• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Boston Sea Rovers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hipshot

Hipshot

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:17 PM

BOSTON SEA ROVERS 56TH ANNUAL CLINIC

This upcoming year will mark the 56th Anniversary of the annual Sea Rover’s Clinic. In celebration, we will be hosting a special Saturday Evening Film Festival at the New England Aquarium’s beautiful IMAX Theatre on March 6th, 2010. Every seat of this impressive venue has a great, unobstructed view of the large screen, and with limited seats available, it’s sure to be a sell-out event. In addition to a great lineup of speakers, the evening will also include a reception onboard the elegant 175’ long Motor Vessel Majesty, tied up along pier at the Aquarium’s wharf. Full details for the 2010 Film Festival, including speaker bios and tickets, will be posted soon on our newly updated website, www.bostonsearovers.com.

Over the past five and a half decades, the goal of the Rovers has always been to bring the best and the brightest talents of the ocean and diving community together in Boston for a weekend event centered on education, entertainment and enlightenment. While 2010 will mark our 56th Clinic, it will also be a transition year for the Sea Rovers. In order for us to ensure that the future Clinics of 2011 and beyond live up to the great history of the Clinics past, we are concentrating our efforts in 2010 to offer a spectacular Saturday Evening Film Festival, held in conjunction with long-time associates and Clinic Supporters, the New England Aquarium. During the evening film festival, we will be unveiling our new home for future Clinics that will be located within the greater Boston area. This new facility was not available for our weekend this year, and as such, many of the aspects associated with a full show, including the daytime seminars and exhibition hall, are being postponed until 2011.

The nature of the Clinics has changed many times throughout our history, as has the venue. We are confident that the transition will allow us to ensure that the future Clinics of 2011 and beyond live up to the great history of the Clinics past. We look forward to seeing you at our special film festival March 6th, 2010, and at many more Clinics in the years to come. For further information, please visit our website, www.bostonsearovers.com.

Sylvia Earle - Master of Ceremonies, and speaker, introducing

BBC cameraman Mike Pitts, http://www.michaelpi...co.uk/index.php

Cave Explorer Wes Skiles, http://www.karstproductions.com/

Environmentalist Philippe Cousteau, http://www.earthecho.org/ (with hopefully some of the new footage from Discovery Channels "Oceans")

Great White Sharks of Chatham, with Greg Skomal, http://www.mass.gov/..._shark_2009.htm

Brian Skerry also may be speaking.

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:38 AM

I can't make this show but I'm sure that other SDer's certainly will! So I moved it to the Eastern Region events!

Anyone want some SD post cards to handout or leave on tables??? I can always send some if interested! k

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users