• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Florida Regional trip reports August 2004

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1,200+

Posted 22 August 2004 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for the fun weekend. :banghead: :wakawaka: :usflag:

Didn't get to dive the cleanup but helped sort through the findings. Gee how did I miss the FUN part! :cool1: Anyway, seems like we have plenty of weights to start melting things down. (I understand Walter's in charge of that step - it's also good he was driving home instead of flying!)

The BBQ was fabulous. (Did you know Kamala was a chef in her previous life?) Not only was the food absolutely scrumptious, it was a blast meeting everyone and learning his or her real name vs. log in name. Good thing I wasn't drinking that night :teeth: Oh, let's talk about those pictures - Topside vs. UW shots vs. none. So THAT's what you look like in real life with clothes on! :teeth:

On to a full day of dives in the Key's on Saturday - Two reefs then not one but two dives on the Eagle and boy was he flying! Permits, Jacks, a school of angel's, a huge turtle, a huge southern stingray, a shark, a resident Goliath Grouper. And that's just the stuff off the top of my head! Congrad's to ZD for his 1,000th dive!!! (And thanks to Walter & WW for making so memorable)

Sunday I had teaching commitments but I'm sure the fun continuted! Can't wait to hear about the day!!!!! :teeth: :teeth:

A weekend filled with diving :teeth: ! That's why I live in South Florida! Maybe I should have posted this in a trip report????

Life is good!
Happy Diving, LJMongy

#2 Sylvia

Sylvia

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:2

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:58 AM

:banghead: :wakawaka: :usflag:
It was a pleasure meeting:
Kamala, Robert (Zendiver), Garth (Blublood), Latitude Adjustment, Blue Angel, H20, Boatlawyer, Kim (Fingraber) Pat from Ft Myers, Glen & Debra!!!!

Nice seeing again:
Kevin, Mary Ann, Scuba Jenny, Jill (Nextarial), Dennis, and Walter!!!!

Awesome divers and professionals.
Hope they enjoyed South Florida as much as we enjoyed them. I am so glad I met each of you, you are awesome individuals!!!

Not giving any details away that they may have an opportunity to provide their feedback!!!

My perspective: This team made the event!!! :cool1: :teeth: :teeth:

#3 glendivesalot

glendivesalot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Expert
  • Logged Dives:700+

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:24 AM

I enjoyed meeting everyone also. Dives on the Eagle Saturday afternoon were great. So was the BBQ on Friday night and the dinner at Fish House Saturday night. I'll be ready for another adventure soon.

#4 StuShark

StuShark

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:DM, Adv Nitrox, Deco
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:37 AM

It was great to meet everyone on the Saturday dives...next time I try and do the other days too ! ....it was a loooonnnnngggg drive back after the Fish House (I blame all the breadsticks and crackers for making me sleepy)

#5 Sylvia

Sylvia

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 10:10 AM

Ops!

Westley it was nice seeing you again too and meeting your friend Laura!!!
Did not mean to leave you out. :banghead: :wakawaka: :usflag:

#6 Maria

Maria

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox

Posted 23 August 2004 - 02:21 PM

Hi all!

I had a blast at the BBQ. You are a great group of people. I am really bummed about not being able to dive with you guys. I even got to work all day Sunday!!!

Hopefully I'll get to dive with you all some time soon. I know I'll be diving with Scuba_Jenny in a couple of weeks, so it's good that at least I know one person I'm diving with.

I hope you had a great time in South Florida.

Maria
Formerly known as Mahoneme

"You must have dreams of love, you must have desires. Perhaps you are made in such a way that you are afraid of them. Don't be. They are the best things you have."

Hermann Hesse

#7 nextariel

nextariel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 23 August 2004 - 04:31 PM

What a GREAT time it was. :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :wakawaka: The BBQ was fantastic, Kamala is a great cook! Healthy and tasty! It was great seeing all of you again from previous events and meeting all the out of staters and the ones who joined us for the first time! What a great bunch of people. The dives in the Keys were great. My first and second time on the Eagle what a great wreck; so much growth and marine life, as well as an interesting ship.

