• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-05: CONFIRMED: NorthWest Dive Show May 21-23, 2010 Tacoma Conv Ctr

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:18 AM

Thank you, WW and Sassi! I am excited about meeting the PNW folks I haven't yet met, and getting reacquainted with others I was lucky enough to meet a couple of years ago.

Sassi... I will call you and do a brain dump. We'll have you there virtually!!

#32 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:13 AM

cat-fish Its going to be good to work with you at the show. Im going to be the shows official photographer, but if you need something (just look for the flash) just let me know.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#33 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:38 AM

Im going to be getting in about 320 that friday is there anyone that could pick me up from the airport?

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#34 Sassi

Sassi

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

If I can't be there in person - maybe I can call during the HH and be there in spirit :luvsign:

I will definitely miss being there.

Carol

#35 debscuba

debscuba

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:85

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:01 PM

:thankyou: I live in Olympia WA and would like to help out at the show..
This site tends to connect to my old email and I have changed my email twice

Look forward to seeing you there Debbie

Edited by uwfan, 09 May 2010 - 12:20 PM.
Removed email per TOS, sent to TC for Show

#36 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:04 PM

Hi Debbie!

You can edit your Profile with your new email address, so that you get future notices from us. We cannot change that info for you, as we do not have access to your personal profile.

It will be great to have your help at the show! :) Can you let us know when you'd be able to help? cat fish will be the organizer for the helpers this year, and she'll need to know when you can help.
Posted Image

#37 OregonDiverDan

OregonDiverDan

Getting started

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:105

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:47 AM

Sorry I have been busy and haven't checked the site lately.

It looks like my shop does not need my DMness that weekend so I have flexibility on my schedule. When is the Happy Hour? When is the biggest need for booth coverage?

I should be able to solidify my schedule over the next few days so let me know. Depending on that schedule I may be able to pick up Scubatooth at the airport.

I look forward to meeting some fellow divers and talking shop.

#38 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:24 AM

Hi OregonDiverDan! About that schedule flexibility of yours..... :) HOORAY! We're looking forward to working with you, and to talking up diving.

Now, onto important matters: Happy Hour!! You are correct, so far the time and location is a mystery. Time to clear that up!! I checked last year's event details: Last year it began at 5:30pm on SATURDAY nite at the Varsity Grill, 1114 Broadway (just a short distance from the Convention Center).

Last year's attendees.... How about it? Do you recommend this place again this year?? (Are we allowed back this year?? :tears: )
If this is the right date/time/place, we'll lock it down, and I'll post it at the top of this thread where the Happy Hour stuff goes.

Thank you in advance for thinking of Dan and the airport!

#39 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:49 AM

Sylvia, I coordinated that HH last year, and I was able to get a designated spot with a combination of tables & sofas set aside for us, no charge, just by talking to the hostess-in-charge (bribed her into waiving the reservation charge by telling her how many people would show up and drink! LOL). I thought it went well, and was comfortable. Easy to hold conversations. Food was good, the booze was better! :tears: Easy for all to walk to from the convention center....and better yet, walk back to the hotel afterwards! :)

Wish I could come this year, but it's too close to the Red Sea trip. Have fun, everybody!
Posted Image

#40 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:24 AM

Thanks, Ms LandLocked! How about we have you and Sassi there virtually! (Drinks are cheaper). :birthday: I've updated the post at the top of this thread with Happy Hour info. So we can't miss it!!

Worker Bees: I'm sending you emails with my cell phone number

See you soon! ! cat fish

#41 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:20 AM

Rats! John aka j274 won't be able to join us next weekend, as he had to go on a business trip to Sydney, Australia. Let's hope he can throw in some diving while he's over there!
John -- We look forward to meeting up with you on day soon at another event.

Other PNW Volunteers-- Please let me know your expected weekend schedules, and we'll see if we can plug you into some spots! Thank you in advance!! :cool1:

#42 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:37 PM

Hey Dan great news on not being needed...by your diveshop that is! Cuz we CERTAINLY NEED YOU! :cool1:

Here is the deal...SD goes back many shows with Rick Stratton the organizer and we even are the first booth as you walk into the door! :teeth:

In exchange we provide help on Thursday FRIDAY for set up which we now may need some extra help with and of course the rest of the show both for the show organizer AND the SD booth!

Several of our show regulars will either not be able to join us this year or will be joining late so ALL the help we can muster from our new volunteers is APPRECIATED MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE!!!

As for Happy Hour...the Varsity was a great place to have it last year as was the place right next door that we discovered the last day. I'm game for either one....they will all be crowded with show participants and perhaps the Varsity less so.

Of course if any of our locals has a suggestion we always defer to them...they are the best!

I can't wait to meet you all and can not thank you all enough in advance for the help! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#43 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:39 PM

Sorry I have been busy and haven't checked the site lately.

It looks like my shop does not need my DMness that weekend so I have flexibility on my schedule. When is the Happy Hour? When is the biggest need for booth coverage?

I should be able to solidify my schedule over the next few days so let me know. Depending on that schedule I may be able to pick up Scubatooth at the airport.

I look forward to meeting some fellow divers and talking shop.

Getting Dan would be great!!! And of course any extra help you can supply eternally appreciated. We are a dive club first and foremost and this is where we shine...our members helping other members! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#44 OregonDiverDan

OregonDiverDan

Getting started

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:105

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:30 AM

WW-

Well, since I hadn't heard anything I was planning on coming to the HH on Saturday and working the show on Sunday. But now it sounds like that you are looking for people on Thursday. I would like to know when I am needed so I can plan this weekend. It may be best to send an e-mail to the address in my profile and I will respond with my cell number.

Dan

#45 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:39 PM

WW-

Well, since I hadn't heard anything I was planning on coming to the HH on Saturday and working the show on Sunday. But now it sounds like that you are looking for people on Thursday. I would like to know when I am needed so I can plan this weekend. It may be best to send an e-mail to the address in my profile and I will respond with my cell number.

Dan

Dan Thursday really equals FRIDAY if you can help. (Typo on my part!) Since we are light for the show set up support we normally supply we'll get Dan to take a taxi or ask another local member to get him and have you help at the show on Friday if you can swing it! I'll buy ya drinks! :taz:

But seriously...Sylvia will be chatting and/or emailing you soon to see what you can realistically do to help! :cool1: :teeth: ;)

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users