• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Holiday Food Battles....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:17 PM

Thanksgiving has come and the turkey is gone...well at least a good portion of it is. And while the turkey is not the main culprit...the gravy and all the extras are...Thanksgiving usually sets in motion a cycle of holiday overeating.

So is this year different for you? Did you give into your learned food cravings? Or did you eat moderate portions, talk more between mouthfuls to allow the brain to register being full or did you indulge enjoying the count as you slid into a turkey/stuffing/gravy induced coma?

Another expression I heard yesterday from those going to several homes for the holidays was.... "It's not a race...its a marathon so you have to pace yourself."

Did you treat yesterday as a race or a marathon? Did you eat lighter meals so you had more room for the main dinner? Or did you indulge all day since family members were cooking all sorts of special meals and would be offended if you didn't partake?

The first step is awareness. The second step is creating a plan and the third is taking concrete steps to complete that plan.

There are no right or wrong answers...just the facts. So if you wish to share with us please do.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:46 PM

The beauty of cooking the meal - people were at my mercy. :teeth:

Mixed here. I made less food and not all traditional. Bison roast replaced turkey, mashed potatoes (must have), roasted asparagus, whole grain rolls and pie with ice cream. I ate too much but not as much as other years and also did two walks - a long one in the woods and a 40 minute on the neighborhood trails. We ate mid-afternoon so skipped dinner. A completely lovely day.

My new food love is Bison. I can have my beef flavor and less fat then chicken. :P
3 oz. Cal Fat Chol
Bison 93 1.8g 43mg
Turkey 125 3.0g 59mg
Beef 183 8.7g 55mg
Chicken 140 3.0g 73mg
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#3 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:20 PM

lol due to swallowing really being a pain in the neck I sure didn't overindulge and since I'm homebound for 3 more weeks I try to eat much less
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#4 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 27 November 2009 - 04:35 PM

I confess... I ate too much stuffing. (But it was really good stuffing and I never eat stuffing except for this time of year...) :P

I will also confess the stuffing led to other things ...chips, pop, and cookies...

But I resolve to limit any additional food that found it's way into my house as leftovers were shared... (at least the pies didn't find their way to my house! LOL!)

#5 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:07 PM

My challenge was not how much I ate yesterday, but the fact that we did it three times this week. Going from house to house.

I tried to keep it to a sampler plate each day.

One night we did go out for seafood though. Had a broiled seafood platter with shrimp, scallops and grouper. It was awesome!

#6 Sassi

Sassi

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:22 PM

I didn't overndulge on turkey, dressing or other fixin's - however, my one downfall is sweets. Love them--love to cook them, love to eat them! So I made one of the desserts (magic cookies - they magically disappeared ito my mouth :thankyou: ) We even went for a walk before desert. I was good in that I limited myself to only one piece of pumpkin pie (okay so I did put whip cream on it)

Actually I was lucky that I went to someone elss house; minimal leftovers - inclucding dessert!

#7 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:28 AM

If you take the time to make all this stuff, aren't you then obligated to eat it?? :teeth:
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users