• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Atlanta Happy Hour

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

#1 DiveGeek

DiveGeek

Special Projects Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Board Status:Getting back into the swing of things
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, IANTD Normoxic Trimix Diver
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:13 PM

Atlanta Happy Hour

When: Saturday, April 17th
Where: Dave & Buster's Marietta (Map)
Time: 7:00 PM

Maybe this time we won't have such scary weather . . . :)

Who will be there:

1. Mark aka DiveGeek
2. JimG aka JimG
3. Debs aka Debs
4. Brad aka dive_sail_etc
5. Kamala aka WreckWench
6. Bill aka OTWDiver
7. Dean aka Scuba-Doo2
8. Cindi aka scubagoddess
9. Tammy aka Landlocked Dive Nut
10. Beth aka Bubbles
11. Ben aka BenP
12. Christine aka scubachristine
13. Matt aka Rumblebee
14. Rachel aka Rachel
"When you shoot underwater, you have limited time, subject matter that rarely sits still, let alone cooperates, and exposure that changes moment to moment. It's a place where you have to constantly wrangle light, composition, subject and depth, and then find a way to be creative." - Eric Cheng

#2 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:14 PM

Where: Dave & Buster's Marietta

I'm teaching a class that day, but can probably be there around 8:00-8:30. I will not be relying on MARTA, so maybe I will actually make it this time.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#3 Debs

Debs

Getting started

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Studying Master
  • Logged Dives:80+

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

Atlanta Happy Hour

Who will be there:

1. Mark aka DiveGeek

Gosh, perhaps I will be able to make it this time! I was well and truly snowed in over the weekend that the last one was organized for ... :)

I will put this on my calendar and plan to attend!
Cheers!

Debs

#4 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:13 PM

Atlanta Happy Hour

Who will be there:
1. Mark aka DiveGeek

Gosh, perhaps I will be able to make it this time! I was well and truly snowed in over the weekend that the last one was organized for ... :bye:

If you plan to drive over from TN via I-75 Debs, this is actually an advantage; Marietta is on "your" side of the big "A". :)
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#5 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:20 PM

...as for me, I am still struggling to scrape up enough Obama Bucks for the Mayaguana liveaboard adventure. :bye: If I manage to make that trip it then means my return flight 17 April would likely not reach Atlanta in time to make the HH. :) At least I would be driving from the airport and thus avoiding Marta's propensity for Saturday evening mishaps. :) Will have to see how the flight shakes out, but would enjoy attending if I can make it work.
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#6 Debs

Debs

Getting started

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Studying Master
  • Logged Dives:80+

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:20 PM

Atlanta Happy Hour

Maybe this time we won't have such scary weather . . . :teeth:
Who will be there:
1. Mark aka DiveGeek

Gosh, perhaps I will be able to make it this time! I was well and truly snowed in over the weekend that the last one was organized for ... :lmao:

If you plan to drive over from TN via I-75 Debs, this is actually an advantage; Marietta is on "your" side of the big "A". :birthday:

Yes, it's been a while since I have visited Atlanta so I had forgotten that is actually closer to me ... Good deal!

I have been trying to figure out if I could afford that live-aboard too. Unfortunately I am still waiting for the final bill on my car that has been in "dry dock" since November ... Hope you can make both the trip and the HH! :)
Cheers!

Debs

#7 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:40 PM

Just kickin' this back into play; if I find a little time I will try to cobble together another regional email blast a-la' LLDN! :)

Oh, and it now appears the Tax Man will be gobbling up the money I had been holding in reserve, so I will have to reluctantly resign myself to missing Mayaguana (at least with SD this year). :blond: The silver lining is now I can easily confirm for 17 April in Atlanta! :cool1: I'll sign myself up on the top post.

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:50 PM

Is this near the airport? I'm relying on OTWDiver to drive us there from the Mayaguana trip. He won't be on it but will be picking me up. So I hope to be there at some point in time! (At least that is what I think Mark and I worked out!) :blond:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#9 DiveGeek

DiveGeek

Special Projects Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:40 PM

Is this near the airport? I'm relying on OTWDiver to drive us there from the Mayaguana trip.

If Bill doesn't know where it is, I can help him out there. And if you happen to bump into Brad while at the airport, bring him along, will ya?
"When you shoot underwater, you have limited time, subject matter that rarely sits still, let alone cooperates, and exposure that changes moment to moment. It's a place where you have to constantly wrangle light, composition, subject and depth, and then find a way to be creative." - Eric Cheng

#10 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:48 PM

Is this near the airport?

No, it's on the northwest side of town, on I-75 just outside I-285 - about 30 miles from the Atlanta airport.

Note - DO NOT use Google Maps to try and find this place. It is WAY off. The Expedia link that Mark posted shows the correct location, as does Bing.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#11 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:22 PM

Is this near the airport? I'm relying on OTWDiver to drive us there from the Mayaguana trip. He won't be on it but will be picking me up. So I hope to be there at some point in time! (At least that is what I think Mark and I worked out!) :smile:

I'm taking this to mean we can reasonably expect you and Bill to arrive at the HH eventually. (It will be good to see Bill again, he was a great host at the the SC HH back in May 2009!) :blond: I'll add you guys to the top post, and will put out an email blast soon.

#12 DiveGeek

DiveGeek

Special Projects Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:02 PM

Just a bump to get it on everyone's radar again. We had good response to the January HH, then the crappy weather scared everyone off. While I can't promise better weather, I sure hope that we won't have snow and ice in April (I, for one, have had about enough of this cold weather).

Mark

#13 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:23 PM

I have not forgotten about the promised email invitation blast; just thinking the first week of March is an optimal amount of lead time. :thankyou:

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:07 PM

Is this near the airport? I'm relying on OTWDiver to drive us there from the Mayaguana trip. He won't be on it but will be picking me up. So I hope to be there at some point in time! (At least that is what I think Mark and I worked out!) :smile:

I'm taking this to mean we can reasonably expect you and Bill to arrive at the HH eventually. (It will be good to see Bill again, he was a great host at the the SC HH back in May 2009!) :iagree: I'll add you guys to the top post, and will put out an email blast soon.

Well the plan is for him to pick me up...it could be another member of the tribe so not sure but I'll get there somehow...just make sure you all have your phones on! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:15 PM

Quick Update:

I arrive in Atlanta at 3:30pm! So I should be EARLY to the HH unless we stop at Frys or someplace else concrete that the metropolitan area of Salem, SC does not offer! :iagree:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users