• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Frisco/Dallas Dive Show/HH Report

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:12 PM

:)
Well Fridays show was alittle slim on the turn-out ..I'm sure because of the record snowfall the Dallas area recieved, but there was alot to see and plenty of things to sign-up to win !. I thought the HH turned out really good with alot of the singledivers group showing up to attend just that. As I was leaving early on Saturday I saw alot more divers showing up at the show. Some of the things I found interesting was the SUDS booth.. thats a group of divers that help returning troops from the war recover from the their disabilities thru scubadiving... its was very interesting and one of the most positive uses for scubadiving I have ever seen, then that Silent Diving display with a rebreather.. I was afraid to get to close to the rebreather because I was afraid my CC would fall out of my pocket and I would end-up owning one (which would be nice) except I could buy a house and twenty acres for what they want for one of those rebreathers ! (O Well). OK Ok the Whites new drysuit with the elastic material was a really nice and a smart idea. The SD booth stayed pretty busy and I hope we attracted more members. Just about everyone I talked to about Bonaire and the Buddy Dive Op gave me positive feedback... thats on my bucket list for this year.

So those Divers that where able to make the Show and HH whats your take on those events ?

Curious Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#2 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:20 PM

It was a great show! Saw a few new booths that I hadn't seen at previous dive shows. Met some SD members that I hadn't met before, and caught up with the ones I already know. The SD booth was awesome, as always! My CC card did fall out of my wallet, and I bought one of Pascal Lecocq's prints. It only took me about three years to pick one out!

Check out some pics in the Gallery: TX Dive Show & HH

#3 PilotDiverBrad

PilotDiverBrad

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:21

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:08 PM

OK Ok the Whites new drysuit with the elastic material was a really nice and a smart idea.

I really wanted to make the show but got scheduled out of Dallas. Was supposed to be home Friday but didn't get back until Saturday 8pm. I too saw the White's suits (which have been out since 2007?) while doing my AOW at Off The Wall (That's OTWDiver's shop or Mr. WreckWench depends on how you view the world.) That looks like a really cool idea and most people that bought them love 'em except a few that the suit just didn't quite fit right. I dove wet but both of Bill's sons joined in on the diving and dove with the Whites' suit.

Already budgeting for it....hmmmm April is 3 pay checks and May is Bonus month........maybe..........

#4 scubachick43

scubachick43

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:101

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

The drive into Dallas, Margaret and I just couldn't get over the snow. It was beautiful! I thought the HH was a success! I heard that everyone who was there were all memebers. That isn't quit true. Mark brought a friend (Rocky) who we ar promoting him into SD'ers and his female friend was there with us (Sandy the picture you took with no name that's Rocky and Kat). I believe Rocky will get cert before summer.

I know Mark, Margaret, Rocky and friend Kat had a great time. I TO had a wonderful time seeing those who I meet on my dive trip back in August to the Keys, and meeting new friends that I am sure I will be diving at some point in this journey.

HATS OFF, to everyone with HH, and the Dive Show.

Carolyn

#5 tdtexas

tdtexas

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:152 Bluewater, not counting lake/quarry dives

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:18 PM

Had a great time at the Happy Hour....wish I could have hung around the trade show longer but I did get my appearance in! :lmao:

Tom
Live Life To The Fullest, ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!!!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No, his mind is not for rent to any god or govement. Alway hopeful yet discontent. He knows changes are never permanent, but change is.

N. Peart

#6 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:15 PM

Here is ScubaPunk and Commando Clownfish warming up the crowd at the Dive Show :lmao:

Attached Files

Amazon.com

#7 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:24 PM

Does anyone remember the ScubaToys prize giveaway?

Well, finGrabber won an Atomic SS1 Octo Inflator!!! I never win anything so I had to call Wenchie to rub it in :lmao:

#8 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:37 PM

Way To Go Kimmie :lmao:
How did you win, did they e-mail you, call you or send it by UPS ?

Curious Bubski

Amazon.com

#9 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:07 PM

they sent me an email tonight

#10 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:07 AM

Does anyone remember the ScubaToys prize giveaway?

Well, finGrabber won an Atomic SS1 Octo Inflator!!! I never win anything so I had to call Wenchie to rub it in :D

Congratulations!!! :D

#11 scubachick43

scubachick43

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:101

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:43 PM

they sent me an email tonight

WOOHOO...........

#12 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:20 AM

I found the show to be interesting. I love Scuba Toys, but I would have liked to have seen some of the other dive shops in the DFW area put up booths and run some specials on gear. I realize that trade shows are terribly expensive and maybe the return on the investment didn't or wouldn't justify the expense.(just my 2 psi) Hopefully, they will do the show again next year and our overall economic climate will turn around for an even larger attendance. It was great to see some of my buddies and to meet some new ones!!

Dustbowl Diver
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#13 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

I found the show to be interesting. I love Scuba Toys, but I would have liked to have seen some of the other dive shops in the DFW area put up booths and run some specials on gear. I realize that trade shows are terribly expensive and maybe the return on the investment didn't or wouldn't justify the expense.(just my 2 psi) Hopefully, they will do the show again next year and our overall economic climate will turn around for an even larger attendance. It was great to see some of my buddies and to meet some new ones!!

Dustbowl Diver

DD,
I totaly agree with you, I estimate that there was only 30 booths and the room could have held 90 booths. I was hoping to see more scuba gear displays. All in All I had FUN ! and I am planning to be at next years Tx Dive Show with no hesitation at all. I guess I missed you DD because I left so early on Saturday morning :blond:.

Amazon.com

#14 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:52 PM

Dustbowl Diver

DD,

I totaly agree with you, I estimate that there was only 30 booths and the room could have held 90 booths. I was hoping to see more scuba gear displays. All in All I had FUN ! and I am planning to be at next years Tx Dive Show with no hesitation at all. I guess I missed you DD because I left so early on Saturday morning :blond: .

Boy,Mike you guy's would be in H20 Heaven up here,for the OWUW.The years I've been coming to this,the average # booths I'd say is at least 100 .From soup to nuts :) .From the Pix Scubapunka showed ,looks like a good time was had.Ours looks like a low estimate for the HH.
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#15 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:37 PM

I guess I missed you DD because I left so early on Saturday morning :blond:.

Yep...you missed me too cuz you cruise too early.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users