• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

South Carolina Happy Hour June 5th 6pm until ?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:00 AM

You may put this Peep down for the SC HH. The location is sufficiently proximate to Tallulah Gorge that I should feel right at home with the aging Deliverance extras found in the area. :D :cool1:

That is GREAT NEWS!!! Are you down for HH and Dive Day or just one? ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:17 AM

You may put this Peep down for the SC HH. The location is sufficiently proximate to Tallulah Gorge that I should feel right at home with the aging Deliverance extras found in the area. :D :D

That is GREAT NEWS!!! Are you down for HH and Dive Day or just one? :tears:

WW,

I doubt I'll be willing to rise early enough to make the dive, but do hope to arrive an hour or so before the HH kickoff so there will be time to properly introduce myself to you, the hubby and whomever else is there by then. :cool1:

See Ya Soon! ;) (Singapore Slingin'),

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:26 AM

Now Brad the DIVE is the next day...and not that early either as ALL of us will be um...recovering from the HH! ;)

Will you need a place to crash? We may have an extra bed/couch at the homestead? :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#19 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:14 AM

Now Brad the DIVE is the next day...and not that early either as ALL of us will be um...recovering from the HH! :tears:
Will you need a place to crash? We may have an extra bed/couch at the homestead?
;)

Arrrghh!! :cool1: My fault or sticking my arm within reach, now the twisting begins...

Please allow me at least the appearance of agonzing over the decision before caving in like a wet sand castle. :D All I have is a 5mm full, what temp is the lake running these days?

I'll be on the road the rest of the day so please don't misconstrue if my response is tomorrow.

Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:55 AM

No worries...5mm should be ok especially if we do the 'Hot Hole' which is ALWAYS my choice! LOL! But I'll let the locals give you better water temps!

Keep us aprised....I'm off on our next trip myself so we are in the 'same boat'! :cool1:

formerly...

#21 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:34 AM

No worries...5mm should be ok especially if we do the 'Hot Hole' which is ALWAYS my choice! LOL! But I'll let the locals give you better water temps!
Keep us apprised....I'm off on our next trip myself so we are in the 'same boat'!
:wakawaka:

Okay, barring some hideous hangnail calamity I'm in for the dive too. :dance: Enjoy your Fijian frolic! Oh yeah, and anything LLDN says about me should be considered suspect until I am able to confirm or refute it. :P (Actually she's a mensch, but don't tell her, it'll go straight to her head.)

#22 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

Okay, barring some hideous hangnail calamity I'm in for the dive too. :cool2: Enjoy your Fijian frolic! Oh yeah, and anything LLDN says about me should be considered suspect until I am able to confirm or refute it. :P (Actually she's a mensch, but don't tell her, it'll go straight to her head.)

Way to go, Brad... we've got you down for HH AND dive!! :thankyou: Don't forget to let WW know if you need a place to crash!

#23 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

Always a great idea when SingleDivers.com folks get together... Operation Care & Share! Let's also plan to include this in our National Happy Hour festivities!!

#24 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:34 PM

Okay, barring some hideous hangnail calamity I'm in for the dive too. :cool2: Enjoy your Fijian frolic! *Snip-o-matic*

Way to go, Brad... we've got you down for HH AND dive!! :thankyou: Don't forget to let WW know if you need a place to crash!

Darling CF, thank you for the accommodations reminder. I would like to reserve a luxury couch or one the night of 05 June, ocean view and valet optional please. :P

#25 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

Always a great idea when SingleDivers.com folks get together... Operation Care & Share! Let's also plan to include this in our National Happy Hour festivities!!

Right you are, cat fish!

It's time to get another couple large shipments out to our members and friends in Iraq and Afghanistan. Let's not let them fall by the wayside just because it's summer-time now.

Here's a quick list of needed items:

- Jerky (lots of it!)
- Hard candies (preferably Jolly Ranchers)
- Sports drink mixes (Gatorade, etc, with electrolytes)
- Baby wipes (lots of the travel size packs, rather than one big pouch...they won't dry out that way)
- Magazines, books, audio books, movies on DVD (they can be pre-owned...they just have to work and be appealing to the troops!)
- Q-Tips (again, lots of smaller packs, rather than one or two big ones)
- ZipLoc bags (gallon size, but not the kind with the "easy slide" slider thing because they're not air/water tight)
- Trail Mix bars (lots of 'em!)
- New SOCCER BALLS (deflated, so that we can ship them in bigger quantities - they go over extremely well with the troops & the local kids!)
- Frisbees
- Decks of cards

You can find the full list of needed items here.

I also am looking for donations of money. I need to purchase supplies for making several hundred neck coolers (the kind with the water-absorbing polymer in them) because the hot weather is coming on strong and the troops need all the help they can get to stay cool. I'll be purchasing large quantities of desert-tan cotton cloth, and the polymer crystals, and sewing these little wonders over the next several weeks. If anyone would like to help with making them and is handy with a sewing machine, I'll be glad to have assistance.

