesales@nektoncruises.com AND trips@singledivers.com.

The boat needs this information for van pickups. PLEASE make sure they have your most current flight details. Even if you have sent them to us...PLEASE make sure you have ALSO sent them to Nekton Cruises.

2. Please check this thread as we get closer to the trip for last minute details. We all live busy lives and emails are difficult to send out to everyone and usually they are overlooked anyway. So please check back here to this thread for last minute updates and details. Feel free to ask any questions you have as well. :thankyou:

3. If you still have outstanding docs for this trip it is IMPERATIVE that you get them in immediately. We must have them for custom's manifests, rooming etc.

4. School Supplies...do not forget we are bringing school supplies to a local orphanage. They need paper, pens, pencils, sharpeners, rulers, glue, etc. (All the basic stuff!) Make sure if you bring glue its in your CHECKED luggage.

5. Medical Envelope: Please do not forget to prepare your medical envelope with a complete list of all allergies or 'no allergies' if none. Include any meds you are taking and where they are located in your luggage (its a good idea to tell your roommate as well if you have one.) If you are not taking any meds please write "no meds being taken". Pls include any non-prescription meds or pills or supplements you take as well since these are important. Also include a copy of your passport, c-card and insurance cards JUST IN CASE YOU LOSE THEM! And finally pls list out all medical conditions both current and historical that a doctor would need to know if you were being treated and could not speak for yourself. Then seal the info into an envelope with your real name and screen name on it and bring it on the trip to give to the trip leader...in this case me. :birthday:

formerly...

#295 DiverPhil06

DiverPhil06

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:58 PM

5. Medical Envelope: Please do not forget to prepare your medical envelope with a complete list of all allergies or 'no allergies' if none. Include any meds you are taking and where they are located in your luggage (its a good idea to tell your roommate as well if you have one.) If you are not taking any meds please write "no meds being taken". Pls include any non-prescription meds or pills or supplements you take as well since these are important. Also include a copy of your passport, c-card and insurance cards JUST IN CASE YOU LOSE THEM! And finally pls list out all medical conditions both current and historical that a doctor would need to know if you were being treated and could not speak for yourself. Then seal the info into an envelope with your real name and screen name on it and bring it on the trip to give to the trip leader...in this case me. ;)
[/quote]

Regarding the passport issue: for US citizens, can someone clarify the policy on bringing US passports. Are they required or not? And does a copy suffice or is original required?

thanks

#296 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

5. Medical Envelope: Please do not forget to prepare your medical envelope with a complete list of all allergies or 'no allergies' if none. Include any meds you are taking and where they are located in your luggage (its a good idea to tell your roommate as well if you have one.) If you are not taking any meds please write "no meds being taken". Pls include any non-prescription meds or pills or supplements you take as well since these are important. Also include a copy of your passport, c-card and insurance cards JUST IN CASE YOU LOSE THEM! And finally pls list out all medical conditions both current and historical that a doctor would need to know if you were being treated and could not speak for yourself. Then seal the info into an envelope with your real name and screen name on it and bring it on the trip to give to the trip leader...in this case me. ;)

Regarding the passport issue: for US citizens, can someone clarify the policy on bringing US passports. Are they required or not? And does a copy suffice or is original required?

thanks

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong... but the first post with all the trip info says:

VISA INFORMATION:

Per Nekton's webiste No passport is required for US Citizens to dive either Eastern Puerto Rico or St Croix. If traveling from other countries you will need a passport to enter. You will clear customs in PR and you will need proof of legal identity.

So if you are a US citizen and not traveling from other countries (besides the US)... you won't need a passport, but will need proof of legal identity... whatever you use for identification, have the real deal and have a copy (can be in your medical info envelope in the event you need it.)

#297 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:36 AM

PASSPORT CLARIFICATIONS:

For this particular trip a passport is not needed but truthfully most divers have one so its easier than dealing with other forms of legal identity. So if you have one BRING IT. And put a copy in your medical envelope in the event that you lose your original. It will make it 1000% easier to get back into the US from anywhere if you have a copy. (PR and St Croix are exceptions to this as you are not considered having left the territories of the US when you are there.)

You can not travel on a copy of your passport but in the event of a lost passport, the copy will greatly speed up your ability to return to the US.

I hope this answers your questions. Kamala

formerly...

#298 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:27 AM

IMPORTANT NITROX UPDATE:

I have just rec'd word from the boat that there is one more nitrox space available? Does anyone want it???

formerly...

#299 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

The Following People Will Be Denied Boarding Due to Nekton Not Being Able To File Govt Paperwork:

(You MUST get your Nekton Documents to Nekton either via email to divesales@nektoncruises or via fax 954-463-8938)

1. Joel A
2. Dan W
3. Katheryn P
4. Que N
5. Nancy B

I do not have your NEKTON documents or I would fax then for you. It is IMPERATIVE that you send these in by tomorrow morning so proper documentation can be filed or they will deny you boarding the boat on the 12th.

Please give this your immediate attention. Kamala

formerly...

#300 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:18 PM

documents emailed. but someone at nekton needs to look at there fax machine as it hasnt been working or on. then today the one time it did connect it was busy so still unable to connect.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users