• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The NEW YEAR's HEALTH CHALLENGE STARTS.....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:13 PM

Hey gang...like many things in life we get a late start or bumpy start (or we lose all our work and don't have time to recreate it until a month later...) :thankyou:

so....

The NEW New Year's Health Challenge will start Feb 1st!

Here are the ground rules.

1. Anyone may participate and everyone is encouraged to do so.

2. A special private forum will be created for those desiring a more personalized program. The special forum will protect your privacy and those joining you in the more personalize challenge and it will also protect the information being shared.

3. This thread will be open to the general public and will contain hints on how to stick with your resolutions, how to better accomplish overall health and fitness for the year and for many this will be enough. For those who want a more indepth and private/personalize program you will need to opt for the private forum route.

4. Any member can share in this thread and we encourage you to do so.

5. Full respect for the efforts of those participating and those sharing is not only expected but required. Anyone not adhering to this requirement will not be allowed to participate.

6. As with most things in life....that which we MEASURE...IMPROVES. So we will need a starting point, an end goal and we will benchmark along the way.

7. 97% of people's goals are never accomplished because they are too vague, they are not measurable or they are not written down. 97%. So in order for us to be successful we will need to write our health and nutrition goals down. We will need to slice them into manageable clearly definable chunks and we will need to set indicators/benchmarks that we can measure against.

8. It takes 21 days for any action to become a habit. Therefore you will need to commit to yourself that you will stick with any course of action you choose for at least 21 days until it becomes a habit.

9. People rarely succeed with a new endeavor unless they tell others about it, set realistic goals and time frames for success and they have a very substantial reason to NOT FAIL. For most of us money is the primary reason we will not fail...tell enough people you have a goal of accomplishing 'x' and you will pay yourself or someone else if you fail 'y' amount of money and most people will succeed in whatever the 'z' endeavor was. We will also be using this technique to help us succeed.

10. Try Try Try again. This is NOT a 'one slip' = 'failure' endeavor. This will be a lifelong journey that starts Feb 1st (our new Jan 1st.) :teeth: It will be a journey that you will stop and start a number of times along the way. It will be a journey that you will enjoy and hate at the same time. It will be the final journey for many of us if we wish it to be to greater health and nutrition and fitness. Each are tied and related to one another. This will indeed be a great journey and I am glad that I will be making this journey and I am glad that I will be making it with my friends.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:16 PM

Awesome!!

Thanks for putting all the work into this twice. :teeth:
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:18 PM

STEP ONE:

Ok gang...its time to make a LIST of your health and nutrition and fitness goals for 2010. Start compiling this list if you have not done so already!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:27 PM

STEP ONE:

Ok gang...its time to make a LIST of your health and nutrition and fitness goals for 2010. Start compiling this list if you have not done so already!

Is this to be posted here or do we wait for the private forum?

PPM
gimp.gif

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:27 PM

Wait until you decide if you are going to do the private forum or the public forum route. Then post here if doing the public forum or there if doing the private forum.

You will know in the next day or so which forum you wish to post in based upon the info I'll be posting during this timeframe. Kamala

formerly...

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:46 PM

Step Two:

#2. Decide if you want to participate in the private or public only version of this challenge.

This decision will be comprised of several factors for you to consider. Here is one of them.

Many of you know my day job is a nutritionist. Sadly two things have prevented me from continuing in that endeavor full time.

1. It interferes with diving! :birthday:
2. You reach a point where you realize that 99% of the things that will make someone healthy do not come from a pill/potent/formulation/drink/powder etc. that fill the shelves at GNC, health food stores, drug stores, etc. You also realize that the real things that make people healthy are NOT made by 'man' and can easily be found in the grocery store or in their gardens or farmer's markets. They do not have to be in a bottle and truthfully with ONE exception...if they are in a pill bottle you should be concerned about them. Basically you reach a point where you realize that TRUE HEALTH comes from information that you then incorporate into your life. It does not come from buying this supplement and that vitamin. So in the end I realized that I could only sell 'knowledge' and truthfully most people do not want 'knowledge'. Why? Well its much easier to take some exotic formulation from the Amazon that has been recently discovered and hope you'll lose the weight you want to lose or improve your health. Taking the 'silver bullet pill' is the way most of us want to improve our health. Its easy...since its NEW we can't be responsible for not doing it already and well frankly...its sexy. Huh??? Yes its sexy! If you can barely say the name of the product and no one's heard about it but its reported to make you younger, prevent cancer, lose weight etc. then you'll be the envy of your friends when YOU succeed and they fail.

But knowledge...stuff you've heard before maybe a million times...that's not sexy...heck that's downright boring. But good health is NOT about a pill. Its not about a supplement. Its not about some exotic potent from the Amazon. Its not about anything man makes...its about the things that nature/god makes. And its about RE-LEARNING this knowledge. Correct....RE-LEARNING IT. We've either known it or our grandparents knew it...now its time for us to learn it again.

So at the end of the day...my practice has been reduced to selling my clients information and knowledge and sadly most people will not pay for it. Yet if I don't charge for it...how do I make a living as a nutritionist now I've had my paradigm shift from testing...recommending this vitamin and that vitamin you are deficit in and then retesting and then more of the same. This is a DANGEROUS RAT RACE and it does not work. Therefore I had to stop this form of practice and instead educate people in HOW to be healthy...truly healthy. And from there...how to improve your fitness and well being.

Ok here comes the REALLY blasphemy part...

SUPPLEMENTS...PILLS...VITAMINS...POTENTS...POWDERS...FORMULATIONS etc. DO NOT WORK.

How do I know? Simply this....

The nutritional supplement market in the US is a multi-BILLION dollar industry. In fact America spends far more than any other country in the world on nutritional supplements. So if these supplements were successful and this approach were correct...Americans would the HEALTHIEST people in the world.

Would anyone agree that American's are the healthiest people in the world???

Actually there are many second world countries and some third world countries that are healthier than we are. And all other first world countries are healthier UNLESS they have adopted the SAD diet. (Standard American Diet.) Why? Because they eat REAL FOODS. Not boxed, not processed, not fake, not instant...but REAL FOOD.

And you can too.

Yeah...Yeah...I know. You are busy. You are living in the middle of city. Or you are living in the middle of nowhere. You are tired. You work too many hours.

Trust me...I know ALL the reasons people put off eating right and eating well. But the truth is...they are NOT knowledgeable. If they were they could easily and simply improve their health using REAL FOOD and travel the world going diving...work all hours of the night and day and live in the middle of nowhere...(or live in a big city) and be healthier than people half their age. How do I know this? Because I've done it and I can show you how to do it too.

Stay tuned for more information on how. -ww

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users