All donated items will be shipped to our contacts in Iraq and Afghanistan for distribution to the peeps that can use 'em. All donated funds are deposited in the Care & Share bank account which SingleDivers maintains, for the payment of the shipping costs and for purchasing requested items.

Remember, y'all, this is not about politics. This is supporting the men and women of our military -- the people who guarantee our freedom. Let's show them our gratitude!

Thank you

Victoria

Edited by Victoria, 26 May 2009 - 12:56 PM.

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#26 melissabsn

melissabsn

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:OPen Water
  • Logged Dives:8

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

Put Melissa and Danny down. We will be there! :thankyou:

#27 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:29 PM

Put Melissa and Danny down. We will be there! :cool1:

Got your names on the list! :thankyou: Is that for both HH and dive day? Let us know and we'll update the post. :thankyou:
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#28 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:56 PM

Dear Deb,

At the risk of reviving my mentally maladroit "cheap seats" fiasco, I write to beg a boon regarding my schedule for the 05 June SC HH and 06 June Lake Woebegone.. er... Jocassee dive. :birthday:

I actually plan to arrive at the new dive shop in Salem SC around 3-4PM which allows me time to pay homage to WW and OTWdiver, browse the new facility and discuss SD related topics. I believe it is Rumblebee that has stated his intentions to arrive around 7PM on 05 June, not me. I would appreciate an update in the guest list details at the top of this thread. :thankyou:

I have also posted a request to crash on Kamala's couch, she extended the invitation earlier in this thread but I have no confirmation yet. I realize she is sort of incommunicado halfway round the globe, so I can hang until her return. :clapping:

P.S. *a-HEM!*Hey girl, watch that speargun!!! (Just practicing for 13 June...) :birthday: :birthday:

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:17 AM

Okay, barring some hideous hangnail calamity I'm in for the dive too. :birthday: Enjoy your Fijian frolic! *Snip-o-matic*

Darling CF, thank you for the accommodations reminder. I would like to reserve a luxury couch or one the night of 05 June, ocean view and valet optional please. :birthday:

Roger that! It ain't fancy but it will serve the purpose! Plus I cook up some mean breakfast! LOL!

Glad you can join us! It will be great!

p.s. I have made the command decision that the dive will be at the HOT HOLE appropriately named cuz it is WARM by comparison to the normal dive spots. I will not be diving those until much later this summer when they have a chance to warm up. Everyone else is however welcome to dive them as often as they please!

However this one...will be the HOT HOLE or bust. I believe the Hot Hole is low to mid 70's which is STILL chilly but bearable. I'll get OTWDiver to chime in and help us out! ww

formerly...

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:24 AM

Right you are, cat fish!

It's time to get another couple large shipments out to our members and friends in Iraq and Afghanistan. Let's not let them fall by the wayside just because it's summer-time now.

Here's a quick list of needed items:

- Jerky (lots of it!)
- Hard candies (preferably Jolly Ranchers)
- Sports drink mixes (Gatorade, etc, with electrolytes)
- Baby wipes (lots of the travel size packs, rather than one big pouch...they won't dry out that way)
- Magazines, books, audio books, movies on DVD (they can be pre-owned...they just have to work and be appealing to the troops!)
- Q-Tips (again, lots of smaller packs, rather than one or two big ones)
- ZipLoc bags (gallon size, but not the kind with the "easy slide" slider thing because they're not air/water tight)
- Trail Mix bars (lots of 'em!)
- New SOCCER BALLS (deflated, so that we can ship them in bigger quantities - they go over extremely well with the troops & the local kids!)
- Frisbees
- Decks of cards

You can find the full list of needed items here.

I also am looking for donations of money. I need to purchase supplies for making several hundred neck coolers (the kind with the water-absorbing polymer in them) because the hot weather is coming on strong and the troops need all the help they can get to stay cool. I'll be purchasing large quantities of desert-tan cotton cloth, and the polymer crystals, and sewing these little wonders over the next several weeks. If anyone would like to help with making them and is handy with a sewing machine, I'll be glad to have assistance.

All donated items will be shipped to our contacts in Iraq and Afghanistan for distribution to the peeps that can use 'em. All donated funds are deposited in the Care & Share bank account which SingleDivers maintains, for the payment of the shipping costs and for purchasing requested items.

Remember, y'all, this is not about politics. This is supporting the men and women of our military -- the people who guarantee our freedom. Let's show them our gratitude!

Thank you

Victoria

Thank you Victoria...Bill and I will be the official Operation Care and Share coordinators for the SC area! And hopefully everyone will bring some stuff to put in the pkgs for our guys and gals overseas! :thankyou:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users