• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

I took the SD Flax Challenge...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:49 AM

Many of you have taken the flaxseed challenge and have had tremendous results! If you are part of the SD.com Flax Family...please let us know. If you want to become part of the family...also let us know. SD.com offers a very high quality flaxseed grown in North Dakota that is twice as clean and pure as any other flax on the market. It is extra shiny with essential omega 3 oils and a tad more expensive than the grocery store brands but you are assured the freshest quality...farmer direct...and home grown flax seed in the market. I personally use it and don't mind paying approximately $3 a month more to know I have the best quality product I can find.

So's who has taken the SD.com Flax Challenge or who would like too?

ORDERS:

1. Tim aka parr-t ordered a case of flax and lignans - PAID 6-14-09

Who's interested in hearing more.......

1. diverdeb
2. bowjunkie
3. Starfish Sandy
4. Victoria

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:00 AM

Flax seed...my favorite breakfast item! Thanks for getting me on my way to a healthier me.... more energy and hey, who knew I'd lose some weight without really trying!

#3 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:48 AM

I took the challenge, too! Delicious breakfast smoothies with my flaxseed at least 6 days a week, when I'm at home. YUM!!!!
Posted Image

#4 Wakemaker

Wakemaker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver (is that really

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:15 AM

...the SD.com Flax Family...please let us know. If you want to become part of the family...also let us know... It is extra shiny with essential omega 3 oils and a tad...

Hi WW and UnFan + DANG + go and LLDN!

Where is the page for "SD.com Flax Challenge" at? I chase flax seed all over the place. Why, this morning I made blueberry muffins and added milled flax AND some whole flax seed. Everyone's eat'n 'em up! I could double the amount of blueberries because I added so much flax.

Mmmm. Nutty.

Edited by Wakemaker, 17 June 2009 - 09:16 AM.

SDHH in Seattle this weekend? Hum? What did you say? I just need to know. Tell me it is so!

#5 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:28 AM

Explain this flax seed challenge for me. :thankyou: Why, what are the benefits, etc.?
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#6 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:59 AM

Uh oh, Deb. You've asked for it! :thankyou: I told WW once that she needs to record her flaxseed speech so she can send the tape (or transcript) to curious peeps, so when they have a few hours they can listen to it. The benefits do go on and on and on, and WW knows each and every one of 'em and can expound at length! :wub:

I cannot do the subject justice. All I can remember is that it's a miracle food, can enhance my natural immune system, keeps the toxins flushed out, reduces appetite, and one other thing, what was it......oh yeah! Because Wenchie says it's good for me, and she's the expert! :cool1:
Posted Image

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:53 PM

If anyone is interested I'll start a private thread for those who want to take the challenge. Can't do it until after Bonaire but you can sign up here. Its actually one phase of 3-5 challenges...and no not all flax is created equal! You have to participate in the challenge to know the difference!

In fact in some cases flax can be harmful if you don't use the right stuff prepared the right way OUCH! :wakawaka:

So let us know if you are interested in this challenge...

I'll contact you with full details after Bonaire so you can make a final decision. We'll do it privately so you can also pm me saying you are interested as well.

The benefits will be all that Landlocked Dive Nut has said and MORE!!! Wanna lose weight? Wanna a strong anti-cancer regime? Wanna have more energy than ever before??? Well this phase helps get you there along with several other secret steps....

Let us know...lets all get healthy together! :respect:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#8 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:33 PM

Payment Update:

1. Tim aka parr-t ww got your $290 pymt for your 6 month supply of flaxseed and lignans! :wakawaka:

#9 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

I'm with you!!! Not only flax seed, but flax oil, too!!!

Flax seed in my morning oatmeal and salads
Flax oil as a butter substitute in baked potato, and smoothies

When I want/need a double dose, I go with a bowl of grits with both seed and oil

Bill

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#10 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:35 AM

Explain this flax seed challenge for me. :lmao: Why, what are the benefits, etc.?

I'm interested as well :teeth:
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#11 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:13 AM

Count me in please.
Known puker

#12 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:03 PM

LLDN ain't kiddin'!!! WW needs to video her presentation on flax seed! Kamala regaled Tammy and me on the wonders of flax seed last February, and I'm sold! Sign me up!

I do have a serious question though, about flax seeds: Per tablespoon, what is the carb count (net sugars, as opposed to the fiber side of the equation)? I'm having great success with Atkins, and I don't want to blow that with a ton of carbs...no matter how good they are for me!

Actually, Kamala, I've got the same question regarding the extracts, as well....not to pull the thread off topic, but while I'm bringin' up carbs and flax...

Victoria

Edited by Victoria, 18 June 2009 - 07:04 PM.

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#13 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:24 PM

V, I'll put you on the list so WW can contact you about your specific questions. I was on Atkins once, and as I understand it, carbs from fiber do NOT count because they do not affect your blood sugar. (That's why they do the "net carbs" thing)
Posted Image

#14 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

Yup, that's why I was askin' about the net carbs. :cheerleader:

Thanks for puttin' me on the list! Have fun down there in Bonaire, and be sure to give Sam and Jerry a buncha grief for me...and hugs too! :wakawaka:

V, I'll put you on the list so WW can contact you about your specific questions. I was on Atkins once, and as I understand it, carbs from fiber do NOT count because they do not affect your blood sugar. (That's why they do the "net carbs" thing)

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users