• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Lake Travis

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Morish Idol

Morish Idol

Getting started

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Cert Level:in the process of completing my OW class.

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:07 PM

Hi All
well it looks like i will finally be finishing my OW class this weekend. and then doing AOW the following week. can`t wait till this is done.
now i am going to be in the Austin area the weekend of memorial day weekend. i was thinking about maybe doing a day of diving at Lake Travis. i am leaning towards sat or sun. i was wondering if anyone was interested in diving Lake Travis with a newbie diver. lol. if. i was thinking of maybe even making a day of it with a cook out and all. i will be there to visit with my kids so i will probably bring them along with me. so if anyone in the area is interested in doing this that weekend let me know. thanks all ;)

#2 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:48 PM

Hey Morish Idol! I'm livin' on the north side of Austin now, and would be happy to dive with you. Congratulations on finally getting those cert dives done!!

Memorial weekend would be great for me. I may have some celebrating to do, and divin' at Travis is a good way to do so, I'm thinkin'!! Maybe we can scrounge up some more Austin-area divers, and make a party of it!

Victoria

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#3 Morish Idol

Morish Idol

Getting started

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:16 PM

Hey Morish Idol! I'm livin' on the north side of Austin now, and would be happy to dive with you. Congratulations on finally getting those cert dives done!!

Memorial weekend would be great for me. I may have some celebrating to do, and divin' at Travis is a good way to do so, I'm thinkin'!! Maybe we can scrounge up some more Austin-area divers, and make a party of it!

Victoria

Hi Victoria
that sounds great. i would love the chance to dive with you. i am not sure of what day it will be but am leaning towards sunday. but either sat or sun is fine with me. i should be down in the Austin area friday night around 6-8pm. i believe i will be about an hour away from Lake Travis. if you want to give me a shout at my reg email . hopefully this wont get edited out. otherwise i don`t know how to communicate with you other then here.
i don`t know if there is a specific time that is good to dive there or not but it shouldn`t be hard to find out from some of the locals there. so give me a shout and we can plan this out. take care and thanks again

[edited to remove personal e-mail]

Edited by diverdeb, 16 May 2009 - 11:36 AM.

#4 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:13 PM

Got it. I'll email you in the next week or so, and we'll iron it out. I'm looking forward to this!

Victoria

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#5 Morish Idol

Morish Idol

Getting started

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:18 PM

Ok Gang
still looking for more people to join Victoria and myself diving at Lake Travis on Memorial Day Weekend. would love to get someone who is used to diving that lake if possible. and anyone who is interested would be welcome. would like to get more people if possible to dive. let me know if you are interested.

#6 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:57 PM

Definitely!!! I've only dived Travis twice (in one day), at Windy Point. I too would be rather happy to have a couple of old hands along!

#7 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

Ok Gang
still looking for more people to join Victoria and myself diving at Lake Travis on Memorial Day Weekend. would love to get someone who is used to diving that lake if possible. and anyone who is interested would be welcome. would like to get more people if possible to dive. let me know if you are interested.

Doubt i can make it, but Sara_the_Brown may be interested.

For my DM training, I used the Mansfield Dam site for my mapping exercise. If you decide to dive there, rather than Windy Point, you may find my map useful.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mansfield_Dam.jpg

No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#8 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:36 PM

Lake Travis...I think I dove it for my AOW at Windy Point...but that was 13 years ago... I'm no help!

#9 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:40 PM

Ok Gang

Doubt i can make it, but Sara_the_Brown may be interested.

For my DM training, I used the Mansfield Dam site for my mapping exercise. If you decide to dive there, rather than Windy Point, you may find my map useful.

Thanks Mark! You are the best!

#10 Morish Idol

Morish Idol

Getting started

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:55 PM

OK Guys and Gals
still looking for others to join with Victoria and myself to dive at Lake Travis during Memorial Day Weekend. anyone is welcome and invited to join us. i have never even been to that lake and i`m not if Victoria has either. I know Cap n Jack has given Victoria a map of where he dives but would like some locals to join us also.
UWFAN come and join us.. it is only a few miles for ya to come on down and join us. lol. whats an hour or 20 hr drive to go diving. :welcome:
just trying to keep this alive and see who might be willing to go. i believe we will be diving on sunday. but need to figure that all out with Victoria also. my daughter`s bday is saturday so probably wont do that day as we are having a party for her. where does the time go.
but any who are interested get in touch with me or Victoria. she is supposed to contact me next week to set this all up but i know i would love to have others with us if possible but welcome the chance to dive with just Victoria if that is what works out. so give either one of us a shout if interested. thanks. jim

#11 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 07 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

I know Cap n Jack has given Victoria a map of where he dives but would like some locals to join us also.

The map I sent is of Lake Travis, just the scuba site by the dam, vs Windy Point. For more information, I've also attached a word document, although I think the prices are dated and at least one of the scuba shops has folded. (Austin Aqua Sports)

Sorry for any confusion.

Attached Files

No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#12 Morish Idol

Morish Idol

Getting started

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:33 AM

ok just putting this back out there for anyone who is interested. diving Lake Travis on memorial day weekend. probably will be on sunday due to bday party for my daughter. anyone who is interested get in contact with either Victoria or myself.

#13 Morish Idol

Morish Idol

Getting started

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:22 AM

Hi Gang
well have about a week to go on this dive for those who would be interested. anyone is welcome to join with Victoria and myself to dive at Lake Travis. we still have to work out the details but i believe it will be on sunday that we are going to dive. will let everyone know what time and place when i get the details worked out with Victoria.
Victoria i`m still waiting on that email. lol. i know you have been in Florida the past few days or week maybe. give me a shout on my email.
anyone who would like to contact me my email is in the beginning of the thread. just put diving or lake travis as a subject heading. thanks gang

#14 Morish Idol

Morish Idol

Getting started

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

ok all
i am still waiting to hear from Victoria for the diving of Lake Travis this weekend. i believe i will be there around 10-11 am. i am hoping to do at least 2 dives if possible, maybe 3 depending. anyways from what i understand Windy Point is the place to dive at. so anyone who wants to meet either just me or Victoria and myself there is welcome. i plan to dive even if it is just myself, hoping someone will be willing to dive with me there if no one shows. i will be driving either a white dodge minivan or a burgundy/red chevy LSS car. other then that i don`t know how to describe what i will be wearing. i am around 6'2" tall with salt/pepper hair, blue eyes, mustache, goatee. just give a holler out for Jim from Okie town if nothing else works.
would love to see others from this site out there if possible. i know it is the long weekend but would be nice to meet others from here. with over 150 views thought at least one or two more people would be interested in diving this weekend. hope to see some of you all there. jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users