• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Just A Scuba Cowboy hits the radio airwaves!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Neptuner

Neptuner

I spend too much time on line

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:35 AM

Hi Gang!

As you all know, I've been working to push this last album as hard as I can so that everyone out there knows just what us Scuba divers are all about! If you didn't know it already, the album got instant airplay upon it's intial release all over Europe due primarily to the exposure I've gotten while playing on the SD.com trips! You ROCK Wenchie!!!!! Since then, a few more European countries have started playing it, as well as Australia! The interesting thing is that originally I hadn't really intended to pursue radio play with this album because it's so closely aligned with our sport and I was concerned that might limit the acceptance, but it seems that BOTH Country music and Trop-Rock stations are loving it! I guess people are just plain tired of too much negativity in the world and they are ready to have a little fun the scuba diving way!

In any case, after ALL of these stations initiated contact with me I decided to start doing a little pushing of my own. To that end I just did an interview with one of the college stations, "Big Burrito Radio", in Chicago a few weeks ago and have started submitting the songs for airplay over here in the states. Well, I am very happy to announce that after a fairly rigid screening process through our local country radio station KCCY, "Headin' to Belize" was accepted for submission on the NEW! network for independent artists which provides airplay content for over 400 internet and transmission stations across the country. Yeah baby!!!! Once one song is accepted, I am considered a viable artist and I'm allowed to submit up to 5 songs simultaneously for airplay, so I've already grabbed a few of your favorites off the album and uploaded them. This doesn't guarantee that any of the songs will get played on the air, but it definitely puts them firmly on the radar so to speak. So... here's the part where I ask for a little help from my friends once again. Not only are these songs available for play by the radio stations, but they are available for end users to play on-line as well. Essentially, they track the plays of every song that is submitted and of course the more plays you have the more likely the radio stations are to pick up your songs. So, I'm providing a link below that goes directly to my radio station supplied page that contains the 5 songs I currently have submitted. If you have a minute while your on-line, please click on the link, pick one or two of the songs and give them a listen. You can rate the songs as well if you like, but most importantly the songs must be played in their entirety in order for the play to count. So basically you just need to listen to scuba tunes while you're busy doing your other on-line activities. How hard is that, huh? The system doesn't track IP's or anything like that, so you can go back and listen to the same song 1000 times and every play will count. I'm hoping to absolutely hammer them with plays, cuz I know once these tunes hit the airwaves, the rest will be history so to speak... and you'll all be invited on the first Pup Morse concert cruise... on it's way to a great dive destination of course and with Wenchie at the helm!

As always, I love and appreciate every single one of you and I can't begin to thank you enough for your continued support! Please feel free to copy and paste this link and send it to a million friends via e-mail!

Here is the link:
Let's get Pup on the Radio!

P.S. The second album is already underway! This one will hit real close to home with tunes like "Roatan Rodeo", "Mark the Perma-Narc", "She's Just a ScubaPunk" and of course "The Wreck Wench"!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's make the NUMBERS SOAR!!!
As of 11am 3-23-09 here are the counts! Let's get these numbers up! Its simple...just click on a song and listen to it play! (You may have to hit the play button after it downloads the song...on one computer it does it automagically and on the other it requires two clicks....) We'll keep this updated daily so you can see how you are helping to fill the world with DIVING!!! -ww :fish2:

MONDAY March 22

Headin' to Belize

Plays: 27

Plays Today: 3
Rating: 4.9/5.0

Just A Scuba Cowboy

Plays: 20

Plays Today: 6
Rating: 4.2/5.0

All Dah' Best

Plays: 19

Plays Today: 5
Rating: 4.9/5.0

She Makes Me Dream

Plays Today: 5
Rating: 4.8/5.0

Scubadubadoo

Plays: 8

TUESDAY March 23

Headin' to Belize

Plays: 33

Plays Today: 0
Rating: 2.5/5.0

Just A Scuba Cowboy

Plays: 29

All Dah' Best

She Makes Me Dream

Plays: 35

Scubadubadoo

Plays: 15

Wed Mar 24th

Headin' to Belize

Plays: 34

Just A Scuba Cowboy

Plays: 44

All Dah' Best

Plays: 32

She Makes Me Dream

Plays: 38

Scubadubadoo

Plays: 23

• Mermaid Lady likes this

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#2 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:49 AM

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! :fish2: :diver: :fish: congrats Pup
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#3 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:55 AM

Great news, Pup! I'm glad your music is hitting the open airwaves in many locations.

I actually have Headin' to Belize on my workout playlist on my iPod!
Posted Image

#4 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:18 AM

:cool1: Michael that's awesome!! I'm very happy for you. Now let me go I have some music to listen to. :P
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#5 scubajunkie6

scubajunkie6

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Nitrox certified
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:52 AM

Pup, you've got my support! Just heard your music while making this post. Now I've got your voice of "Headin' to Belize" stuck in my head for the rest of the day, lol. Looking forward to hearing the rest. That is awesome news that you have peaked some interest GLOBALLY! How cool is that??? Congrats!
-Margaret

#6 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

They're all good, but "She Makes Me Dream" is phenomenal. Guys, if you want to sweep your woman off her feet, just download this one and play if for her. I promise. :P :P :cool1:
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#7 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

That's great new Pup....CONGRATS!!!
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#8 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

Fabulous Pup. All that hard work is paying off. :cool1: I'll play your songs every chance I get. How long do they track it for? Say do they watch it for a month or a week?

Just a thought (while you're playing in the background here) I copied the link from the site and will send it out to some friends that are always looking for good new music.

Edited by lynnlchan, 22 March 2009 - 03:22 PM.

Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#9 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:26 PM

Excellent Michael!
Known puker

#10 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:50 PM

Awesome Pup!! I think I'll post it to all I can on Facebook.... hhhmmm???
OK...done.... in hindsight there must be a way to send it to everyone at once :cool1:
OK Edit #2 UPDATE...Apparently I wasn't supposed to post or send the good news to anyone on Facebook :P . I will just have to consider myself scolded and move on..... Oooopppssss..... :P

Edited by divzac, 22 March 2009 - 05:32 PM.

I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#11 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:26 PM

That's funny Zach!!! :P

Great News Pup!! Looks like we will all do what we can. I am ready for that cruise!!! :cool1:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#12 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:30 PM

Neppy Buddy,
You have the Heart and Soul to make this happen :wavey: , I have heard You Live on several occasions and Your Music is Divalicious !. You might want to follow the foot steps of Bob Marley, Huey Lewis, Santana and Jimmy Buffet. Inspiration makes Dreams come true, Dreams give you inspiration..... You have Both

Congrats My Friend

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#13 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:35 AM

Great news Neptuner and congrats!!

The largest live music festival in the world (SXSW) just wrapped up here in Austin over the weekend. If you didn't make it down, might want to circle on your calender for next year potentially!!

Does the joint venture SiriusXM radio still have a channel for new artists?? I know XM did several years ago as TDTexas was trying to get some new bands we caught promoted on their format.
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#14 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:49 AM

Excellent news Michael! You must be thrilled!

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:51 AM

WOW!~ you are gone for a day and you miss A LOT around here! ;)

So if I'm understanding you correctly we need to PLAY your songs from the link provided as many times as we can...downloading does not count right?

Already linking and will play them all day! :wavey:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users