• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

142 in a single day!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 05 March 2010 - 09:47 AM

About two weeks ago I received a friend request on Facebook from a friend of a friend... someone I actually know face-to-face, and have for some time. This woman is an artist (photographer) and extremely attractive. We got to chatting on Facebook, then moved to e-mail. Topics are wide ranging as she is very well educated (a physician).

Yesterday we had more than a flurry of e-mails, more like a blizzard. She sent at least 142 separate messages over the course of the day, and I responded to each one. We discussed everything from education to cultural differences to sex (discretely of course). Although many of the messages were just one-liners (questions to be responded to), a number were much longer and more involved. It was an interesting day. She frequently says she is strongly attracted to my mind... I guess she lacks a certain amount of intellectual stimulation in her life (refers to it on occasion as boring).

Of course the volume of messages immediately raises my antennae. I've had this happen before (once with a former member here), and not with good results. So, is she crazy... or am I? Looking for a woman's perspective.

#2 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:00 AM

Hi Bill! Not a lot for us to base an opinion on, as we don't know her the way you do. Antennae-raising events are rare (for me, at least), and definitely worth pursuing. Even if nothing romantic develops, you will have developed a deeper friendship (always worthwhile!)

Question is, was she at work while feverishly emailing you, or was it a day off? If she was at work, I would read more into it than if she was at home.....intelligent, hard-working ladies do not typically spend the kind of time you described in a frivolous fashion!
Posted Image

#3 peterbj7

peterbj7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 4000

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:49 AM

I logged into this title because I thought it was talking about 142 dives in a day. Now that would have been something. When I see the gibberish posted on Facebook by many people I know here (I read it occasionally, but I don't contribute), 142 messages in a day sounds quite moderate.

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:44 AM

Of course the volume of messages immediately raises my antennae. I've had this happen before (once with a former member here), and not with good results.

Ssssshhhhh! You were supposed to keep that our deep dark dirty secret! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#5 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:08 PM

Maybe she really likes you or maybe she is nuts. The only way to know, is to continue.

"Yesterday we had more than a flurry of e-mails, more like a blizzard. She sent at least 142 separate messages over the course of the day, and I responded to each one."

Of course do not dismiss the fact that you replied to each one of her messages, maybe she is wondering if you are the one that is nuts.

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#6 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:07 PM

So, is she crazy... or am I? Looking for a woman's perspective.

Hmmm, those aren't mutually exclusive options. You could BOTH be crazy. :thankyou:

I think you can only go by your own intuition. If it seems off to you then it probably is. Like Keith (MNJoe) said though, there's only one way to find out. Even if it takes a turn for the worse it could be a grand adventure.

It's very cute that you counted the number of emails. :birthday:

Edited by lynnlchan, 05 March 2010 - 04:07 PM.

Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#7 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:19 AM

It's call flirting :wakawaka:

#8 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:39 AM

Hmmmm. I don't know. 142 messages in one day WOULD concern me somewhat and raise my antennae too. That is a lot. 10-20 messages a day can be considered flirting. 142??? I would question that too. At that point, why not just pick up the phone and chat. That is a lot more personal AND quicker. If she is sending you that many messages in a day, surely she would trust you with her cell number???

And my 2 cents, as a physician myself..... if she has that much time (if it was during working hours), I hope she is on vacation... otherwise she would be one distracted doctor.

But... as everyone says, you won't know unless you venture further. So do so, with the antennae raised high, waving and testing the air very delicately and carefully LOL.

Good luck.

Rosa

(BTW, no, I am not an insomniac. Had surgery today, and after sleeping off most of the anesthesia all day am now wide awake!!! LOL)

#9 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:01 AM

Isn't that why they have a chat feature?????? :wakawaka:

I'm just saying..........
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#10 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:23 AM

Bill,IMHO I think "something" might be tapping you on your shoulder.you did say she has a GOOD EYE for photography.Does she Dive?Maybe there is a common ground there?Has she contacted you back since the flames were set?As the woman have said here,see where it goes with caution....
And on another note, like Peter,I thought maybe you had captured 142 fish or plankton of a different species or something.Good Luck Dr.
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#11 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:48 AM

Flirting yes. And indeed I responded to almost every message. Last night we used Skype... both of us felt it was much more efficient than exchanging one to two sentence replies to each e-mail. We were on for over three hours. Watched one of her favorite movies (me at my place, she at hers), then talked about the movie and a host of other subjects. She likes my brain. Wherever it leads, it was fun to communicate and laugh with an interesting woman. She wasn't at work and no longer practices medicine... she's now a photographer. And I am an adventurous type. She is afraid of water... which may be one reason she is intrigued by my background as a marine biologist.

Edited by drbill, 06 March 2010 - 10:49 AM.

#12 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:08 AM

All right "Doc" inquiring minds want to know....did you ask her out? :wakawaka:

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#13 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:37 PM

Ahhh, young love. :cloud9: So romantic at any age. :D

How far away from you does she live? When a man talks he becomes either far more or far less attractive. I've met gorgeous men that would have been better off never talking and very average looking men who became stunning to me after an hour of conversation. I'm not the least bit surprised she's attracted to your mind. I've never met you and I'm sure you have a lot of fine features. From the boards, I can assure you she's not the only one that thinks your brain is hot. Besides, we've seen the pictures.

For the record, I never suggested proceeding with caution. :teeth:
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#14 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:58 PM

When a man talks he becomes either far more or far less attractive. I've met gorgeous men that would have been better off never talking and very average looking men who became stunning to me after an hour of conversation.

So true :cloud9: . Had to chuckle at this. Pity it does not work the other way around for most men. Different wiring and all....

#15 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 04:00 PM

Flirting yes. And indeed I responded to almost every message. Last night we used Skype... both of us felt it was much more efficient than exchanging one to two sentence replies to each e-mail. We were on for over three hours. Watched one of her favorite movies (me at my place, she at hers), then talked about the movie and a host of other subjects. She likes my brain. Wherever it leads, it was fun to communicate and laugh with an interesting woman. She wasn't at work and no longer practices medicine... she's now a photographer. And I am an adventurous type. She is afraid of water... which may be one reason she is intrigued by my background as a marine biologist.

Well it sounds like you had a great evening and TALKED. I always feel that is a better way to figure someone out. Hope things continue to go well. Hopefully there is not too much of a geographical challenge!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users