• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Mediterranean Diving

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Drgnfiend

Drgnfiend

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Cert Level:Assistant Instructor
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:01 PM

In a week's time I'll technically no longer qualify for singledivers, my girlfriend gets her Basic Open Water cert over Valentine's day. I've always gotten good information from here in the past however, so I'm coming to SD for advice. The two of us have booked a Mediterranean Cruise in April of this year and I'm curious what diving options I'll have at the various ports we're stopping at. All of my dive experience is Caribbean, and I've never even contemplated a trip across the pond, so I have no knowledge of what the diving is like over there. My initial plan was to just rely on the SCUBA excursions that the cruise offered, but it turns out they don't have any. I've listed the ports below as well as the time we have in each. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. I'm NAUI Rescue certified with a little over 80 dives, but she'll just have her BOW check out dives under her belt.

Dubrovnik, Croatia: 10:30am - 6:30pm, Docked
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey: 8:00am - 6:00pm, Docked
Santorini, Greece: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Tendered
Corfu, Greece: 1:00 PM - 8:30 PM, Docked

As she's still getting into this regardless of the options we won't be diving at all the ports. If any of you have experience diving in any of these destinations I'd love to hear your opinions on which are "better" then the others.

We'll also be spending a couple days in Venice before and after the cruise. I doubt diving will be on the agenda while there, but any info would still be appreciated.

Thanks in advance SD crew.

#2 EuroDiver

EuroDiver

Getting started

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:240

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:22 PM

In a week's time I'll technically no longer qualify for singledivers, my girlfriend gets her Basic Open Water cert over Valentine's day. I've always gotten good information from here in the past however, so I'm coming to SD for advice. The two of us have booked a Mediterranean Cruise in April of this year and I'm curious what diving options I'll have at the various ports we're stopping at. All of my dive experience is Caribbean, and I've never even contemplated a trip across the pond, so I have no knowledge of what the diving is like over there. My initial plan was to just rely on the SCUBA excursions that the cruise offered, but it turns out they don't have any. I've listed the ports below as well as the time we have in each. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated. I'm NAUI Rescue certified with a little over 80 dives, but she'll just have her BOW check out dives under her belt.

As she's still getting into this regardless of the options we won't be diving at all the ports. If any of you have experience diving in any of these destinations I'd love to hear your opinions on which are "better" then the others.

We'll also be spending a couple days in Venice before and after the cruise. I doubt diving will be on the agenda while there, but any info would still be appreciated.

#3 EuroDiver

EuroDiver

Getting started

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:240

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:30 PM

I have benn Diving in Croatia, the last being in May 2009. Just a couple of things you should know it is ALWAYS COLD water diving min 5MM, the bast diving will be off shore on a full day or half day boat dive. The Adriatic Sea is nice place to dive but not the best, if you want to dive while in Dubrovnik try contacting "Blue Planet-Diving http://www.blueplane.../eng/index.html .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users