• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Delray Beach HH Feb 19th @ Bostons 7pm to ???

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:01 PM

Here's the scoop on the Happy Hour! :thankyou:

We will meet on Friday Feb 19th at Bostons in Delray Beach.

I'm thinking 7pm would be good time to meet for those driving in and for those planning to dive either Friday or getting up early to dive Saturday. Any other thoughts? I will wait to make a reservation depending on how many people decide to join us.

THOSE COMING:

Larry aka Orcaman
Liz aka Liz
Marty aka justscuba
Gabe aka divergabe (is that correct?)
Cindi aka Scubagoddess

THOSE HOPING TO COME:

Deb aka Divingdeb
Holly aka a_fl_mermaid
Lisa aka H2Oaddict
Barb aka diverbabs

pMarie, Racer184, are either of you planning to join us? Anyone else? Where's Sam? Hey Beachjunkie!!!!!!!! :P

I will be in Florida on feb 18th and 19th is there a happy hour in Fort Laud or in the vicinity on those dates? Lady Liz

Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#2 justscuba

justscuba

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT, EFR INST,HSAI
  • Logged Dives: about 2250 cert 1973

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:30 PM

I will be in Florida on feb 18th and 19th is there a happy hour in Fort Laud or in the vicinity on those dates? Lady Liz

Hey Liz I will be in FL (fly into Tampa) on the 16 until the 26. Will have my DM with me. We would love to meet for a drink or two. Anyone up for this? Can someone in FL around Ft Laud put something together. There are 3 now for a HH??????

Marty

#3 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 January 2010 - 09:17 PM

Hey Liz I will be in FL (fly into Tampa) on the 16 until the 26. Will have my DM with me. We would love to meet for a drink or two. Anyone up for this? Can someone in FL around Ft Laud put something together. There are 3 now for a HH??????

Marty

Super hope someone will be around...I will be with orcaman Larry ...so someone else around? Lady Liz
Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#4 justscuba

justscuba

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:25 PM

So besides the four of us are we going to have a happy hour eveyone??????? Anyone want to put something in the works that lives over there?

#5 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:09 PM

I'm in for a HH! :P I'll talk with Orcaman and see what he has planned and get back to ya. :lmao:

Oh Mermaid, Babs, Patty.....anyone interested?
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#6 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:06 PM

I'm in for a HH! :respect: I'll talk with Orcaman and see what he has planned and get back to ya. :thankyou:

Oh Mermaid, Babs, Patty.....anyone interested?

I will need to check the calender. Not sure what I have going on at the moment.

Just a inquiry for you Floridian's.Recently caught a article on the Vandenberg Ship that was sunk last May.it is on the east side of Fl,if I recall..Has anyone done that Wreck dive yet??

Vandenburg is down off of Key West. There is a new wreck sunk off of FLL, to save my life tho I cannot remember the name. I think someone on the board here did mention that she dove on it.....

#7 justscuba

justscuba

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:46 PM

Thanks Marie,didn't mean to interupt your HH here or thread.I probably should have posted a separate thread. I'll peak in and see if anyone has any information in the future..A friend of mine lives in The Villages .I think hes near Tampa??Greg

Hey, we alll watch this one since typically we dive and then go for the HH. The two seem to go hand in hand here on Florida. The Villages is near the Ocala area. Kinda the middle north. I will refrain from making any wise cracks about the Villages.... :dancing:

I have no problem doing a dive and then HH. I just need to know when, where, time. you that junk. So do we have a place for diving and HH.....if it is on a boat I need to make plans.

#8 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:45 AM

Ok, I visited with Orcaman (Larry) and he and Liz are planning to hang out in the Delray Beach area which is more convenient for me and for Holly aka a_fl_mermaid as well. And for pMarie if she can join us too...and Babs...well, you get the picture! :dance:

So I think we will plan the HH in this area. There are tons of great places so I will start looking. There is some great diving in this area for those that want to dive....I'm NOT one of them. I prefer the warm water days! :teeth:

Please post if you plan to join so I can get a head count. Thanks. :P

Oh...and if you want to dive, please post that too so I can see how many and call a couple of dive ops to see what they can do for us. Larry probably has some great suggestions as well and may plan to dive too. I'll ask.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#9 justscuba

justscuba

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:32 PM

Sounds good to me. I would like to dive. There are two of us. Myself and Gabe.
What date are we looking at. We will be arriving on the 16th and Gabe leaves on the 21. I am going to stay until the 26th. Looking for a house and looking in different areas.

