• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The "Miserable Winter" Thread...

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Jo Canuck

Jo Canuck

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

-scraping windshields, especially if it was freezing rain.
-plugging in the blockheater, having to knock the snow out of the holes in the extension cord first so you can plug it in
-praying your car will start even if it was plugged in cause it's so damned cold
-driving away with the cord still plugged in and loosing it halfway to work
-feeling like your tires are square and your seat feels like a church pew cause the foam in it is frozen and the tires are hard
-carrying your dog for the last half of your walk because his paws are packed with snow
-ear bud cords on your mp3 hard like uncooked spaghetti, and the battery dies in 15 minutes unless you stick it inside your jacket
-finding out it takes mere seconds for snow to melt between your toes when you go to the Chrismas Gala in a sexy pair of high heeled shoes
-wearing frickin Yamaha snowmobile boots to the next Christmas Gala and telling yourself you really are still sexy in a cocktail dress and appropriate footware
-going into the city the night before a trip to the carribean just in case it snows overnight
-waiting for your plane to be de-iced before it can take off, and wondering if the pilot can still see the runway in the blizzard
-running through the snow across the deck and jumping in the hot tub...discovering that you can break your hair off in chunks when the steam from the hot tub freezes in your hair!
-having your buddies over for a beer and leaving the box on the doorstep to keep it cool cause the fridge is full...discovering the second beer is now a slushy and spills all over the place when you open it

oh...I could go on all night! Sure am looking forward to that next dive trip, can anyone tell?:D

#32 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:18 AM

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Johanne, I'm still laughing out loud. The auditors must think I'm a candidate for the loony bin!
Posted Image

#33 TCdamsel

TCdamsel

Angel & Charter SD Supporter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Board Status:Planning my next dive trip!
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:55 AM

After 9 winters in Northern Michigan, to quote Sandy, the Squirrel in SpongeBob: I want to go hooooome to Texas!!!!! I guess Detroit is a small improvement :unsure: ...
Every man and woman is born into the world to do something unique and something distinctive and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done.Benjamin E. Mays

Have a question...get an answer. Email: angels@singledivers.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users