• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Buddyless In Keys this Wed, Fri, Sat

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 grouper

grouper

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox, Intro to Tech
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:32 AM

Hi,

I'm in Key Largo right now. If anyone out there is buddyless and/or wants to dive, please contact me.

I'd like to head further south though since I'm doing the Duane this morning and Spiegel Grove as my deep dive for AOW on Thursday so I will have seen a lot of Key Largo.

Thanks,
Peter

Edited by Landlocked Dive Nut, 10 March 2009 - 07:35 AM.
Removed personal phone number from public view

#2 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:38 AM

Hi,

I'm in Key Largo right now. If anyone out there is buddyless and/or wants to dive, please contact me.

I'd like to head further south though since I'm doing the Duane this morning and Spiegel Grove as my deep dive for AOW on Thursday so I will have seen a lot of Key Largo.

Thanks,
Peter

Two of my favorites! Have a great time. BTW could you check the depth of the deck (with your SPG) on the Duane for me?
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#3 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:49 AM

[/quote]

Two of my favorites! Have a great time. BTW could you check the depth of the deck (with your SPG) on the Duane for me?
[/quote]

Hey Zac, I had 109 on the deck from my last trip.

#4 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:49 AM

Thanks! Got it! It will b e interesting to see what grouper comes up with. As you know, it's sinking :P

#5 grouper

grouper

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:02 PM

Thanks! Got it! It will b e interesting to see what grouper comes up with. As you know, it's sinking :teeth:

At the shop they said 111 to the deck. So it sank 2 feet since pmarie was there! ;-) Sorry but I won't be able to check it because instead of the Duane we did Carrysfort (sp?) Lighthouse (I got down to 72' for the first time and it was awesome! Also just a nice dive overall I thought except I froze my ass off.)

But, we're doing the Spiegel Grove Thursday--I can check that for you! Wait a minute, I'll be AOW by Thursday so I'll check the Duane too :-)

--Peter

#6 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:35 PM

Thanks! Got it! It will b e interesting to see what grouper comes up with. As you know, it's sinking :teeth:

At the shop they said 111 to the deck. So it sank 2 feet since pmarie was there! ;-) Sorry but I won't be able to check it because instead of the Duane we did Carrysfort (sp?) Lighthouse (I got down to 72' for the first time and it was awesome! Also just a nice dive overall I thought except I froze my ass off.)

But, we're doing the Spiegel Grove Thursday--I can check that for you! Wait a minute, I'll be AOW by Thursday so I'll check the Duane too :-)

--Peter

Thanks Peter! And CONGRATS!! on your upcoming cert. Happy diving!

#7 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

I had no clue it was sinking!!! I am diving it at the end of the month, I'll have to share that little gem of knowledge

#8 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:51 AM

I had no clue it was sinking!!! I am diving it at the end of the month, I'll have to share that little gem of knowledge

Not too long ago, I'm thinking 6 years?, you could teach the AOW "deep" dive on the Duane. (my agency allows training to 100ft) Then you could get a waiver to train on it for a while and then they stopped giving out waivers all together as it got deeper and deeper. It is one of my favorite dives. When are you diving it? I may join ya.

#9 JimG

JimG

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:12 AM

I'll be in Tavernier this weekend for a few days - bringing a group of OW students down and we are diving Sunday afternoon, Monday morning, Monday night, and Tuesday morning with Conch Republic. I'm actually arriving on Saturday, but not sure if I will be there early enough to dive on Saturday afternoon (probably not, though). If anybody wants to join up with our group, then please let me know!

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#10 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:32 AM

Not too long ago, I'm thinking 6 years?, you could teach the AOW "deep" dive on the Duane. (my agency allows training to 100ft) Then you could get a waiver to train on it for a while and then they stopped giving out waivers all together as it got deeper and deeper. It is one of my favorite dives. When are you diving it? I may join ya.

I'll be diving with Conch Republic on March 28 and 29!!

#11 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:33 AM

I'll be in Tavernier this weekend for a few days - bringing a group of OW students down and we are diving Sunday afternoon, Monday morning, Monday night, and Tuesday morning with Conch Republic. I'm actually arriving on Saturday, but not sure if I will be there early enough to dive on Saturday afternoon (probably not, though). If anybody wants to join up with our group, then please let me know!

-JimG

Wish I could join ya but I won't get home 'till Monday nite. Good diving your way!

#12 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:36 AM

I'll be diving with Conch Republic on March 28 and 29!!

HHHhhhmmmmm......... interesting. I'll get back to you. Sounds good

#13 grouper

grouper

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:33 PM

I got sick during the week so I had to postpone until Saturday, and we dove the Spiegel Grove. We did two dives on the wreck, including a little swim-through. I have to say it was an amazing experience! Going down the mooring line and seeing the ship emerge out of the darkness for the first time is really unforgettable. It was a great "final exam" for AOW.

Edited by grouper, 15 March 2009 - 10:36 PM.

#14 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:35 AM

I got sick during the week so I had to postpone until Saturday, and we dove the Spiegel Grove. We did two dives on the wreck, including a little swim-through. I have to say it was an amazing experience! Going down the mooring line and seeing the ship emerge out of the darkness for the first time is really unforgettable. It was a great "final exam" for AOW.

You are right, the first time you see that wreck is definately unforgettable. It is an amazing experience. Other than being sick I hope you have enjoyed the Keys!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users