• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Discussion Only: Maldives Nov 6-13, 2010 only $1795 or $1595

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#61 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:21 PM

OPTIONS WE ARE WORKING ON:

1. Set up central air contract from one port (most likely LAX due to extra savings from this departure city AND better routings and MORE add-on air options) for everyone to depart the US together except those only doing the 2nd week. This will qualify us for the savings which I'll have all the details locked in, in the next day or so.

2. Set up one or more tour options to include India as a 3 day pkg you can do after the main week of diving. (This will still be covered by the air contract as ONLY the US departure date needs to be the same.)

3. Set up a 2nd week of diving on the boat which currently will be $1795 (or $1595 if we get 10+people on it) and allow members to only join us for the 2nd week if that fits their schedule better so we can work to get 16 on the first week and 10+ on the 2nd week.

[/quote]

Hello Kamala,

I just did a quick search, and found cheaper air from JFK, along with 2 hours less travel time. That was just based on an Orbitz search to MLE from both JFK and LAX. Being from the East coast, I would not want to have to spend the time to get to LAX prior to starting this trip. Not knowing your situation with putting these trips together, nor knowing the percentage of people departing each coast, or from somewhere in the middle, are there options of flying from NY, if the masses depart from LAX? Thanks. Ed

#62 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:38 PM

I wouldn't mind diving for another week in the Maldives, if there are enough people interested. And I certainly wouldn't mind laying over for another week or 10 days of diving around Lembeh, Phillipines, or other destination; which would be dictated by where the scheduled stopover is.

Bill

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#63 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:57 PM

OPTIONS WE ARE WORKING ON:

1. Set up central air contract from one port (most likely LAX due to extra savings from this departure city AND better routings and MORE add-on air options) for everyone to depart the US together except those only doing the 2nd week. This will qualify us for the savings which I'll have all the details locked in, in the next day or so.

2. Set up one or more tour options to include India as a 3 day pkg you can do after the main week of diving. (This will still be covered by the air contract as ONLY the US departure date needs to be the same.)

3. Set up a 2nd week of diving on the boat which currently will be $1795 (or $1595 if we get 10+people on it) and allow members to only join us for the 2nd week if that fits their schedule better so we can work to get 16 on the first week and 10+ on the 2nd week.

Hello Kamala,

I just did a quick search, and found cheaper air from JFK, along with 2 hours less travel time. That was just based on an Orbitz search to MLE from both JFK and LAX. Being from the East coast, I would not want to have to spend the time to get to LAX prior to starting this trip. Not knowing your situation with putting these trips together, nor knowing the percentage of people departing each coast, or from somewhere in the middle, are there options of flying from NY, if the masses depart from LAX? Thanks. Ed

Ed the secret is that the CONTRACT air will be less going via LAX. However you can opt to do your own thing...just won't be under the umbrella of the group. And the contract options on Singapore Air ARE better via the West Coast for most. Again I will have these in the next few days and a day or so after that to sanity check to what members can find on their own before we lock anything in. Most will be coming via the mid or west coast so also take into consideration them getting to the East Coast without laying over the day before as well as losing a night on the return.

I will show BOTH options so people can see the benefits to choosing the LAX option for the group flight.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#64 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

Ed the secret is that the CONTRACT air will be less going via LAX. However you can opt to do your own thing...just won't be under the umbrella of the group. And the contract options on Singapore Air ARE better via the West Coast for most. Again I will have these in the next few days and a day or so after that to sanity check to what members can find on their own before we lock anything in. Most will be coming via the mid or west coast so also take into consideration them getting to the East Coast without laying over the day before as well as losing a night on the return.

I will show BOTH options so people can see the benefits to choosing the LAX option for the group flight.

