• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DC / MD / VA area Happy Hour is a GO!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:05 PM

The DC & Baltimore region is having a Happy Hour!

Let's blow a raspberry at the Friday the 13th scaredy-cats, and go out and have some FUN!!!

When: Friday, November 13, 2009
5:30 pm - ??
Where: Rams Head Tavern
8600 Foundry St.
Savage, MD 20763
(301) 604-3454
http://www.ramsheadt...vage/index.html

Map: HERE

This location is approximately halfway between DC and Baltimore, east of I-95 and west of Hwy 1, and south of Hwy 32.

Ask the hostess where the SingleDivers group is! Sam aka moniray36 is the local Happy Hour coordinator, and she should have a SingleDivers.com T-shirt on so you can ID her.

So that we can reserve enough space for everyone, please post in this thread if you will attend.

Who's Going:

1. Sam, aka moniray36
2. Mark, aka Aurelius
3. Carol, aka Sassi
4. Chris, aka Chris C.

Posted Image

#2 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:01 PM

All right, another DC /VA/MD Happy Hour. Queue up, you guys! Gotta do something in November besides stare at the Potomac wishing it was Biscayne Bay! :)
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#3 aurelius

aurelius

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water/Rescue Diver in Training
  • Logged Dives:22

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:01 AM

I will be at the next HH and thumb my nose at supserstitions...

Mark, aka Aurelius
If you don't like what's going on, don't hate the player, hate the game.

#4 toodive4

toodive4

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:09 AM

The DC & Baltimore region is having a Happy Hour!

Let's blow a raspberry at the Friday the 13th scaredy-cats, and go out and have some FUN!!!

When: Friday, November 13, 2009
Where: Rams Head Tavern
8600 Foundry St.
Savage, MD 20763
(301) 604-3454
http://www.ramsheadt...vage/index.html

Map: HERE

This location is approximately halfway between DC and Baltimore, east of I-95 and west of Hwy 1, and south of Hwy 32.

Ask the hostess where the SingleDivers group is! Sam aka moniray36 is the local Happy Hour coordinator, and she should have a SingleDivers.com T-shirt on so you can ID her.

So that we can reserve enough space for everyone, please post in this thread if you will attend.

Who's Going:

1. Sam, aka moniray36

#5 Sassi

Sassi

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:50 AM

I plan on driving up, though I may not make it at 5:30 - depends on when I can break away from work, go home, change clothes, etc. etc. etc. (driving - EEK!), though its really a DC/MD/VA happy hour. Don't forget about us Virginians! :)

Come to think of it - if someone is coming from PA - then that makes it the DC/MD/PA/VA HH (please note all placed alphabetically).....gee wonder how many more "states" we could get to come.

#6 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:13 AM

Mark and Carol, I've added you both to the list! :) No worries about the clock....I think everybody in that area knows the traffic sucks, and it may take some time to get to the venue! :blink:

toodive4, I'm not sure if you meant to post that you will attend, or not....???

I've already sent out hundreds of invitations.....I don't know if I'm up to sending out to the PA peeps too, with my schedule for the next week! They're welcome to come, of course, if they check out this thread.
Posted Image

#7 me2me2

me2me2

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:Hundreds.

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:24 PM

It is close enough to me, since I work in downtown Bawlimer, but I work until 7:15 and wouldn't be able to make it until at least 8 at the earliest and that is if I was still wearing scrubs, which may or may not contain enough ookies to contaminate the earth and start the next plague. Sooooo, I"ll probably not be able to make it, or if I do I'm sure I'd get there long after all sane people have already gone home and gone to bed! ;-)

But hey, have one for me!

Myra

#8 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:29 PM

It is close enough to me, since I work in downtown Bawlimer, but I work until 7:15 and wouldn't be able to make it until at least 8 at the earliest and that is if I was still wearing scrubs, which may or may not contain enough ookies to contaminate the earth and start the next plague. Sooooo, I"ll probably not be able to make it, or if I do I'm sure I'd get there long after all sane people have already gone home and gone to bed! ;-)
But hey, have one for me!
Myra

Hey, Knucklehead, that is about the lamest HH dodge I have ever read. :cool2: You could at least say something like, "Sorry guys, but my psychic powers tell me I will be working refugees from a rare East coast earthquake that evening."

I'm just sayin'. :cool2:

BTW did I ever send you your pics from the Keys Krawl? Memory fogged by the passing of time (and several glasses of beer). :blink:

Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#9 moniray36

moniray36

Getting started

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:00 PM

[/quote]Hey, Knucklehead, that is about the lamest HH dodge I have ever read. :) You could at least say something like, "Sorry guys, but my psychic powers tell me I will be working refugees from a rare East coast earthquake that evening."

I'm just sayin'. :)

[/quote]

I think you dodged the HH, too! Are you coming out to join us?

I'll b there early to get a good seat, but we'll stay as late as anyone straggles in! :cool2: They may even have a band playing that night later on the evening.

Mark - I look forward to meeting you! Carol - I'm happy you're coming. It wouldn't be the same without you!

Cheers!
Sam

#10 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:34 PM

Hey, Knucklehead, that is about the lamest HH dodge I have ever read. ;) You could at least say something like, "Sorry guys, but my psychic powers tell me I will be working refugees from a rare East coast earthquake that evening."
I'm just sayin'. :)

I think you dodged the HH, too! Are you coming out to join us?
I'll be there early to get a good seat, but we'll stay as late as anyone straggles in! :) They may even have a band playing that night later on the evening.
Mark - I look forward to meeting you! Carol - I'm happy you're coming. It wouldn't be the same without you!
Cheers!
Sam

Darlin' Sam, you are sweet to single me out, but I must draw your attention to the State = GA designation in my profile. :-D Cheerleading :cool2: (WITHOUT POMPOMS) is all I can offer this time around.

You are off to a great start! I am sure I speak for the Gang when I say we are lucky to have you getting involved so quickly.

#11 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:11 PM

Where is Savage, MD and how far out of DC is it?

I may be away for training that week, but if I'm free I'll stop by for a drink and to say hello.

#12 moniray36

moniray36

Getting started

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:28 AM

I may be away for training that week, but if I'm free I'll stop by for a drink and to say hello.

Savage is actually Columbia, MD. If you come up 95 you'd exit at Route 32, then south on Route 1, then a few more turns to the Savage Mill - it's in the old mill complex, and not too far off 95.

• I-95 North to exit 38A (32 East) to Route 1 South towards Laurel
• Turn right at 2nd traffic light (Gorman Rd.)
• Take 1st right onto Foundry Street
• The Rams Head Tavern in Savage is on your left.
• Turn left into parking immediately after the Red Barn.
• Follow signs to the Rams Head Tavern.

#13 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:24 PM

Savage is actually Columbia, MD. If you come up 95 you'd exit at Route 32, then south on Route 1, then a few more turns to the Savage Mill - it's in the old mill complex, and not too far off 95.

Cool...thanks.

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:33 PM

I sooooooooooooo want to go! I am checking on tickets as we speak. So be prepared for an out of town guest to hopefully arrive and join you! :lol:

That is if you'll have me! :lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#15 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:21 PM

Great Scott! I actually remember this place from a nine month assigment at nearby Fort Meade back in the 1990's. An old Navy buddy had left the service and we tracked him down bartending there!
Now I am really bummed I am so far away. :lol: Anyway, you guys enjoy! :lmao:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users