• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-06: NOW BOOKING!!! June 19-26,2010 WHALESHARKS!!! Yep Holbox & Cozy & Cenotes!

• Please log in to reply
446 replies to this topic

#406 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:35 AM

Bill we will miss you! :pray:

On the topic of current...not all dives will have that kind of current. Several consistently have it. We choose accordingly to ensure a good mix. The former is for 'riding the wave' and the latter are more for pics. We'll do some of all! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#407 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:40 AM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

Hey gang..part of what makes us so unique is that we offer lots of DIFFERENT trips and lots of OPTIONS on these trips not to mention letting everyone do add-on's etc. However the last week or so before a trip is pretty dicey trying to get everything finalized. So we thank you for bearing with us and we are trying to finalize everyone's details so please please please respond as quickly as you can when we try to figure out if you are doing the night dive or the extra tours etc. as they need to be set up and paid for by Friday for some and TODAY for others if you are arriving early.

We will also need people to do as Jerry and Carla and several others and get their payments to us asap for the extras, etc. :pray: :-D

And finally...I or Sandy will be sending you a summary of what we think you are signed up for...pls let us know if its correct and/or fix it asap so we can get you squared away with what you want for the trip.

And to those who have graciously offered to help by doing an s/o since we are short people....you are the best! :respect: -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#408 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:53 AM

Bill we will miss you! :tears:

On the topic of current...not all dives will have that kind of current. Several consistently have it. We choose accordingly to ensure a good mix. The former is for 'riding the wave' and the latter are more for pics. We'll do some of all! -ww

I went back and looked at my dive log from the Halloween Cozumel trip to see what the site name was for the big Rock & Roll drift dive we did. One of our dives was close to the intensity of the one in TexasDiver's video and I wanted to see if it was the same site.

The dive site on our dive last year was Cedar wall. Those kinds of drift dives are very exhilarating. :taz: I like one of those every now and then to get the blood flowing. :respect: You really get the sense of speed and the sensation of flying on a dive like that! :-D

ONE MORE DAY !!! :pray:

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#409 scrappykidz

scrappykidz

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Board Status:back on the short bus...
  • Cert Level:AOW - new diver
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:58 AM

Wish I could make this trip... but all these new students need processed for next year. The university would not be a bad place to work if not for all the students and faculty. :pray:

#410 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:02 AM

We will need to bring a towel for the Cenotes portion of the trip? I imagine we will have them on the boat in Cozumel. But will we need anything for the rest of the trip?

Also it's always a good idea to bring lots of small bills with you, one's and five's. I find they always come in handy.

I don't think there are towels on the boat. The only thing I remember being provided besides tanks was bottled water. everything else is BYOB

Yes you will need a towel for the Cenotes...and possibly the whalesharks. The hotel will have them for Cozy. If you don't wish to bring a full sized towel...SD may be able to help you out with its mircofiber towels! See HERE for more details. Kamala

p.s. I have room to carry a few to Mexico if you want them. Just let us know in the mircofiber towel thread HERE . :pray:

formerly...

#411 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:02 AM

We will need to bring a towel for the Cenotes portion of the trip? I imagine we will have them on the boat in Cozumel.

I don't think there are towels on the boat. The only thing I remember being provided besides tanks was bottled water. everything else is BYOB

I checked with Kamala regarding towels... You WILL NEED a towel for Cenotes.

Oops! Looks like she beat me to the punch! :pray: :-D

#412 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:06 AM

We will need to bring a towel for the Cenotes portion of the trip? I imagine we will have them on the boat in Cozumel.

I checked with Kamala regarding towels... You WILL NEED a towel for Cenotes.

Oops! Looks like she beat me to the punch! :-D :respect:

I had replied before but when you asked I was worried it had not posted and sure enough...it had not. So thanks to Heidi I was able to get this replied too! :pray:

formerly...

#413 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:24 AM

Anyone else for the tour??? kamala

REFRESHING THIS POST SO THOSE ON THE TOURS CAN GET THEIR PRICING SETTLED UP AS WELL AS EXTRA NIGHT(S) IN CANCUN:

Chichen Itza Participants So Far:

1. Jerry
2. Brenda
3. Butch (will pay his part despite not going so others are not penalized) :pray:
4. Sylvia
5. Priscilla

IMPORTANT ADD-ON TOUR PRICING:

For those who want to stay an extra day at the end of the trip to see either Chichen Itza or Talum here is the pricing for the tours. Each set of ruins is unique but most rave about Chichen Itza and consider it a 'must see'. Several of you have requested that we offer Talum since you have already seen Chichen Itza so I am including the Talum ruins as well.

