• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Florida DOM and HH...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox/Cave
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:48 AM

Hello everyone!
Here's the deal. I'm out of the army, living in Florida, and have a lot of catching up to do on diving. But, have no dive buddy. This is where ya'll come in!! I've been hearing all kinds of good things about this Blue Heron Bridge and I'd love to check it out. Kamala has suggested getting a happy hour and dive of the month plan going on and I thought that I would see what dates work for everyone on here. I understand that the tide will play a big role in time if we decide to do the bridge. So...

Let's hear some suggestions on dates, times, and places! :teeth:
Bringing evil things to evil people... Because pacifists can't get a damn thing done!

Working on my PHD in CQB one house at a time.

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:01 PM

Hello everyone!
Here's the deal. I'm out of the army, living in Florida, and have a lot of catching up to do on diving. But, have no dive buddy. This is where ya'll come in!! I've been hearing all kinds of good things about this Blue Heron Bridge and I'd love to check it out. Kamala has suggested getting a happy hour and dive of the month plan going on and I thought that I would see what dates work for everyone on here. I understand that the tide will play a big role in time if we decide to do the bridge. So...

Let's hear some suggestions on dates, times, and places! :diver:

:teeth: Sam!!!

What we'd love is to have a dive of the month...it can be in different places or the same....but it will keep us DIVING! And we'd love to have a social event either tied to the dive (how convenient) or just stand alone.

And the more the merrier....I know that several of our GA members are heading to Florida and will be diving this coming week I think. If we wanted too we could make the official monthly event coincide with their being here or we can just join them and still have an official event. Since Sam is new to the area but eager to dive...I've tasked him with coming up with the first Happy Hours and Dive of the Months (DOM's)!

So give him ideas and suggestions and lets get an official Happy Hour/Social Event going MONTHLY as well as a Dive of the Month monthly! By the way the DOM can be a visit to the aquarium as well as a diving venue. And I've been talking to some of the local boat operators who would love for us to have our Dive of the Month boat diving. I think that would be a great opportunity to mix it up and keep it interesting. Susie aka Dolphin Lover and Holly a-fl_mermaid have been intstrumental in helping in that arena. And I think Cindi aka scubagoddess and others have a New Year's Day timeframe dive planned so it looks like its all coming together!

Let's choose a place and venue and try to give it at least 2-4 weeks leadtime so people can plan to be there! :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:44 PM

What days of the week can you dive? You want to drive down to southern Palm Beach county?

How about short notice? I just stopped over lunch hour at Jupiter Dive center and they are running a special $35 for 2-tank dive boat trip through Saturday !!!!!! But this week I am booked solid, so I can't take advantage of that.

Check the tide tables for Blue Heron Bridge.

You have to go in just before high tide.

I can dive during the week with some advance notice.

RE: ocean diving --- the marine forecast says "2 feet or less" for this coming Monday... and I am anxious to try out my full-face mask that I just bought.

There's another thread here with some guys going down to the Keys somewhere on Monday & Tuesday.

#4 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:09 PM

Hello everyone!

Let's hear some suggestions on dates, times, and places! :P

The tides at Blue Heron bridge are not the greatest this weekend. They're pretty much night dives both morning and evening. ~5AM/PM on Saturday and ~6AM/PM on Sunday.

The east span of the bridge is supposed to close down for construction on Monday, so several friends are doing a commemorative dive on Sunday... They have a permit to do a night dive.

As Alan commented... JDC is offering $35 dives this week. Ends Saturday. I'll be on the boat both morning and afternoon.

I frequently dive the bridge, and I live just north of you... Melbourne... PM me if you need a dive buddy. I'm always diving... uhmm... almost every weekend. My gear actually got dry last week, because I went to the dive show on Saturday...

Al
If you're bored diving, then you quit learning...

#5 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:46 AM

Bummer, can't make it this weekend. I'm still up in PA till Sunday. I have a pretty flexible schedule. With a few days notice I should be able to dive just about whenever. Once school starts in January it'll limit my time but my weekends should still be doable. I'll be in Key West from the 21st till the 1st for Christmas. If anyone is down that way I'd be happy to meet you somewhere and do some diving. After that, I'm pretty much free till the 11th of Jan I believe. I'm ok with traveling anywhere. Let me know what works for people and we'll see if we can't get somethin goin.
Bringing evil things to evil people... Because pacifists can't get a damn thing done!

