• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Happy Winter Thread...

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#46 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1,200+

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:34 PM

:wakawaka: Winter is an awesome time! In Florida we can dive (with more room on the boats), :cool1: ride motorcyles or go camping as well as jump on a plane to enjoy the snow for skiing, snow shoeing, ice diving or just watching a nice flurry with a cup of hot choc. snuggled up by the fire with that special someone.
Happy Diving, LJMongy

#47 damselfish

damselfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:09 AM

The best Christmas I ever had was when I lived in the mountains in Pennsylvania and one night woke up to a clatter at 3 am and went to the window Christmas eve and finally understood the meaning of
"The moon on the breast of the new fallen snow gave the luster of midday to objects below".

It was beautiful and I could see everything, even deep into the woods next door and watched the deer moving around.
Christmas has never been the same down here in the south. (but I like Easter here better without the snow lol)
- D
Ain't love a BEACH?

#48 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:02 AM

WOW a foot and still snowing biggest storm we've had in several years lol .... no shoveling for me though doc won't let me :D
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#49 scrappykidz

scrappykidz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Board Status:back on the short bus...
  • Cert Level:AOW - new diver
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:05 AM

WOW a foot and still snowing biggest storm we've had in several years lol .... no shoveling for me though doc won't let me :D

Just make sure you get all of the moisture out of those clouds before sending them East... driving to New Orleans Fri then heading south... don't want any more of that snow on the roads in KS...

? Where in W Col? Both of my kids were born in Montrose... built a house or two up in Telluride (sp??)

Edited by scrappykidz, 08 December 2009 - 10:07 AM.

#50 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:10 AM

Just make sure you get all of the moisture out of those clouds before sending them East... driving to New Orleans Fri then heading south... don't want any more of that snow on the roads in KS...

? Where in W Col? Both of my kids were born in Montrose... built a house or two up in Telluride (sp??)

Grand Junction , and if you were in Telluride more than 5 yrs ago you saw my cows on the valley floor lol we ran the young stuff up there for 28 yrs before they took the land away from the owners ....
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#51 scrappykidz

scrappykidz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Board Status:back on the short bus...
  • Cert Level:AOW - new diver
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:04 AM

Grand Junction , and if you were in Telluride more than 5 yrs ago you saw my cows on the valley floor lol we ran the young stuff up there for 28 yrs before they took the land away from the owners ....

Yeh - oldest is 18 and a sophmore @ Univ of Kansas... son is 16.

Have to admit me were building in the ski village... so yes... it was on the land they took/stole/whatever (was not there to know what all really happened). Had nothing to do with that transaction but was building on that ground.

Built up there and @ Vale/Beaver Creek 1989-1993. Nothing special... just bending nails in some pretty country.

That steak place (the Feedlot - I think) still open on the west side of Grand Junction?

<conversation taken offthread>

Edited by scrappykidz, 08 December 2009 - 12:21 PM.

#52 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:54 PM

No bugs and snakes (Oh and less nasty people as well) outside while working and the fact that spring and summer are now only a few months away!

Edited by ddierolf, 10 December 2009 - 08:55 PM.

Which end is up?

#53 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:19 PM

Winter is definitely a good time for having a nice warm dog curling up on your lap (okay half a dog, she's too big for my lap!) :P

#54 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:13 PM

1. No bugs is HUGE!
2. Wet dogs are not a good thing. Warm ones are better.
3. Cuddling "would" be good. I think.
4. Finding a place to dive in Texas during the winter...not good. There is the Comal, but hey...it's 10-15 ft deep and the walk up river takes a whole lot longer than the drift down river.
5. I can see the deer out my window in the winter.
6. Snow - though it's rare here. Better yet, snowflakes - they're beautiful and fascinating when you look close.
7. Christmas lights! I especially like the twinkly ones that people put in the trees outside. They're like fire flies or or glittering icecycles.
8. I don't have to work as hard in the winter - it's the one time of year the bottled water industry takes a bit of a dip.
9. Did I say no bugs?

#55 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,489 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:20 PM

Just had to refresh this thread...I'm sure someone loves winter out there!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#56 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:08 PM

Well, I'm told I have to be extra careful of slipping on ice with my surgery... but I LOVE the dusting of snow we FINALLY got around here. It's been brown, brown, brown and we've needed that dusting of snow!!

I love making snowmen. :teeth:

#57 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:58 AM

If you ENJOY winter and snow storms check out the short film of the December '10 blizzard that hit NYC. Jamie Stuart videotogagher.

MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users