Chichen Itza:
(Includes: Private transportation in a van with a/c from Holbox to chiquila to chichen itza to chiquila + Entrance fees + Private bilingual guide for the group + International Buffet meal with 2 drinks at the Cenote Ixquil + Transport back to Cancun Group Hotel or Cancun Airport.)

2 people: $434.50 each
3 people: $216.70
4 people: $122.10
5 people: $112.80
6 people: $98.40
7 people: $90.00
8 people: $81.60
9 people: $75.60
10 people: $72.00

Talum:

(Includes: Private transportation in a van with a/c from Holbox to Cancun to Talum + Entrance fees + Private bilingual guide for the group + Transport back to Cancun Group Hotel or Cancun Airport.)

2 people: $205 each
3 people: $230
4 people: $255

Group Hotel:

We have set up a group hotel reservation at City Express which is very reasonable at $59 + 12% tax for a single room or $64 + 12% tax for a double room. ($66.08 for s/o and $71.68 for d/o or $35.84 per person.) The hotel is 20 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the Plaza Las Americas...the largest shopping area in Cancun.

Please let us know if you wish to use the group hotel or book your own reservations. As always we will help with rooming for the last night for anyone that wishes a roomie and is planning on staying.

formerly...

#414 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:46 AM

We will need to bring a towel for the Cenotes portion of the trip? I imagine we will have them on the boat in Cozumel. But will we need anything for the rest of the trip?

Also it's always a good idea to bring lots of small bills with you, one's and five's. I find they always come in handy.

Yes you will need a towel for the Cenotes...and possibly the whalesharks. The hotel will have them for Cozy. If you don't wish to bring a full sized towel...SD may be able to help you out with its mircofiber towels! See HERE for more details. Kamala

p.s. I have room to carry a few to Mexico if you want them. Just let us know in the mircofiber towel thread HERE . :pray:

These towels are great!!! I got one from WW in Bonaire last year and I don't leave home without it! it packs very small, soaks up water like a sponge and dries quickly. And it's an awesome piece of got-to-have SD gear :-D

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#415 ArtRunScuba

ArtRunScuba

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver. 18 liveaboards
  • Logged Dives:675

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:53 AM

We have set up a group hotel reservation at City Express which is very reasonable at $59 + 12% tax for a single room or $64 + 12% tax for a double room. ($66.08 for s/o and $71.68 for d/o or $35.84 per person.) The hotel is 20 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the Plaza Las Americas...the largest shopping area in Cancun.

Please let us know if you wish to use the group hotel or book your own reservations. As always we will help with rooming for the last night for anyone that wishes a roomie and is planning on staying.[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Haven't I already paid you for this?

#416 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:00 AM

Rodney we are finalizing all pricing for everyone. I'm sure you have paid but we are still trying to get everything squared away. Please bear with us. kamala

formerly...

#417 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:01 AM

These towels are great!!! I got one from WW in Bonaire last year and I don't leave home without it! it packs very small, soaks up water like a sponge and dries quickly. And it's an awesome piece of got-to-have SD gear :-D

I will agree with Jerry on the towels. These towels are a lifesaver for me at work and while traveling. Even with the larger towels (54x72) they pack up small and fit in a corner of a bag or backpack. At work I can be soaking wet and be totally dry in about 30 seconds , and the towel still could pick up more water, then i can hang it up and within a hour its totally dry, even less time on a dive boat or in the sun.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#418 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:00 AM

p.s. I have room to carry a few to Mexico if you want them. Just let us know in the mircofiber towel thread HERE . :thankyou:[/b][/size][/color]

Kamala,

Can you bring me one of the XL micro terry towels?

Do you want me to pay via the gateway or bring you the cash?

Thanks

#419 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:46 PM

p.s. I have room to carry a few to Mexico if you want them. Just let us know in the mircofiber towel thread HERE . :thankyou:[/b][/size][/color]

Kamala,

Can you bring me one of the XL micro terry towels?

Do you want me to pay via the gateway or bring you the cash?

Thanks

You can bring the cash. Do you want the terry towel (only in dark blue) or the suede towel in blue/green/brown? My guess is the terry but just want to be sure! Cool! k

p.s. also post in the thread that I linked too as that is my order thread! Cool! k

formerly...

#420 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

I want the terry towel and dark blue is perfect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users