• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Basic Training

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:24 AM

As a side question, has anyone tried the "Omega Aquatics Flip Fins"? They are the ones that you can wear while getting in and out of the water without taking off your fins. Sounds like a great design, but I wonder if they unlock easily.

-Margaret

If I recall correctly, Moose had them.... where the heck is he?

#32 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:54 AM

I believe Squid has them.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#33 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:22 PM

As a side question, has anyone tried the "Omega Aquatics Flip Fins"? They are the ones that you can wear while getting in and out of the water without taking off your fins. Sounds like a great design, but I wonder if they unlock easily.

-Margaret

Given the time spent in the water, versus the amount of time spent on a ladder or making an entry/exit, it would seem wise to choose equipment based on in-water performance rather than very brief entry/exit moments. That said, these fins may be terrific in the water, but somehow it just doesn't seem like it from a distance...

#34 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

I was recently on a trip south and I decided to go ahead and hand up my fins, I normally put them on my wrists.....I was pissed (at myself) when I got blown off of the ladder. All I kept thinking was "The one time I hand my fins up I need them." I now do not care what the oeprator says, I'm keeping my fins.

#35 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:15 PM

I was recently on a trip south and I decided to go ahead and hand up my fins, I normally put them on my wrists.....I was pissed (at myself) when I got blown off of the ladder. All I kept thinking was "The one time I hand my fins up I need them." I now do not care what the oeprator says, I'm keeping my fins.

I swear, those hard lessons learned stick with me better than any other lessons! :wakawaka:
Posted Image

#36 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:32 AM

I swear, those hard lessons learned stick with me better than any other lessons! :)

The instructors at our shop have been known to gently remind students of the value of having fins with you and accessible until you are well clear of the water for the reason of winding up back in the big pool if one is boat diving. This starts from the first pool lesson on.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users