• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Discussion Only: Maldives Nov 6-13, 2010 only $1795 or $1595

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#46 susiq

susiq

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:49 PM

I see you've got me on the 7 day option..... I might go up to the 10 day option depending on how logiitcs work out....

Thanks for all the work you're doing to set this up! Whew! :evilgrin:

S
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#47 peterbj7

peterbj7

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 4000

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:24 PM

If money works out, and I'm cautiously hopeful that it might, then I'd be interested in this trip as my first SD trip! I did a 10-day liveaboard around South Male atoll years ago and still think it's the best diving I've ever done. Where will this boat depart from and what will be the itinerary? And will there be a separate dory for the compressor, as is quite common in the Maldives? Means that they take the compressor a mile away during meals, so there's no noise on board.

#48 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:24 PM

If money works out, and I'm cautiously hopeful that it might, then I'd be interested in this trip as my first SD trip! I did a 10-day liveaboard around South Male atoll years ago and still think it's the best diving I've ever done. Where will this boat depart from and what will be the itinerary? And will there be a separate dory for the compressor, as is quite common in the Maldives? Means that they take the compressor a mile away during meals, so there's no noise on board.

Peter it would be great to have you join us! Although when you join us in Ambergris its almost like having you on the trip! :evilgrin:

I will the details you request! k

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#49 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:18 AM

Peter it would be great to have you join us! Although when you join us in Ambergris its almost like having you on the trip! ;)

I will the details you request! k

I would be interested to do the second week too since it takes so many hours to get there!!! Thanks for the super organisation Kamala! Lady Liz
Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#50 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

I would be interested to do the second week too since it takes so many hours to get there!!! Thanks for the super organisation Kamala! Lady Liz

Excellent! We might make the 10 mark after all! And while a second week was not initially my idea...I have been known to 'steal' with pride! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#51 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:34 PM

Here is the official reply:

Hi Kamala, most all departures, as will be this one, will be PM from Male,
or possibly next morning after all arrivals...into the night is OK. Return
AM last day Male. Yes compressors on Dhoni running in tandem and away from
Fathima typically for all charging.

Additional Clarification Received:

More simply- arrivals any time 6Nov, into the early AM 7th...however if all
arrive by 3P on a charter then they can motor out first night...

Edited by WreckWench, 22 March 2010 - 05:49 PM.

formerly...

#52 deb4diving

deb4diving

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / speciality certs
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:45 AM

Kamala, put me on the list. do you know the water temps at that time.
thanks, Debra

#53 deb4diving

deb4diving

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:48 AM

Kamala,
I really want to do this trip. Is it possible to add on seeing the Taj Mahal? Only thing I would be interested in seeing if I am not diving. Thanks, have a nice day, chez.
Debra

#54 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 05:07 AM

India is certainly a great 3 day option and usually put on BEFORE departing on the boat to make sure everyone gets gear etc. Since I will barely be able to arrive in time to do the trip would you want it before the trip on your own or after as part of the group? Not sure I can make it after either but I will try. I am sandwiched between one trip and DEMA our only industry tradeshow. -ww

formerly...

#55 deb4diving

deb4diving

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:10 AM

Either way-would like to do it with someone in group if possible. I would need the dates, so I can ask for the time off as soon as you know. Thx, which you could make it.
Deb :lmao:

India is certainly a great 3 day option and usually put on BEFORE departing on the boat to make sure everyone gets gear etc. Since I will barely be able to arrive in time to do the trip would you want it before the trip on your own or after as part of the group? Not sure I can make it after either but I will try. I am sandwiched between one trip and DEMA our only industry tradeshow. -ww

#56 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:37 AM

Hey gang...I have been working on an air contract that will let us use the core part of the trip i.e. 1 day before the trip and the trip so an 8 night option as the core airfare. We are then looking at the following add-on's:

1. 2nd week of diving in Maldives
2. 3 day extension for sightseeing to India for example.

I am pretty confident we can make it work out even if its not 100% ideal. Ideal would be to do 3 days before the trip optional sightseeing then the liveaboard and then the 2nd week for those wanting to dive more.

Currently here are the limitations I am encountering for these options:

1. Sightseeing is more ideal before the trip to ensure your bags arrive etc. However very rarely do people actually miss flights and/or lose bags so while ideal to offer it before the trip the downside is we can't get a group air contract since we'd have people arriving early. So what we are trying to structure is everyone arriving on the same flight but departing different days i.e. after the dive trip, after a 3 day touring extension or after the 2nd week of diving.