Great place for ZD to do his 1000 dive. Glad to be part of his big milestone.

And the Fish House is a definite repeat, great ending to a wonderful day.

Thanks to Marvel, Walter, and Kamala for all their hard work at putting this great event together.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#8 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 23 August 2004 - 04:52 PM

Here's part of the school of angels. Can't post anymore until I get permission.

Your photos weren't working and they (I think) seemed to be slowing down loading this page, so I've removed them for now. - Walter
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#9 scuba_jenny

scuba_jenny

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Logged Dives:216

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:31 PM

Nice meeting everybody on Friday night. Wish we could of done a night dive, but oh well, the beer was cold and the company good. Hermit Crab had a nice time until she got tired. However, I think that ride on Uncle Walter was the highlight of the evening for her! Thanks buddy!

Sunday's dive was nice even tho I had a bunch of minor equipment problems which led to my high SAC rate...oh well...

#10 blue angel

blue angel

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:37+

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:40 AM

WoW, :dance:
What a great trip and greater company :twist:
It was such a pleasure to put people with the faces.
You are such a wonderful group of divers ,
I am looking forward to new dives and new places to explore with you all.
That was the biggest grouper I have ever seen on the Eagle wreck.
They guess-a-mated about 400 hundred pounds. (was that a word)
And what a huge Stringray. At first all I could see were the big eyes :o
I said, there has to be a body to go with those. I was far up above him and looking down right at him, wow.
Kamala, you did a fantasic job putting all this together!
And what a great cook :D
You are really a wonderful person and I enjoyed meeting and diving with you!

Blue Angel, :twist:
Julia
The past is history
The future is a mystery
The present is a gift
So enjoy it !!

#11 blue angel

blue angel

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:37+

Posted 24 August 2004 - 05:12 AM

Thanks Walter :twist:
For the use of that 63 tank.
What a difference it made!!
As always your such a gentleman.
And a real cool guy :twist:
Julia
The past is history
The future is a mystery
The present is a gift
So enjoy it !!

#12 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 24 August 2004 - 12:49 PM

I'm glad everyone had such a great time! I know Kamala and Marvel worked very hard to make it so. I think we're lucky to have them both.

I'll try to find time to write up a report in the next day or two.

I really enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting new ones. The diving is always secondary to the people. When you can combine them in this manner, things are perfect.

Zendiver's 1000th dive was a big highlight for me. It wasn't planned this way, but he made his 1000th off the same boat and at the same site I made mine. He also received his gifts within 20 feet of where I received mine.

Maria,

You have a double. I saw a woman on Sunday afternoon at Mulligan's who looks exactly like you.

Julia,

You should never use an 80, it's bigger than you. A 63 is the perfect size for you.

Jenny,

You have a great kid. She's my pal, I enjoyed the piggy back ride too. Next time, it's my turn to ride.

Saturday divers,

I'm sorry I missed dinner Saturday night, but I hadn't seen John & Diana in about 6 years. I couldn't pass on the opportunity to visit with these dear friends.

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#13 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 24 August 2004 - 06:18 PM

What can I say- it was awesome! Just getting to meet ZD, Kim, Maria, Becky-gawd! the list is sooooooo long of all the cool people that I both met & re-met this past weekend. My last house guest just left a couple of hours ago :dltears: & Chez Marvel's is officially closed until the Labor Day weekend. More details to come- too tired to post anything right now.....
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#14 lollystoy

lollystoy

Getting started

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Logged Dives:35 or so stopped counting.

Posted 24 August 2004 - 06:40 PM

:whistle: for such a wonderful :cool1: weekend you guys! It was so awesome to get to meet everyone, to many people to name, but thank you to all for being so welcoming to me. Thanks for all the hard work everyone did in getting the party started. Can't wait to do some more diving with everyone!

Sea-Ya,

Lollystoy
(Laura)

#15 Sylvia

Sylvia

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 06:48 PM

:whistle: :cool1: :thankyou:
Kamala, Marvel, Walter

Thank you for all your hardwork, for bringing everyone together.....!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users