• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010 Health & Fitness Challenge?

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#31 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:20 AM

I'm in.

Can I count the 30 I already lost? Can you say health scare in 2009?!?!?!! Bring on 2010 is all I can say.
"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#32 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:29 PM

So - it's the new year - I thought I'd get this thread to the forefront again. :teeth:
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#33 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 01 January 2010 - 03:38 PM

I got a good start.....I couldn't party last night because I had to work all day today, demonstrating exercise equipment during our big sale!

Well, it beats sitting around the house nursing a hangover.... :teeth:
Posted Image

#34 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Happy New Year and Welcome to the SD Nutrition and Fitness Challenge! (For lazy, tired, overweight, busy, non-athletic and whatever other reasons you've had for not making changes in your life to date program!) ;)

I suspect that a few more people will be joining us so we'll get off to a steady but moderate start. Many of the things we will suggest will be things you already know or simple things that by themselves won't make a huge difference. However in tandem they will add up to yield results. And they will be things you can do DAILY to make a difference in your life today, next week and every day of your life. They are NOT a quick weight loss program. You did not reach your current state in a couple of weeks so you won't return to your desired state in a few weeks.

Hey Gang I just lost the last 4 hours of work which included the entire framework for the program, the overview and how it will work as well as the first step. (G3 internet is good but I guess its not great.) :banghead:

I will work very quickly to recreate it but wanted you to know that I had not forgotten it was time to start our 'challenge. Kamala

p.s. in the meantime if anyone wants to join the NEW STEP ONE WILL BE TAKING THE CHALLENGE AND JOINING THE LIST!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#35 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

So how many people got in a workout today? Well I hadn't even finished my sparkling grape juice yet when my workout started bright and early at 0005 this morning and went in for 2 hours.

Early morning workout consisted of:
10 reps of 500lb leg presses. The weight courtesy of a neonate isolette with cranky hydrolics makung it a manual stretcher.
3 sets of 10 arm curls with medical air tanks by moving tanks from safety locker to the truck then into neonate sled.
4 100 yd sprints with said 500lb isolette ( resistance and cardio in one)
1 heck of a upper body positive/negative resistance workout between the code 3 runs.
2 lights and sirens code 3 runs. I don't think I even sat down either trip because I was having to dodge idiots ( really do you not see the lights or hear the loud sirens or airhorn) on the road. Talk about a major leg workout as after each leg my legs were shaking

Okay yes this is a little tongue in cheek but talk about a workout, and this is pretty much close to the average weightcand resistance workout( some days much more then that) I get every third day at workz

So today was alot of resistance with alittle cardio so tomorrow I'm gonna hit the treadmill so I can get a true cardio workout.

WW can we get a private forum as well for the challenge so that not all of the info is public?

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#36 diverdeb

diverdeb

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

Count me in. I've been absent for a while. 2009 presented some tough challenges, which I apparently dealt with by eating my way through them. 2010 - a new year, a new decade. I'm ready!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#37 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:43 PM

I'm in if you can adapt the first series of exercises to someone with a cast and crutches.

I decided that 2010 was going to be a whole new opportunity to straighten out some kinks in my life--starting with a better, fitter me.

PPM

#38 UP Diver

UP Diver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Board Status:Occasionally lurking on and off the board...
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:>150

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:54 PM

Kamala, you can count me in, too. After last year catching myself gaining weight, having nasty surgery and losing a chunk, the post-op no workout cycle has me now realizing that I have returned to the gaining cycle....AARRGGHH!!!

OK, so I am ready to jump into 2010 and lose again! Am very impressed with Victoria's new pic and her results with Atkins, too!
(Joe Bob Briggs says check it out!!!)

UP Diver
:teeth:
"Well, my name is Jim...
but most people just call me - Jim."

Gene Wilder, Blazing Saddles

#39 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

OK, does shoveling snow for 2 1/2 hours count?? I wonder how many calories I burned.....as I dug my way out so I could get to work today! :teeth:

A peek at half my back slab, with a view of part of the looooong driveway....my back & arms hurt, so I must have burned some calories somewhere!

Attached Thumbnails

• Oh_my.JPG

Posted Image

#40 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

OK, does shoveling snow for 2 1/2 hours count?? I wonder how many calories I burned.....as I dug my way out so I could get to work today! :teeth:

A peek at half my back slab, with a view of part of the looooong driveway....my back & arms hurt, so I must have burned some calories somewhere!

Now I'm REALLY grateful that my shoveling only lasted about 1/2 an hour. I got some unexpected help with the snow that came down yesterday and last night (I was able to sneak out by driving over it this morning) so I did less shoveling than I would have otherwise. I do feel your pain though LLDN, I've done that 2 1/2 hours VERY recently.... :lol:

#41 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:30 PM

Thanks, UPDiver! I started Atkins on 8 April. It's now 7 January. In that time, following Atkins nearly to the letter (Thanksgiving and Christmas being the exceptions), I lost fifty (50) pounds. Yes, FIFTY. The holidays set me back by about eight, but I'm fixing that now. I have about 35 left to go, so...

Please sign me up!

The assistance/guidance that I need is in the exercise department, but even more important the stretching-properly-before-exercise-so-that-I-don't-do-damage department. Eighteen years ago I broke my back. Poor preparation for exercise has consistently resulted in my doing damage since that accident. Therefore, before I can get myself on an effective workout schedule, I need guidance.

Having said that I will also state that I'm very well aware of what I can and cannot do, regarding my back, so there will be exercises/activities which I cannot engage in....... by the way that's why I got into diving! I can do it!

Whaddya say?! Can I play too?? Can I? Can I? Huh huh huh?? :teeth:

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#42 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:03 AM

OK, does shoveling snow for 2 1/2 hours count?? I wonder how many calories I burned.....as I dug my way out so I could get to work today! :unsure:

I read the part about peeking at your back slab twice before I read farther, then looked at the picture!!

Oh!!! That's what you meant. It sounded like you were going to show us the effects of your shovelling workout. I didn't think you were one to post your back slab on the internet! :tears:

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#43 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:17 AM

I read the part about peeking at your back slab twice before I read farther, then looked at the picture!!

Oh!!! That's what you meant. It sounded like you were going to show us the effects of your shovelling workout. I didn't think you were one to post your back slab on the internet! :(

:unsure: no no no no no no! That will never happen, and here at the beginning of the Challenge, nobody wants to see that anyway! :tears:
Posted Image

#44 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:24 AM

Oh!!! That's what you meant. It sounded like you were going to show us the effects of your shovelling workout. I didn't think you were one to post your back slab on the internet! :(

:unsure: no no no no no no! That will never happen, and here at the beginning of the Challenge, nobody wants to see that anyway! :tears:

LLDN - So how's the coffee this morning? Does it feel like the cup weighs about 40 lbs.?

Victoria - you look GREAT!
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#45 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:33 AM

LLDN - So how's the coffee this morning? Does it feel like the cup weighs about 40 lbs.?

The arms are doing surprisingly well....it's the lower back that still hurts. I just haven't found a way to shovel snow without using the back in all the bad ways......
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users