• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Sealife Reefmaster 35mm

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:37 PM

I was given the Reefmaster 35m as a gift.The thought was nice.Being new to the underwater world with Camera in hand,I thought .mm,ok,I'll see what I can do with this.I have been to Cozumel with it & St.Thmas etc.I just recently added a strobe & a wide angle for it.That I know is for close ups..Now, the question.I know the answers will vary. Given a nice / :D day out.I am say 50--to 80 ft. visibility is good. What ASA would you reccommend?I know I'm not going to win any awards,but as some fisherman would say,"It's a keeper". Thank's for any help guy's & girl's. :thankyou:
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#2 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:55 PM

I was given the Reefmaster 35m as a gift.The thought was nice.Being new to the underwater world with Camera in hand,I thought .mm,ok,I'll see what I can do with this.I have been to Cozumel with it & St.Thmas etc.I just recently added a strobe & a wide angle for it.That I know is for close ups..Now, the question.I know the answers will vary. Given a nice / :D day out.I am say 50--to 80 ft. visibility is good. What ASA would you reccommend?I know I'm not going to win any awards,but as some fisherman would say,"It's a keeper". Thank's for any help guy's & girl's. :thankyou:

What ASA will the camera support? 80--100--200--400?

That might be a limiting factor built into the camera itself.

PPM

#3 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:01 AM

PPM

Thank you for the reply.It appears it would support iso 100 & 200.if I understand the shooting range ,normally will be in the 2-4 ft range.the wide angle is for 2' or + greater? i know Digital would make this all easier,I'm looking at this as a crawl before you walk scenario.Any more thought's?
Greg

#4 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2009 - 06:22 AM

I was given the Reefmaster 35m as a gift.The thought was nice.Being new to the underwater world with Camera in hand,I thought .mm,ok,I'll see what I can do with this.I have been to Cozumel with it & St.Thmas etc.I just recently added a strobe & a wide angle for it.That I know is for close ups..Now, the question.I know the answers will vary. Given a nice / :cool2: day out.I am say 50--to 80 ft. visibility is good. What ASA would you reccommend?I know I'm not going to win any awards,but as some fisherman would say,"It's a keeper". Thank's for any help guy's & girl's. :diver:

PPM

Thank you for the reply.It appears it would support iso 100 & 200.if I understand the shooting range ,normally will be in the 2-4 ft range.the wide angle is for 2' or + greater? i know Digital would make this all easier,I'm looking at this as a crawl before you walk scenario.Any more thought's?

Personally, I would shoot ASA 200 for the greater low-light sensitivity. Add in that most film processors can handle the specific color correction needs of U/W photos if they are informed of them--and also can put the photos onto a CD for the computer before you spend on doing actual prints.

Some folks take a leading picture of a white slate underwater to help the processor with the color filtration settings for the darkroom, as well.

There are quite few folks here with greater experience than I have. This is just my own thought on the matter.

PPM

#5 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:13 AM

I was given the Reefmaster 35m as a gift.The thought was nice.Being new to the underwater world with Camera in hand,I thought .mm,ok,I'll see what I can do with this.I have been to Cozumel with it & St.Thmas etc.I just recently added a strobe & a wide angle for it.That I know is for close ups..Now, the question.I know the answers will vary. Given a nice / :diver: day out.I am say 50--to 80 ft. visibility is good. What ASA would you reccommend?I know I'm not going to win any awards,but as some fisherman would say,"It's a keeper". Thank's for any help guy's & girl's. :diver:

PPM

Personally, I would shoot ASA 200 for the greater low-light sensitivity. Add in that most film processors can handle the specific color correction needs of U/W photos if they are informed of them--and also can put the photos onto a CD for the computer before you spend on doing actual prints.

Some folks take a leading picture of a white slate underwater to help the processor with the color filtration settings for the darkroom, as well.

There are quite few folks here with greater experience than I have. This is just my own thought on the matter.

PPM

:cool2: PM.You :twist: have helped.This is what this site is about.People helping people.Did you cath my ? about the Wide angle?Is that right?I'll use that for any shots greater than 2'.This will put more background in the picture?# :diver:
Greg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users