That is pretty much what I expected for an answer. I just wanted to make sure that I would not effect the whole group, if I opt for a different flight schedule. I am more concerned with travel times than a few hundred dollars, when looking at a trip like this. My back is never happy in airports or airplanes, and the thought of adding a flight from Savannah to LAX prior to the flight to Male, is not appealing. Just looking at options and getting a better understanding. Thanks. Ed

#65 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:58 PM

No worries...at least I hope we don't have to have everyone on the contract to participate. I did not get that impression however I'll only be able to allow 1 or 2 at most to do their own thing or it will preclude the others from using the contract.

I have the routings for both ways...and we should have BETTER routings via LAX both ways...

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#66 jannacha

jannacha

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Just got recertified with Scuba Toys - last dive was 15 yrs ago
  • Logged Dives:+90 (15 yrs ago)

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:27 PM

:cool1: I am sooo jealous!! I learned to dive while working at Club Med Thulagiri in the Maldives - 6 months of Maldivian bliss - never wanted to come up for air. Enjoy !!!

Edited by jannacha, 30 March 2010 - 07:28 PM.

#67 ASDmike

ASDmike

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN
  • Logged Dives:700ish

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:44 PM

K- this may be the one. Put me on the interested list.

For the contract air, it looks like SQ, so please check to see if we get credit on Star Alliance (ie. Continental, United...). That much flying, I usually pay more to keep earning status.

Great seeing y'all at BTS
'06 - Fireworks on History, Singles Fantasy
'07 - Ancient Egypt/Red Sea Liveaboard
'08 - Bonaire Singles Week ...In STYLE!!!

#68 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:57 AM

K- this may be the one. Put me on the interested list.

For the contract air, it looks like SQ, so please check to see if we get credit on Star Alliance (ie. Continental, United...). That much flying, I usually pay more to keep earning status.

Great seeing y'all at BTS

I have asked about miles counting or not. And yes the contract would be with Singapore Air. I can also get BETTER than published pricing for other carriers flying into the region...but not as deep of a discount as we'll get. And I have also asked if we can still count you as part of the contract EVEN if you pay a bit more to have miles accrue.

Will let you know when I find out.

formerly...

#69 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:34 PM

Just checked on Orbitz. Current low fare is around $1500 Chicago to MLE (11/3-11/13). This looks more and more like a trip I can and will try to take. :wakawaka:

Certainly Singapore Air is a better carrier. Kamala, what would be the range your contract from Chicago to MLE? :-D

#70 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:42 AM

With the Easter Holiday I won't have an add-on for you but many from the Midwest major cities have been $200 or less that I've seen so far roundtrip.

formerly...

#71 Dragonhd

Dragonhd

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced, over 500 dives. my dive buddy is an instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 200 dives, not sure how many, don't log them much anymore, lol

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:57 AM

I would be interested in this trip for 1 week, first or second wouldn't matter. I am in Seattle, so no concerns of where it starts from, lol. :thankyou: :
Would an airfare package work for the second week?

#72 susiq

susiq

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:08 PM

I'm probably in the minority as I live in NYC, but the fares to Male are about 1379 as of today (through London, and on Sri Lankan Airline) so if the contract goes through LAX I probably would only take it if it beats this kind of price..... It's a lot of extra travel time for those of us on the East Coast (maybe only me?)

just adding my 2 psi to the discussion.....

PS my trip to Coz was a bust because I got sick after diving for 2 days and stayed out of the water the rest of the week..... pretty expensive way to do nothing, huh? :thankyou:

Oh well, I'm even more eager for this trip now....
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#73 KellyDiver

KellyDiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Cert Level:aow and nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:47 PM

I will be flying out from Boston. I am all for any airline that lets me keep accruing miles on Star Alliance.

#74 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:08 PM

I will be flying out from Boston. I am all for any airline that lets me keep accruing miles on Star Alliance.

Wench - I'll vote with the Star Alliance, it seems they fly to more scuba destinations

Bill

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#75 BJ MathPro

BJ MathPro

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water, Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

... many from the Midwest major cities have been $200 or less that I've seen so far roundtrip.

$200 less?! I am sold! I am packing this moment :D ;)
So where do I sign? :twist:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users