• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SDers on Facebook

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:22 PM

Most everyone by now knows of myspace but not as many know about facebook, and it has been around longer then MS. Facebook is more for the professional set that wants to keep things clean and professional (not always the case, but most of it)

also there is a new group on facebook just for SD so if your on FB make your face known http://www.facebook....id=115760325290

So whose on facebook?

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#2 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:25 PM

only suggestion is that membership doesnt need to be a free for all and i think it a good idea to verify people joining are part of this site as well. just my opinion

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#3 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:29 PM

Count me out. I already have to log onto too many things. I'll see you on myspace Dan Dan
Ain't love a BEACH?

#4 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:36 PM

Count me out. I already have to log onto too many things. I'll see you on myspace Dan Dan

LOL I know what you mean I have about 25 sites that my browser logs into when i fire up my browser, and the bad one is i could have alot more. I got on facebook after a good friend of mine said that she wouldnt get on MS because of a scare. I also find more people from HS and college on Facebook then anything

#5 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

Oh well, everyone keeps inviting me to join it but I spend too much time already on the computer. Like I just got home from work and should be doing other stuff. I'm sure a lot of people will join you though. Everyone I know is on it. ~ D
Ain't love a BEACH?

#6 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:48 PM

Hey tooth, is that you who just tried to add me as a friend on FB? Ya know I only know you by tooth...except that Damselfish just helped me remember your first name... ya gotta give me more of a clue with a message if you're gonna be my friend there... (Dan ###$%%$, who's that??!! LOL!) FB has friends from 1st grade on thru this past year of my life (now don't you go wondering how come I only have ## friends, I'm a very picky chick! :thankyou: ) Quite fun to catch up - some interesting twists and turns in lives of people I'd lost contact...

#7 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

Its sad that it takes me a while if i sit down and check all the sites i frequent( EMS, Photo, Diving, travel, networking, ebay, calander, and email) and several foreign news services as well it would take me over 6 hours to read everything (about 4 with just whats between the parenthesis) and get caught up especially after a shift

#8 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:07 PM

Heidi

yes thats me, thats why i have my avatars match between MS, FB, SD. Then be lucky you have photos of me as those are rare as normally Im the one taking them and not in them. Now UW that has been different because i have given my rig to someone to take a picture and i have gotten a few good ones. there are other photos of me but thats from trips i have gone on SD and they have been taken and then later i have been tagged in on FB, MS etc. I swear cameras and lens have broken taking my photo its that bad.

Abbreviation guide

MS = Myspace
FB = FaceBook
SD = SingleDivers.com
LI = Linked In

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:43 AM

Most everyone by now knows of myspace but not as many know about facebook, and it has been around longer then MS. Facebook is more for the professional set that wants to keep things clean and professional (not always the case, but most of it)

also there is a new group on facebook just for SD so if your on FB make your face known http://www.facebook....id=115760325290

So whose on facebook?

Um....we weren't finished building our group out...but please understand we are under construction and KNOW it will get better once I figure it all out! LOL! k

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:45 AM

Oh well, everyone keeps inviting me to join it but I spend too much time already on the computer. Like I just got home from work and should be doing other stuff. I'm sure a lot of people will join you though. Everyone I know is on it. ~ D

I'm with you but if we don't get onto the FB and MS bandwagon...they REALLY WILL KNOW HOW OLD WE ARE! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#11 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:57 AM

Marvel asked me to join FB a couple of months ago, so I did. Then I was inundated with e-mails and thought that FB must be a spam generator. Well it is if you don't turn off all of those darn "notification" buttons. So, yes, I'm on facebook, too. I actually check it out once a week or so.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#12 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:30 PM

I personally do not like myspace at all, so I am not on myspace. While I also find it is easy to get too inundated with too many computer committments, FaceBook is a really cool online tool. It is not a cheesy arcade that I equate myspace with.

I read a quote in an article where the two applications were compared, "A big difference on Facebook is that the friends you add are usually your real friends. It’s not a contest like on MySpace where everyone is trying to have the most friends. On Facebook it about talking to the people you know and sharing things with them." That concept has rung true and especially the latter sentence.

Kudos FaceBook for providing a nice application.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#13 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

I personally do not like myspace at all, so I am not on myspace. While I also find it is easy to get too inundated with too many computer committments, FaceBook is a really cool online tool. It is not a cheesy arcade that I equate myspace with.

I read a quote in an article where the two applications were compared, "A big difference on Facebook is that the friends you add are usually your real friends. It’s not a contest like on MySpace where everyone is trying to have the most friends. On Facebook it about talking to the people you know and sharing things with them." That concept has rung true and especially the latter sentence.

Kudos FaceBook for providing a nice application.

I'm with you on that one. It has been like one big high school/college/former workplace reunion on facebook. Never got the same kind of reaction on MS.

#14 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

I have profiles on both MySpace and Facebook. The thing I have noticed with MySpace is that you get requests for friends from folks who you wonder why they want to be your friend in the first place. I can't count how many requests I have received from young women who could easily be my daughter, I just ignore those. I usually only accept friend requests from people I know or have known through the years and they write me a little note explaining how and why they want to be on my friends list.

As for Facebook, I find it as already described and it is a pretty good tool. I have already gotten back in touch with many classmates, some I have not talked to in 20-30 years. Again, I apply the same rules as I do with MySpace.
-Mitch-

#15 Sassi

Sassi

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

I agree - never wanted to do the MS thingy, was leary of FB until I had several of my very good friends invite me. So now, I've joined the bandwagon and set up a profile on FB. I've even reconnected with many people I went to high school with (and even one from kindergarten). It is also easy to stay in touch with people I've been stationed with. So as everyone is saying - a very good tool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users