• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Boynton Beach, July 4th weekend Fireworks dive!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:03 AM

I just spoke to the charter folks, and the morning two-tank trips on Sat and Sun are filling fast. There is still plenty of room on the Friday afternoon 3-tank trip, as well as the Saturday night two-tank fireworks dive.

I have been in contact with Kamala, and negotiated a rate for SD members of $95 for a two-tank dive, and $120 for the three-tank dive. This represents about a 10% discount from the regular price, and includes the boat charter fee, two Nitrox tank rentals (AL80s with 36%), weights if you need them, and all applicable taxes. You will need to PM me for details on how to get the above rate.

-JimG

I am bringing a group of divers down to Boynton Beach for the July 4th weekend. We are diving Friday afternoon (3 tanks), Saturday morning (2 tanks), Saturday night (2 tanks) and Sunday morning (2 tanks). All dives will be done aboard Dive Charters International boat Deeper, running out of Sea Mist Marina.

I have reservations already for everyone in my group, but there might be some additional space on the boat if anyone else from SD is interested in joining us for a dive or two. In particular, the Saturday night dive will be kind of interesting and different. I have arranged for a special "Fireworks Night Dive" - the way this works is that we will leave the dock for an early evening dive, while it is still light out. During the surface interval, the captain will motor the boat down towards Delray Beach, where he will anchor us in a spot to watch the city fireworks display. The fireworks are shot from a barge on the water, so we will literally have a "ringside seat" for the show. After that, we will do a night dive and then head back to the dock. Kind of an interesting and unique way to celebrate the 4th of July. :teeth:

Contact me via pm for more details or preferably contact the operator to sign up.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#2 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:58 AM

I am bringing a group of divers down to Boynton Beach for the July 4th weekend. We are diving Friday afternoon (3 tanks), Saturday morning (2 tanks), Saturday night (2 tanks) and Sunday morning (2 tanks). All dives will be done aboard Dive Charters International boat Deeper, running out of Sea Mist Marina.

I have reservations already for everyone in my group, but there might be some additional space on the boat if anyone else from SD is interested in joining us for a dive or two. In particular, the Saturday night dive will be kind of interesting and different. I have arranged for a special "Fireworks Night Dive" - the way this works is that we will leave the dock for an early evening dive, while it is still light out. During the surface interval, the captain will motor the boat down towards Delray Beach, where he will anchor us in a spot to watch the city fireworks display. The fireworks are shot from a barge on the water, so we will literally have a "ringside seat" for the show. After that, we will do a night dive and then head back to the dock. Kind of an interesting and unique way to celebrate the 4th of July. :cool1:

Contact me via pm for more details or to sign up.

-JimG

This sounds like fun. I'll send you a PM from my home computer this evening to discuss the details. Thanks for thinking of us locals! :birthday:
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#3 JimG

JimG

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:33 AM

This sounds like fun. I'll send you a PM from my home computer this evening to discuss the details. Thanks for thinking of us locals! :birthday:

Looks like one of our kindly mods removed my contact info from the original posting. FYI, I don't have a "paid" membership to SD, so you will not be able to PM me (which is why I posted the E-mail address to begin with). So I guess we will have to discuss the "meeting up" details here on the thread.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#4 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:24 AM

FYI: Some members put their e-mail addresses in their profile and Premier members can get it from viewing your profile before sending you a private e-mail. You won't be able to view another person profile, Jim, but Scubagoddess can e-mail you directly. Too bad I'm working that week-end or I would join you in a heartbeat. Have fun.

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:38 AM

Jim you are killing me... :birthday:

Its $35 a year of which you get $25 back any time you do a trip with us or run any private travel via us.

That amount keeps our site advertising free, spam free, predator and pervert free and it helps to offset the expenses of running an organization like this.

It also gets you deep discounts from our vendors and partners not to mention it just not a lot of money in the first place like less than $3/month or about .10 a day!

Come on...join the club! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#6 JimG

JimG

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:17 AM

Jim you are killing me... ;)

Wouldn't be the first time I did that ... :D

Come on...join the club! ;)

Resistance is futile, eh? Don't you know that I am already a member of another (in)famous diving cult? :D

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:42 AM

Jim you are killing me... ;)

Wouldn't be the first time I did that ... :D

Come on...join the club! :D

Resistance is futile, eh? Don't you know that I am already a member of another (in)famous diving cult? :D

-JimG

Ahhhh but we have ways of making you talk...er...comply...er JOIN!!! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#8 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:09 AM

E-mail sent Jim. :D
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#9 JimG

JimG

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 07:38 AM

E-mail sent Jim. :D

And back at'cha ... ;)

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:20 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I've spoken to Jim and there is extra room on the boat! He has persuaded me to let this be a joint trip for his students and our members! It should be a blast and he will be posting all the details soon! So plan to join SD.com for 4th of July in Boyton Beach!

p.s. there are up to 3 days of diving ops so a great last minute deal for diving Florida!

formerly...

#11 JimG

JimG

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:39 AM

I've spoken to Jim and there is extra room on the boat! He has persuaded me to let this be a joint trip for his students and our members! It should be a blast and he will be posting all the details soon! So plan to join SD.com for 4th of July in Boyton Beach!

Still working out details on the pricing - should have some info soon.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#12 JimG

JimG

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:58 AM

I just spoke to the charter folks, and the morning two-tank trips on Sat and Sun are filling fast. There is still plenty of room on the Friday afternoon 3-tank trip, as well as the Saturday night two-tank fireworks dive.

I have been in contact with Kamala, and negotiated a rate for SD members of $95 for a two-tank dive, and $120 for the three-tank dive. This represents about a 10% discount from the regular price, and includes the boat charter fee, two Nitrox tank rentals (AL80s with 36%), weights if you need them, and all applicable taxes. You will need to PM me for details on how to get the above rate.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:32 AM

-JimG

Jim that is awesome! I want to thank you for sharing your group dive with our group! :usflag:

I know you have plenty of people to qualify for enough people on the boat but also discounts. That is very cool of you to ask me if you could open it up to our members!

Now I just wish I lived closer...I'd be joining you if I did! Kamala :teeth:

formerly...

#14 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:37 AM

-JimG

Jim that is awesome! I want to thank you for sharing your group dive with our group! :usflag:

I know you have plenty of people to qualify for enough people on the boat but also discounts. That is very cool of you to ask me if you could open it up to our members!

Now I just wish I lived closer...I'd be joining you if I did! Kamala :teeth:

If it was a SD trip, there would have been some of us that would have come down for it, like I did for NC last year! July 4th makes for a great dive weekend.

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:17 AM

Also I'll be moving this to our Eastern Seaboard Events area since 'I approve this message and trip!: LOL! :teeth:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users