• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

That Scuba Multi Tool

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:52 PM

I stopped by my LDS today to pick-up a tank and got some more info on the use of that scuba multi tool. I told him that I tried to use this tool the other nite to test it on some old regs to see if it would work and I almost bent my scuba multi tool, I simply went over to my tool box at home and grabbed a 9/16 wrench and removed the hose connection. Sense I payed for this scuba multi tool I would like to use it (if ever needed) so this begs the question (how tight is to tight) ? My LDS replied...the hose connectors are chrome plated brass and possibly the 1st stages are also, over tightening the connectors can damage both those parts, plus the o-ring acts like a lock-washer kinda and if somebody wants to use that tool in the field, they need to use that tool to assemble the connectors at home first.,,, a Save-A-Dive kit should save a dive right ?. I agree Thanks for your help.

Shadragon pm reply yesturday was the same..

"Wrenches work best, but how many wrenches do you take on vacation. Snug, but not tight would be my quick answer."

Thanks Simon

How tight is to tight

Mike
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users