2. Now some limitations on the 2nd week of diving. The normal price is $1795 and if we fill the first week we'll get it for $1595 which I am confident we'll be able to do. However the 2nd week will be $1795 unless we fill the first week AND get 10+ people and if we get at least 10 to do the 2nd week then we can get it again for $1595. (Techincally $1645 but I've convinced the boat to give us another $50 off if we fill the first week AND get 10 or more the 2nd week.)

HEREIN LIES ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY....we can offer the 2nd week as a standalone option for anyone who only wants to do the 2nd week thereby increasing our chances of getting 10+ people. The only caveat is I will not be on the boat for the 2nd week. I will be at DEMA our industry tradeshow.

So if you think these options still look good I'll have them ironed out asap and I need your input so I can finalize everything.

OPTIONS WE ARE WORKING ON:

1. Set up central air contract from one port (most likely LAX due to extra savings from this departure city AND better routings and MORE add-on air options) for everyone to depart the US together except those only doing the 2nd week. This will qualify us for the savings which I'll have all the details locked in, in the next day or so.

2. Set up one or more tour options to include India as a 3 day pkg you can do after the main week of diving. (This will still be covered by the air contract as ONLY the US departure date needs to be the same.)

3. Set up a 2nd week of diving on the boat which currently will be $1795 (or $1595 if we get 10+people on it) and allow members to only join us for the 2nd week if that fits their schedule better so we can work to get 16 on the first week and 10+ on the 2nd week.

formerly...

#57 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:46 PM

Hey gang...I have been working on an air contract that will let us use the core part of the trip i.e. 1 day before the trip and the trip so an 8 night option as the core airfare. We are then looking at the following add-on's:

I am pretty confident we can make it work out even if its not 100% ideal. Ideal would be to do 3 days before the trip optional sightseeing then the liveaboard and then the 2nd week for those wanting to dive more.

1. Sightseeing is more ideal before the trip to ensure your bags arrive etc. However very rarely do people actually miss flights and/or lose bags so while ideal to offer it before the trip the downside is we can't get a group air contract since we'd have people arriving early. So what we are trying to structure is everyone arriving on the same flight but departing different days i.e. after the dive trip, after a 3 day touring extension or after the 2nd week of diving.

2. Now some limitations on the 2nd week of diving. The normal price is $1795 and if we fill the first week we'll get it for $1595 which I am confident we'll be able to do. However the 2nd week will be $1795 unless we fill the first week AND get 10+ people and if we get at least 10 to do the 2nd week then we can get it again for $1595. (Techincally $1645 but I've convinced the boat to give us another $50 off if we fill the first week AND get 10 or more the 2nd week.)
It all seems interesting.I think departing as a group was always a winner in the past... and I obviously vote for LAX sice it would give a good excuse to spend a few days with my daughter ...Thanks for the hard work Lady Liz

HEREIN LIES ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY....we can offer the 2nd week as a standalone option for anyone who only wants to do the 2nd week thereby increasing our chances of getting 10+ people. The only caveat is I will not be on the boat for the 2nd week. I will be at DEMA our industry tradeshow.

So if you think these options still look good I'll have them ironed out asap and I need your input so I can finalize everything.

1. Set up central air contract from one port (most likely LAX due to extra savings from this departure city AND better routings and MORE add-on air options) for everyone to depart the US together except those only doing the 2nd week. This will qualify us for the savings which I'll have all the details locked in, in the next day or so.

2. Set up one or more tour options to include India as a 3 day pkg you can do after the main week of diving. (This will still be covered by the air contract as ONLY the US departure date needs to be the same.)

3. Set up a 2nd week of diving on the boat which currently will be $1795 (or $1595 if we get 10+people on it) and allow members to only join us for the 2nd week if that fits their schedule better so we can work to get 16 on the first week and 10+ on the 2nd week.

Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#58 deb4diving

deb4diving

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:10 PM

Kamala,
I would like to do the 1wk diving & the 3 day tour, if possible.
Thx, Debra

It all seems interesting.I think departing as a group was always a winner in the past... and I obviously vote for LAX sice it would give a good excuse to spend a few days with my daughter ...Thanks for the hard work Lady Liz

#59 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Enriched Air

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:25 PM

3. ...

Hi Kamala,
Thank you for your hard work on this trip. :lmao:
I will choose #1.
I might also add #2 if it fits my budget -also depend on total cost - but that is a big IF. :diver:

#60 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Enriched Air

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

Hi Lady Liz,

Glad to see you on this thread, uh, trip. :lmao:

Did you just copy WW's post without adding your preference? :diver:

0 user(s) are reading this topic