• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Text Editor Special Features

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:31 PM

Yet another KamGram with helpful hints for new members editing a post:

The following special editing features are provided for members' enjoyment:

There are 2 ways that editing features and effects may be implemented. If HTML is set to On then HTML will indicte that it is active (read: On) so standard HTML coding will work in the post. If UBBCode is active this will indicate UBBCode is active. NOTE: HTML and UBBCode cannot be used interchangeably! Either one or the other is used at a time, nver both at a time.

The following UBBCode tags are offered if UBBCode is enabled. Note: There are never spaces within the UBBCode bracket flags. The spaces are included in the examples below simply to make the code strings visible as a teaching aid. Also, many of these codes may be implemented using the edit pushbuttons across the top of the editor window.

text = Sets the text in a given font. (NOTE: see selection of available fonts in the listbox above the editor window)
[b ] text [/b] = Makes the given text boldface.
[i ]text[/i] = Makes the given text italic.
[u ]text[/u] = Makes the given text underlined.
[email ]joe@email.com[/email] = Makes a given email address clickable.
[ quote ]text[/quote] = Surrounds the given text with blockquote and hr's. This UBBCode tag is automatically used to [quote]flag originator text[/quote] when quoting a reply.
[ url="http://link"]title[/url] = Creates and labels a hyperlink pointing to a URL.
Emoticons may also be inserted from the available list above the editor window. Here are just a few examples:
:wakawaka: :P :lmao: :wakawaka: :) :-D :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :birthday: :wakawaka:
A variety of colors may be selected from the listbox next to the "Sizes" listbox.

Enjoy!
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#2 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:38 PM

One other tip - if you want to make a word bold, italic, or underline, then highlight it (usually by double-clicking on it), and then press ctrl-b, ctrl-i, or ctrl-u, respectively (i.e. hold down the ctrl key and press b, i, or u). This will automatically surround the highlighted word with the right BBcode.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#3 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:58 PM

One other tip - if you want to make a word bold, italic, or underline, then highlight it (usually by double-clicking on it), and then press ctrl-b, ctrl-i, or ctrl-u, respectively (i.e. hold down the ctrl key and press b, i, or u). This will automatically surround the highlighted word with the right BBcode.
-JimG

Hi Jim,

Actually, in this SD editor window, using IE Ver6, none of those typical editor hot keys works as one would expect. Are you using an alternative browser like Firefox? This might explain your success where I failed.

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#4 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:24 PM

Actually, in this SD editor window, using IE Ver6, none of those typical editor hot keys works as one would expect. Are you using an alternative browser like Firefox? This might explain your success where I failed.

Yes, I am using Firefox on a Mac. If you are using IE, then you might try alt-b, etc instead of ctrl-b, etc.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#5 Hammered Head

Hammered Head

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:28

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:38 PM

Another great solution....ask a Charlie or an Angel to walk you thru it! Like I have to do....EVERYTIME. Poor Tammy and Brad :hiya: Those two are ALWAYS bailing me out. Wonder if they would come thru if I got arressted.............hmmmmmmmmmm :cool1:
I grew up with four brothers......'nuff said!

#6 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 21 July 2009 - 03:39 PM

Another great solution....ask a Charlie or an Angel to walk you thru it! Like I have to do....EVERYTIME. Poor Tammy and Brad :lmao: Those two are ALWAYS bailing me out. Wonder if they would come thru if I got arressted.............hmmmmmmmmmm :hiya:

If they won't bail you out I will. But a TRUE friend would be right there in the slammer with you going Holy S#$T That was GREAT!!!! :thankyou:

Edited by Jerrymxz, 21 July 2009 - 03:40 PM.

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#7 Hammered Head

Hammered Head

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:04 PM

Another great solution....ask a Charlie or an Angel to walk you thru it! Like I have to do....EVERYTIME. Poor Tammy and Brad :teeth: Those two are ALWAYS bailing me out. Wonder if they would come thru if I got arressted.............hmmmmmmmmmm :lmao:

If they won't bail you out I will. But a TRUE friend would be right there in the slammer with you going Holy S#$T That was GREAT!!!! :teeth:

So, we're both gonna be in jail in Cozy? :blink:

#8 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:27 PM

Another great solution....ask a Charlie or an Angel to walk you thru it! Like I have to do....EVERYTIME. Poor Tammy and Brad :bam: Those two are ALWAYS bailing me out. Wonder if they would come thru if I got arressted.............hmmmmmmmmmm :teeth:

If they won't bail you out I will. But a TRUE friend would be right there in the slammer with you going Holy S#$T That was GREAT!!!! :teeth:

So, we're both gonna be in jail in Cozy? :teeth:

I'm right there with you sister!!! :D :taz:

Edited by Jerrymxz, 25 August 2009 - 03:28 PM.

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   

#9 Hammered Head

Hammered Head

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:37 PM

Another great solution....ask a Charlie or an Angel to walk you thru it! Like I have to do....EVERYTIME. Poor Tammy and Brad :bam: Those two are ALWAYS bailing me out. Wonder if they would come thru if I got arressted.............hmmmmmmmmmm :teeth:

So, we're both gonna be in jail in Cozy? :teeth:

I'm right there with you sister!!! :D :bam:

Cool! Maybe we can get matching tats or something! :taz:

#10 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:53 PM

So, we're both gonna be in jail in Cozy? :taz:

I'm right there with you sister!!! :teeth: :taz:

Cool! Maybe we can get matching tats or something! :bam:

Toby Keith Says it best: What happens down in Mexico....... Stays in Mexico :bam: :D

#11 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:19 PM

Those were some GREAT examples of using the SD text editor! Thanks, Cass & Jerry, for entertaining us while you were demonstrating your editor skills! :teeth: :teeth: :D :teeth:
Posted Image

#12 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

Those were some GREAT examples of using the SD text editor! Thanks, Cass & Jerry, for entertaining us while you were demonstrating your editor skills! :taz: :teeth: :D :teeth:

ANY TIME :teeth:

#13 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:16 PM

You forgot the most important one. If you screw up an edit. CTRL-Z undo's it.

That's right folks. CTRL - Z. Your boo-boo undoer... :diver:

PS. That is CTRL-Zed for Canadians and CTRL-Zee for the Americans. Sorry for the confusion. :P
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#14 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:46 PM

Zed, Zee......are these the alpha equivalent of metric vs. imperial? :P
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic