• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION ONLY: NC Wreck & SharkDiving Again July 2-6, 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#121 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 March 2010 - 01:46 PM

I plan on driving over. I will be bringing my steel 120's. I also have a pair of steel 100's if somebody needs more air. They are only air though.

Gary

Thank you! This is a nitrox venue and getting air fills will be difficult but possible. The boat had LOTS of tanks so we should be ok there! And he gives GOOD fills! :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#122 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 03 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

I don't have quite enough days to drive over to NC between my work conference this summer and this dive trip. So...IF I manage to make this trip (hoping, hoping, hoping...) I will be flying in.

#123 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:14 AM

THIS TRIP IS NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING HERE!!!

If this link does not work for you then you must upgrade to our premier membership level to see it for the next 7 days. After that it will be open to the general membership/public if any seats are still available. We expect this trip to completely fill out in the next 7 days.

To upgrade:

1. Login
2. Click on MY CONTROLS
3. Click on PAID SUBSCRIPTIONS under Options on the left
4. Choose Premier Member
5. Choose payment option. Choose paypal for instant membership. Choose POST to use our payment link in my signature. The latter will take 24 hrs for your account to be active.

Thank you and see you in NC!!! kamala

HERE IS A PREVIEW OF THE PRICING FOR THE TRIP:

4 nights/3 days Diving/6 boat dives/lunch & breakfast/snacks and drinks/BBQ/xfers RDU/AB is the STANDARD PACKAGE that we will guarantee double occupancy. We will only be able to provide d/o for 3/3 pkg if even numbers of same gender members book the 'drive in' pkg. or you are willing to chg rooms to avoid extra costs.
$850 fly in diver d/o* $750 drive in divers d/o (has 1 less night of hotel, no air, no xfers from RDU to MHC, etc)*

*Due to the volatile nature of fuel prices, a fuel surcharge may be added upon 30 days' notice.

Transfers & Meeting Times:

July 2nd: (All fly in divers need to arrive in RDU Raliegh airport by 3pm July 2nd for group van pickup. Divers from the local drive in area need to arrive anytime on July 2nd before 10pm. Dinner in Atlantic Beach/Morehead City area will be approx 7pm. Fly in's will Depart Tuesday July 6th: For those flying we will leave from Atlantic Beach at 10:30am to arrive RDU approx 2:30 pm in time for lunch along the way & flights departing 5pm or later from RDU.[/b]
Note: Departures earlier than 5pm must be approved by SD.com!

Optional Add-on's:

Single Room Upgrade: $65 per night or $260 add'l for 4 nites (limited single rooms available please ask about availability)
Nitrox Fills: Nitrox Fills for drive in divers with their own tanks 30% mix - 100's $14; 80's $12
Nitrox Rental Upgrades: Nitrox Rentals are steel or alum (mix is 30%) 100's $19; 80's $16
Air Fills: Air fills are not available from the local dive shop. You can get them but it will entail driving to the next town to get them.
Additional Sightseeing & Deep Sea Fishing* excursions: Historic Beaufort, Atlantic Beach and Morehead City offer a host of shopping and fun activities on 'the boardwalk'. We can also visit Fort Macon which is the only fort to be commissioned twice in US History...first in the Civil War and then in WWII. (*Can be accommodated if we lose a day of diving OR you plan to stay a day later or arrive a day early.)

Included in the 3 dive day/4 night NC pkg: Posted Image
SD's unique special touches noted in blue - we are unlike the others!
  • Over sixteen years of experienced hosting by the "Wreck Wench" with "Diver Down"
  • 3 days 2 Tank Boat Dives each Day
  • Four (4) nights double occupancy lodging at the Fisherman's Inn Hotel (100 ft from the boat) (DRIVE IN PKG INCLUDES 3 NITES HOTEL)
  • R/T Transfers from Raleigh Airport to Atlantic Beach and back (if needed)
  • Ask about Specialty Certifications you can take before or during your trip such as Nitrox, Sidemount, Boat, Deep, Computer, Tech classes, etc.
  • SD's Famous "Meet & Greet" Happy Hour and Introduction Party!
  • Fabulous Fresh Catch, Steak & Multi-Entree Dockside Cookout Dinner and Drinks (both alcoholic and non) on Friday or Saturday Night ONLY of each trip.
  • Dinner reservations made for all divers each night at one of the great local establishments!
  • Trip price includes Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, water, soda & juice served on the boat daily!
  • Limited lead available, and you will need to bring your own weight belt.
  • Grey SD T-Shirt typically with funny saying on the back commemorating the trip!
Boat limited to ONLY 18 divers plus crew. (Hurry Now to secure your spot!)

NOT Included:

Airfare to RDU and back. (Price varies from $250 to $350 so get your ticket soon!)
Dinner for 3 of 4 nights
Dive tips...typically $25-$30 per day
Fills or rentals see pricing above NOTE: Fills only for divers bringing their own tanks otherwise rental upgrade. Pkg includes air 80's
Other incidentals
Due to the volatile nature of fuel prices, a fuel surcharge may be added upon 30 days' notice.
SD's Rent-A-Buddy: Have your own private DM as your dive buddy and coach. Want to polish your skills? Reinforce what you just learned in your certification dives? Improve your air consumption? Then hire a dive coach/private guide for your trip for $75 per day or $150 for the trip.
Instruction/Classes: will be available on this trip. Please let us know what you are interested in?
Extra Day(s) - $65 for d/o (if available) includes hotel or $125 for s/o includes hotel.
DIVE Insurance: - is MANDATORY! DIVE insurance is VERY inexpensive. Even if you have insurance that you think covers DIVING ACCIDENTS and air lifts…it is CHEAP to get a supplemental policy to ensure you are cared for. (see the end of this post for 2 great insurance links)
TRIP Insurance: - It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. You will need to advise if you have trip insurance, will get it or will not get it for this trip to register. (see the end of this post for 2 great insurance links)

*Due to a very short diving season May to Oct; variable weather; and very few dive operators; the diving alone in NC is $125-$130 per day making it the most expensive per day diving destination...but as you'll see...WELL worth the price to dive on "History" I assure you!

Hotel Info: Fisherman's Inn a classic NC beach town motel perfectly suited for divers. Located at 200 Atlantic Beach Cswy; Atlantic Beach, NC 28512 (252) 726-2273 Directions for driving here.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users