• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

35mm Film Developing Options

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:46 AM

Somewhere some time ago, I was told about options to develop pictures that will make (hopefully) the -35mm film- pictures I took on the Wakatobi trip look better since they're underwater shots...

Anyone out there able to suggest where to send my film from this latest scuba venture?

#2 AirHead

AirHead

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:11 PM

I think what you are looking for is a service from Kodak called "Sea Processing". Kodak's web site says that they farm this out to Dale Laboratories. You might contact them. I don't know how current this info is.

Godd Luck and I hope they turn out
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake W.C. Fields

#3 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:58 PM

Ritz / Wolf Photo has something similar. Call your local store.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#4 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

Or get them developed at the 'corner drugstore', then scan them in and color correct them yourself.

Keep in mind though, if you were "deep enough" and did not use artificial light, that there will not be any red or yellow at all so no "color correction" will be able to do anything. However you likely will be able to do a great job yourself with a little practice.

#5 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

Somewhere some time ago, I was told about options to develop pictures that will make (hopefully) the -35mm film- pictures I took on the Wakatobi trip look better since they're underwater shots...

Anyone out there able to suggest where to send my film from this latest scuba venture?

I always used these guys pre digital.. About $18 for 24 exposures. Here's a link of dive stores that have mailers. I would hand carry my rolls into LDS. Fill out form ( suggest you ask for prints and CD of prints) and LDS would take care of mailing costs. 7- 10 day turnaround.
http://www.kodak.com...mp;pq-path=1699
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users