• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

02: CONFIRMED Our World Underwater Feb 19-21, 2010

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

Its official...SD will be at this show! More details on the Happy Hour we'll throw, where the wench will be sleeping and who will help with the show coming below!

40TH OUR WORLD-UNDERWATER SHOW
FEBRUARY 19-21, 2010
DONALD E. STEPHENS CONVENTION CENTER
ROSEMONT IL

SingleDivers.com has yet to participate at this show but we are looking very seriously at 2010 to be the year! Even if we do not have a booth we'll for sure walk the show!

Stay tuned for more details and SAVE THE DATE!!!

We'll be doing a local Happy Hour in conjunction with the show and MORE!

Who's Helping With The Booth (for free access if helping more than 3 hrs):

1. Kamala aka wreckwench
2. John aka BJMathPro
3. Greg aka greg@ihpil
4. Tim aka TimAlso

Who's Going to the Happy Hour (Location: Morton's SteakHouse a 2 block walk from the convention ctr at 6:30pm after the show closes at 6pm):

1. Kamala aka wreckwench
2. John aka BJMathPro
3. Greg aka greg@ihpil
4. Tim aka TimAlso

Edited by WreckWench, 04 February 2010 - 04:01 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 timalso

timalso

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Cert Level:instructor
  • Logged Dives:350

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:30 PM

We will be glad to have you. This years show was a great success, we heard many comments from exhibeters telling us what a great show they had. Let me know when the time comes if there is anything I can do to help you. Tim

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:34 AM

We will be glad to have you. This years show was a great success, we heard many comments from exhibeters telling us what a great show they had. Let me know when the time comes if there is anything I can do to help you. Tim

Tim besides a couch to crash... :lmao:

I will certainly need your help! I have sent a request to the show organizers about needing help and maybe for sure you can dust your notes off from before if they can be revived and we'll see what we can do. I'll be doing a total of 8 shows next year so funds and time will be tight...but I'm really trying to make it happen.

We need more members from YOUR part of the world! :sweetie:

I'll pm you as well! k

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 Seahorsewrangler

Seahorsewrangler

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW - NITROX
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:55 AM

I take it this ain't happening this year ? 2010?
AKA Cap'n Sam Roughknuckles The Bernese mountain dog

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:36 PM

Not sure Jeff...it is still the plan but I may have a family matter to attend to which I'm trying to find out if it coincides with this event or not. I should know in a week or so which will still give us plenty of time to get organized.

I will let everyone know as soon as I can! :teeth: kamala

formerly...

#6 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Enriched Air

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:46 PM

Not sure Jeff...it is still the plan but I may have a family matter to attend to which I'm trying to find out if it coincides with this event or not. I should know in a week or so which will still give us plenty of time to get organized.

I will let everyone know as soon as I can! :lmao: kamala

Hi Kamala,

Hope to see you here in Chicago, and make sure you bundle up for the weather
:bam:

John (I live 40 miles away from the convention center)

#7 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:41 AM

I will let everyone know as soon as I can! :lmao: kamala

Hi Kamala,

Hope to see you here in Chicago, and make sure you bundle up for the weather
:bam:

John (I live 40 miles away from the convention center)

Hey,John :) ,I joined in September.I'm not that far from you.I do hope a HH can happen here.trying to get one going.Trying to give SD a Push here in 2010.I didn't think that there were more than 2 members in the area.No one here"IL." ever speaks up on the board.I'm in WW ,anything I can do!Glad to see the thread.
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:23 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

It looks like I can do the show AND make the personal committment I have to make AND do the Texas Show the weekend prior. WHEW!!!

Now comes the 20 million dollar question...

Does anyone live close who is planning to do the show or will I need to add a hotel to the cost?

Being late into the game the booth is very high since the show has all the volunteers it needs and tickets are astronomical from SC to just about anywhere so.....

Tim is your couch still available???? :teeth:

And will we have anyone able to help out at the booth? kamala

formerly...

#9 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 09:51 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

It looks like I can do the show AND make the personal committment I have to make AND do the Texas Show the weekend prior. WHEW!!!

Now comes the 20 million dollar question...

Does anyone live close who is planning to do the show or will I need to add a hotel to the cost?

Being late into the game the booth is very high since the show has all the volunteers it needs and tickets are astronomical from SC to just about anywhere so.....

Tim is your couch still available???? ;)

And will we have anyone able to help out at the booth? kamala

Hi Kamala,

Glad you want to do the show :wakawaka: I am sure I can help you during the weekend. I am not good at presentation, but anything I can be of help, I will do it.

As I mentioned, I live in Naperville, 40 miles from the Convention Center, so not the most convenient. But let me know if nothing else works better.

John

#10 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:03 PM

Hey,John :wakawaka: ,I joined in September.I'm not that far from you.I do hope a HH can happen here.trying to get one going.Trying to give SD a Push here in 2010.I didn't think that there were more than 2 members in the area.No one here"IL." ever speaks up on the board.I'm in WW ,anything I can do!Glad to see the thread.

Hi Greg, ;)
Thanks for the greeting.
WW is Wheaton Warrenville, I guess? You are my northern neighbor.
If Kamala/SD is coming, I sure like a HH to meet everyone.

John

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

Ok I have talked to the organizers and SD IS COMING!!!

Now I need a couch to stay at Tim's place...since I know he will be at the show everyday!

And yes we need to put a Happy Hour together....its all happening fast...I will be going from SC to TX to DC to IL to TX to SC and then hope I still have a husband when I get home! :wakawaka: LOL!

formerly...

#12 timalso

timalso

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Cert Level:instructor
  • Logged Dives:350

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:30 AM

Kamala you are most welcome to stay with me. I know for sure that I'll be able to go to the show on Sunday, as far as the other two days go I think that I am going to be working at the Scuba shop. I may be at the convention Thursday and Friday to help the shop setting things up, maybe! I do live kinda far from the convention center. Depending on when you are flying in. We can work out hopefully on picking you up at the airport. Let's talk more about this as your plans come together. It's great that you are coming, can't wait to see you. ;) :dance: :taz: :cool1: :wakawaka:

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 06:56 AM

Hey guys I will be flying into ORD. (Forgot to ask if another airport was closer.) :wakawaka:

My flight details for this part of the trip are as follows:

Depart: AA3991 BWI Baltimore Feb 19, 2010 11:30 AM

Arrive: ORD Chicago Feb 19, 2010 12:45 PM

Depart: AA303 ORD Chicago Feb 22, 2010 09:05 AM

Arrive: DFW Feb 22, 2010 11:35 AM

I have only flown thru Chicago so never really spent any time there. The show is costing a lot of money with the booth and the ticket to get there so if I can save on taxi/rental car and hotel expenses that would help tremendously!

If we can work out an airport pickup and dropoff (waiting time does not matter as I live in airports anyway) that would be great. (Seriously I can be dropped off super early on Monday if needed and I can be picked up late on Friday if needed. Just need to have about 1.5 hrs to set up the booth before the show opens.) If I can manage to stay with someone(s) and get to the show before it starts each day that would be perfect. I can pack light so I can stay different places if needed. (Of course I travel with our tradeshow stuff so that is not light but I only need 3 sets of clothes and coat and I'm covered!)

I am excited to join you all, see my good friends from SD locally and FINALLY do this part of the country! :coo1:

formerly...

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:06 AM

Kamala you are most welcome to stay with me. I know for sure that I'll be able to go to the show on Sunday, as far as the other two days go I think that I am going to be working at the Scuba shop. I may be at the convention Thursday and Friday to help the shop setting things up, maybe! I do live kinda far from the convention center. Depending on when you are flying in. We can work out hopefully on picking you up at the airport. Let's talk more about this as your plans come together. It's great that you are coming, can't wait to see you. ;) :dance: :taz: :cool1: :wakawaka:

Thank you! I just posted my airline ticket as it was part of a mutli-leg journey that I needed to get booked to make this all fly. I'll be fully set up with the show organizers (it sure is nice to have them know our very own TimAlso :taz:) by Monday so all I have to work out is transport, accommodations and how I will get to the show each day. We also need to find some volunteers for the booth which we have a good start so far and we need to set up a Happy Hour for which we also have a good start! :dance:

formerly...

#15 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:12 PM

Hey guys I will be flying into ORD. (Forgot to ask if another airport was closer.) :(

My flight details for this part of the trip are as follows:

Depart: AA3991 BWI Baltimore Feb 19, 2010 11:30 AM

Arrive: ORD Chicago Feb 19, 2010 12:45 PM

Depart: AA303 ORD Chicago Feb 22, 2010 09:05 AM

Arrive: DFW Feb 22, 2010 11:35 AM

I have only flown thru Chicago so never really spent any time there. The show is costing a lot of money with the booth and the ticket to get there so if I can save on taxi/rental car and hotel expenses that would help tremendously!

If we can work out an airport pickup and dropoff (waiting time does not matter as I live in airports anyway) that would be great. (Seriously I can be dropped off super early on Monday if needed and I can be picked up late on Friday if needed. Just need to have about 1.5 hrs to set up the booth before the show opens.) If I can manage to stay with someone(s) and get to the show before it starts each day that would be perfect. I can pack light so I can stay different places if needed. (Of course I travel with our tradeshow stuff so that is not light but I only need 3 sets of clothes and coat and I'm covered!)

I am excited to join you all, see my good friends from SD locally and FINALLY do this part of the country! :coo1:

Hi Kamala: some answers to your question.

1) "Forgot to ask if another airport was closer". You can't find anything that is closer :lmao: . The convention center is right next to the airport exit. From the terminal to the convention center is about 2 miles, so even you have to take a taxi, it shouldn't be too expensive.

2) "I can be picked up late on Friday if needed". Your flight into Chicago is around 1 pm. Once you are landed, you probably want to go directly to the convention center to set up, since the exhibition starts at 5 pm Friday. (OK, you may want to eat lunch first. :diver: )

3) I did not see "singledivers" on the exhibitor list. Which booth did you get?
Links below:
http://www.diyfloorp...rs.aspx?FPID=20

http://www.diyfloorplan.com/OW-U2010/

4) I will be able to help with the booth or anything else for Saturday and Sunday (have to leave at 3 pm though). I maybe able to take Friday PM off, so I may help a few hours on Friday too. I will send my contact info to your email address in a few minute.

Once again, looking forward to the show and the HH. (We need a good HH since we have been suffering the winter blue for the last 2 months).

:)
John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users