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:59 PM

Cool so diving adhoc is easy...but planning is more difficult. I guess that means we set a date and then decide if it should be a boat dive or a shore dive once we can check the tides.

I have spoken with several boats that are willing to do lunch at a local restaurant with 2 boat dives and free parking. Not sure that this is something you would be interested but I'd be happy to set it up. We could even get a member discount for anyone wanting to book it.

I am excited that you all are talking about diving and Sam has offered to help get some local dives organized that members can participate in. The number thing we heard at the Fl Dive Show was that people want to be able to join others to go diving. How cool would it be to go to SingleDivers.com and look to see where the next month's local dive was and then post to say you would be joining in! :wakawaka:

:P for talking on how to get this started! And I'm sure Sam will need or could use some help. Anyone interested in helping him get these organized??? Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#7 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:16 PM

Hello everyone!

Let's hear some suggestions on dates, times, and places! :welcome:

A group of us will be diving in South Florida between December 31st and January 3rd. We plan to dive in Key Largo on the 31st, and it looks like the Blue Heron Bridge will be on the agenda the 3rd. I'm staying with Scubagoddess and she is coordinating our diving. Let us know if you are interested in meeting up.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#8 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:53 PM

Sorry I kind of let this thread flop. My computer fried and it took a bit before I had the funds to get a new one. I'm still interested in diving. Actually, interested probably isn't the word. I NEED to go diving. Anyone down here doing anything in the next few weeks? I'm free friday through sunday usually as long as I have some prior notice. Let me know if anyone will be doing anything. I need to get wet. Wouldn't mind heading up north a bit to do some of the caverns and such either.

#9 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:07 PM

Sorry I kind of let this thread flop. My computer fried and it took a bit before I had the funds to get a new one. I'm still interested in diving. Actually, interested probably isn't the word. I NEED to go diving. Anyone down here doing anything in the next few weeks? I'm free friday through sunday usually as long as I have some prior notice. Let me know if anyone will be doing anything. I need to get wet. Wouldn't mind heading up north a bit to do some of the caverns and such either.

Right now I'm planning on diving on the Little Deeper in West Palm on Sunday. I have an AOW student and we need to do one deep dive. Capt Dave is going to drop me on the back side of a reef into deeper water... but... if everyone wants to go deep... we can do a wreck or something. Give Lynn a call. The boat leaves at 10AM... I get to sleep in a little... :respect:

#10 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:05 AM

I am planning to head to Jupiter on Sat with one other person. The op is Jupiter Dive Center. The dives are typically advanced if you think you might want to jump in on that

#11 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

My oldest son is twisting my arm to go next Saturday. I'll either be diving West Palm or Jupiter... not sure yet...

#12 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:25 PM

High tide at Blue Heron Bridge is 13:17 on Saturday and 14:16 on Sunday.
I'm ready for either.

Let me check my schedule for possible boat trip.

#13 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

High tide at Blue Heron Bridge is 13:17 on Saturday and 14:16 on Sunday.
I'm ready for either.

Let me check my schedule for possible boat trip.

There's room on the Little Deeper... come join us... Boat leaves at 10AM...

#14 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 05:01 PM

Well, with 7 foot waves, I know y'all did not go out on a boat today. I did Blue Heron Bridge.

The east bridge is 'divable' but with those big yellow 'curtains' they hung down, I don't think I'll be doing the east side again until after they are done with the repair work.

Did not bring my camera, so of course the fish gave me some great shot opportunities.

#15 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:29 PM

Well, with 7 foot waves, I know y'all did not go out on a boat today. I did Blue Heron Bridge.

The east bridge is 'divable' but with those big yellow 'curtains' they hung down, I don't think I'll be doing the east side again until after they are done with the repair work.

Did not bring my camera, so of course the fish gave me some great shot opportunities.

My trip got cancelled. Good thing... I had a pretty good sinus squeeze yesterday, and my right sinus has been aching all day.

I dove with my full face mask yesterday, and my left ear was giving me grief... right side was fine... after my first dive, I never felt any pain, but I definitely had signs of a sinus squeeze. Odd...

Jupiter Dive Center did go out today. JupiterMermaid made her 500th dive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users