#10 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 05 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

Plenty of boats around here (Delray Beach).

There is even a beach dive here (Delray Beach). There is a natural wreck about 500 feet off shore. Not much to see, but
it sure is a cheap dive!

The Blue Heron Bridge high -tides are

• Feb 16th 09:31
  • Feb 17th 10:04
  • Feb 18th 10:38
  • Feb 19th 11:14
  • Feb 20th 11:54 Saturday
  • Feb 21th 12:44 Sunday
  • Feb 22nd 13:47
  • Feb 23rd 15:02
  • Feb 24th 16:17
  • Feb 25th 17:24

Some people do 'kayak diving' off of Fort Lauderdale. I would have to ask to find out the exact location(s).

#11 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 09:32 PM

What date are we looking at. We will be arriving on the 16th and Gabe leaves on the 21. I am going to stay until the 26th. Looking for a house and looking in different areas.

I've got an email out to Orcaman regarding the diving and the date for the HH. Once I know both for sure I'll post the dates and a number of a dive op to place reservations with. There are a couple of them close to here that are really great. Or those that want to can drive up to WPB and dive the bridge.

FYI....I am pretty sure that Friday Feb 19th is going to be the night for the HH based on Liz's availability.

Marty, are you planning to move to this area or just looking for a vacation home?

#12 justscuba

justscuba

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 11:28 AM

I've got an email out to Orcaman regarding the diving and the date for the HH. Once I know both for sure I'll post the dates and a number of a dive op to place reservations with. There are a couple of them close to here that are really great. Or those that want to can drive up to WPB and dive the bridge.

FYI....I am pretty sure that Friday Feb 19th is going to be the night for the HH based on Liz's availability.

Marty, are you planning to move to this area or just looking for a vacation home?

I have sold one of my companies and now I am looking at moving out to FL. Looking at the South East section. I will once I am there start a boat cleanning and scuba company. Just need to see what section I want to live in.

#13 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:06 PM

I've heard back from Orcaman and he is not planning to dive either. He also prefers the warmer water. So Marty, please let me know if you need the names and/or numbers of some local dive ops or if you and Gabe would like to research and make your own plans since we all seem to be WWW's down here! :lmao:

As far as the Happy Hour, we are on for Friday evening Feb 19th. Location TBA this week. What time works best for those planning on attending?

Cool :thankyou: that you are looking to move to this area Marty. I certainly have not regretted my move at all! Living in South Florida is like being on vacation all the time!! :teeth:

#14 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1,200+

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:33 PM

Hi, There's an SSI workshop in Miami Friday and Saturday. Would love to shoot up for happy hour depending on what time we get out Friday. No diving Saturday, maybe Sunday ????
Happy Diving, LJMongy

#15 justscuba

justscuba

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:56 PM

I've heard back from Orcaman and he is not planning to dive either. He also prefers the warmer water. So Marty, please let me know if you need the names and/or numbers of some local dive ops or if you and Gabe would like to research and make your own plans since we all seem to be WWW's down here! :lmao:

As far as the Happy Hour, we are on for Friday evening Feb 19th. Location TBA this week. What time works best for those planning on attending?

Cool :teeth: that you are looking to move to this area Marty. I certainly have not regretted my move at all! Living in South Florida is like being on vacation all the time!! :D

I will make diving plans with Gabe. Looks like we will dive in the AM and then drive up from Key Largo and spend the night up there and dive the next day. Gabe will then fly out on that Sunday but I will be there until the next Fri 26. If anyone wants to dive??????/

You know you can dive with us and Swim behind so you will be warm......JK....we don't do that we are goooooood divers...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users