• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

GEAR BAG

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 12 February 2010 - 01:32 AM

I am a Dive Caddy girl!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#17 Rocky_B

Rocky_B

Getting started

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech
  • Logged Dives:110

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

I dont have a "dive bag" so to speak. I do greatly support equal rights. Since I help carry in the groceries and allways hold the door open, I think the women should help carry my dive gear. I know WW carries OTW's all the time because he's the one that told me so.

#18 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:50 PM

I am a Dive Caddy girl!

MMMMM, Are you Union? & Do you bring Beverages??
LOL
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#19 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

I'm searching for a new gear bag too, since the wheels on mine were not-so-lovingly handled by Continental on the Bonaire trip, and I just found this great informative article on gear bags, their construction, explanations of different zipper & material choices, etc. and thought I'd share it.

http://www.armorbags...zingquality.htm
Posted Image

#20 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:00 PM

I use a wheeled duffel from REI. Durable and doesn't stand out like a bag full of dive gear. I have the wheely beast and if you are an REI member they have a 20% off coupon on their website good through April 18th.

#21 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

I'm searching for a new gear bag too, since the wheels on mine were not-so-lovingly handled by Continental on the Bonaire trip, and I just found this great informative article on gear bags, their construction, explanations of different zipper & material choices, etc. and thought I'd share it.

http://www.armorbags...zingquality.htm

TAMMY ,That's why you're an ANGEL.Thats exactly what I was looking for.LOADS OF Information
Posted Image Thank's :lmao:
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#22 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:38 PM

I am a Dive Caddy girl!

LDS what's $230 for the Dive Caddy and NO WHEELS. Looks like a lot of compression straps and such and still may not fit into the American Airlines Size Wise gauge ( a real joke by AA, definitaly undersized from overhead compartments in both 737 & 757 ).
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#23 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

I use a plain ole wheeled suitcase, the kind with the extendable handle. I paid $39 for it and it has been all over the world for the last 8 years. Never gets a second glance by TSA and no one would think that there was anything of value in it. My fins fit perfectly as does my BCD. The nice thing is, I can also pack some clothes in it if need be. Generally stuffed full it comes in about a lb under the weight limit. Last year when I flew to Australia and PNG I was at the only one that did not get pulled for weight at the ariport. For $39 bucks I could replace it every year and feel good about it. No need after many many international trips.

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#24 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:13 PM

I am a Dive Caddy girl!

LDS what's $230 for the Dive Caddy and NO WHEELS. Looks like a lot of compression straps and such and still may not fit into the American Airlines Size Wise gauge ( a real joke by AA, definitaly undersized from overhead compartments in both 737 & 757 ).

I know what you mean I beat a gate agent at there own game when i pulled out the tape measure and measured the rack and it was narrower(2" on each dimension) then the limits posted on the website. I did this after she wanted to force a gate check, while allowing bags much larger through that i pointed out and took pictures of said bags. Havent had a problem since atleast on flights using wide body (2 aisle) aircraft.

Edited by Scubatooth, 25 March 2010 - 09:14 PM.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users