• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

I just can't see diving this month...

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:35 AM

Well, hello all. Just thought I'd check in with you and share a little story that has come up. These last few months I have had trouble keeping my glasses clean. I even thought that I had worn off the coating and that's why theywere cloudy all of the time. My contacts seemed to have some halos and didn't seem quite right. So, I'm thinking "time for new glasses and an exam". For me, that is an expensive proposition. I have a buddy up in Vero Beach where DiverBabs lives that does the LASIK so I thought i'd go check it out since I have heard so much good about it and I may even get the "good buddy" discount. Well, he says that I am a perfect candidate for LASIK .....except for these cataracts in the way!! OMG! Cataracts?? Me?? .....moving forward... I am in the middle of having synthetic lens implants to replace my lenses. Pretty cool and amazing the way they do it. I stayed at Babs house while recovering from the anesthetic and for follow up the next day. Couldn't have a better dive buddy!!! She was out of town but made me snacks left in the fridge, etc. :cool1: My eye was sore (DUHH!) for a day or two but the results were incredible. I am looking forward to the 14th when I repeat the process on the second eye. I will be back in the water about May1st, can't wait. That's about it for now. On the brighter side, there must be some good "implant" joke material there somewhere :thankyou: Thanks for listening and thanks to all of my buddies for being there even if you didn't know it. Zach
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:47 AM

Zach that is amazing news! :thankyou:

I am very excited for you....only now I'm a bit worried too....

Now you are REALLY gonna know what I look like... :cool1:

and here all along I've been this soft, flowing...cloudy...vision......

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:58 AM

Zach that is amazing news! :thankyou:

I am very excited for you....only now I'm a bit worried too....

Now you are REALLY gonna know what I look like... :birthday:

and here all along I've been this soft, flowing...cloudy...vision......

:cool1: Cant Wait!! :birthday:

#4 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:00 AM

Ain't modern medicine a grand thing, Zach??? I am SO glad the first eye went without a hitch, and I hope you're all healed & ready to dive May 1 or May 2 when I hit the area! Follow the doc's orders!

And WW, remember..... Real beauty comes from within, and everybody on SD is GORGEOUS!!!!
Posted Image

#5 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:23 AM

Glad everything went ok I wish they would do that for "old " eyes but alas reading glasses have to suffice ..... your right there is some good jokes stuff there but I won't rise to the occasion :thankyou: good luck with the second one
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#6 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:37 AM

Glad the first one went well and you got spoiled by Babs. Nothing better to ease the pain then good friends, good wishes, and maybe a painkiller. :thankyou:

My dad loved telling this story - he was checking into Mayo and was going thru the interview process to confirm all of the information they have for a patient. A very young female was following a prepared script of questions and got to implants. Dad's response, "Just a penile implant". She looked him straight in the eye and asked "And where is that?"

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#7 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:09 AM

Good going Zach!! I am too chicken to even talk about Lasik. I never heard about implants. :thankyou:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#8 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:58 AM

Good to hear that you are on the mend from the surgery! I love the fact that I had Lasik done 3 years ago! :wakawaka: Now if I could just find my reading glasses!! :P
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#9 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

So Zach, Did you request the 44DD set. Hope your well and diving soon!!! Ss
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#10 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:16 PM

Hey Zach, glad everything is going good with the eye surgeries. I can honestly say that once you have been unable to see, then have any of the surgeries available that give you eyesight....it is a Miracle every day. I no longer run into the walls...I can see the clock when I wake up...wait; I no longer have to wear contacts and glasses!!!!!

#11 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:01 PM

Join the club of totally satisfied cataract patients. It is so great to not need a corrective mask to read my gauges etc - and to know I will NEVER need one.

I was back in the water within 60 days - do what they tell you about keeping clean etc - infection is the biggest risk.

I have no pride - I tell everyone "I'm just like the girls at the pole ballet - I have implants!!!"

Oh - yeah - a huge benefit for us lecherous types - you can read the ladies' Temperature Indicating Technology Systems from 50 yards.

Edited by Capn Jack, 03 April 2009 - 02:04 PM.

No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#12 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:16 PM

Join the club of totally satisfied cataract patients. It is so great to not need a corrective mask to read my gauges etc - and to know I will NEVER need one.

I was back in the water within 60 days - do what they tell you about keeping clean etc - infection is the biggest risk.

I have no pride - I tell everyone "I'm just like the girls at the pole ballet - I have implants!!!"

Oh - yeah - a huge benefit for us lecherous types - you can read the ladies' Temperature Indicating Technology Systems from 50 yards.

Tooo funny!

#13 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:43 PM

And all this time I thought only OLD people got cateracts!!! Just kidding. I'm glad things went well and it doesn't surprise me that Barb made sure you were well taken care of.

I hope too "see" you sometime soon!
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#14 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:48 PM

And all this time I thought only OLD people got cateracts!!!

1. Old
2. Feeble
3. Mostly Harmless

I don't know divezac personally, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#15 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:45 AM

And all this time I thought only OLD people got cateracts!!!

1. Old
2. Feeble
3. Mostly Harmless

I don't know divezac personally, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

:cheerleader: :P :wavey:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users