• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-08: The Famous Cooper River Prehistoric Megladon Teeth & Artifacts Aug 12-17 2010 $60 per dive!

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 March 2010 - 11:53 AM

Megladon Teeth...8 Million years old and OTHER prehistoric teeth/fossils a whopping 40-60 Million years old!!! Find them diving 4 dives a day on the Cooper River, SC August 12-17, 2010. TRAVEL DAYS: Aug 12th and Aug 17th Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Join this exciting and rare diving excursion arriving in Charleston, SC where you'll take a quick taxi if flying (about 9 miles) to our new hotel the Sleep Inn to get settled in and prepare for Four (4) full days of 4 one hour dives...yes 4 full (1) hour BOAT dives looking for Megladon Shark Teeth ranging from 4-6 inches across as well as other prehistoric teeth, fossils, pottery and exciting finds in the famous Cooper River. The Cooper River, once part of the ocean is a hotbed of history and we can experience this unique diving opportunity with one of the most renown dive operators on the River. AND we can help document history while still keeping any artifacts we find! (See below for info on helping the State of SC). River diving is quite an art...many operators will dive the river every weekend where due to tides you can only get 2 dives in during the day or maybe 3. Off the Wall Dive Charters our dive operator picks only the weekends where the tides will let you get in 4 dives each a full hour! In other words, twice the opportunity to find teeth for the same price as everyone else! And knowing the river like Bill aka OTWDiver, owner of OffTheWallDiving.com, does, he will safely put us on the rich gravel beds full of teeth, guide us to the transition points where new teeth are being uncovered and share with us new spots that he is continuously exploring so that we too can find these rare precious artifacts and LOTS of them! Don't miss this great opportunity limited to the first lucky 6 divers to do this unique and adventurous dive! And look for some special offers for ONLY SD members that OTWDiver will be offering us! Don't delay...only 6 people can go. Everyone is getting in on the excitement...see what SharkDiving Magazine has to say about their first shark tooth expedition...

We are excited to offer our first Cooper River Megladon teeth shark tooth hunting trip! While we normally search out the live animals...no shark adventure would be complete without exploring the grand daddy of them all...the Megladon!

Cooper River, SC Megladon Shark Tooth & Artifact Hunting Trip for $875* d/o "Fly In" or $824* d/o "Drive In" (has one less night hotel) plus air/transport to Charleston, SC.(Less $50 discount to equal 2008 pricing if paid in full by March 25, 2010) Don't Miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to find Megladon teeth, 1800 century bottles, Arrow Heads, and more! The Cooper River trip is limited to 6 people so don't delay! Posted Image

Pricing Summary: Please see below for full terms and conditions.

Fly In 4 days diving 5 nites d/o $875 s/o $1130
Drive In 4 days 4 nites d/o $824 s/o $1028

PLUS...
If adding 4 rental tanks (all alum 80's) @ $12 per tank your rental price is $192 for 4 days.
If filling your own 4 tanks @ $8 per tank your fill price is $96 for 4 day trip (assumes tanks are full when arrive)

Posted Image
Who's Going Searching For Teeth & Artifacts? (MUST Advise 5/4 or 4/4 Pkg & Tank Needs & Lead Needs):

0. Kamala aka Wreck Wench

Summary of Payments to Date:
Pkg either 5nites/4 days or 4 nites/4 days: 5nights/4 days
Amt of Lead Needed: 16 pounds
Tank needs: 4 rental alum 80's
Available Discounts List if Applied: Early Payment in Full for 2008 Pricing
Extra Nights BEYOND 5/4 or 4/4 pkgs: NO
Nitrox: NO Nitrox Available
D/O or S/O: D/O
Documents: SD Waiver _Rec'd___SD Survey _Rec'd____
Completed SC Licensing Process: YES
Dive Insurance Current: YES Dive Assure & DAN
Trip Insurance CHOOSE ONE:
a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already.
b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip.
c. I will not purchase trip insurance and will accept all losses accordingly.
Flight & Transport Details: DRIVING to Charleston but staying 5 nights
Add'l Days/Tours (List Out): None
Rental of Canister Lights (Limited to 4): Yes for 4 days $100
Other: Mostly Vegetarian for the cookout or fish, red wine

Deposit received & Waiting on Documents:

1. Randy aka InfoSecDVR
Summary of Payments to Date: $500 + $156.75
Pkg either 5nites/4 days or 4 nites/4 days: 5nites/4 days
Amt of Lead Needed: 18 lbsTank needs: Unknown at this time
Available Discounts List if Applied:
Extra Nights BEYOND 5/4 or 4/4 pkgs: None
Documents: SD Waiver Rec'd, SD Survey Rec'd, Lic ____, Ins Summary_____
Completed SC Licensing Process:
Dive Insurance Current: Yes
a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already. Current 2010 DiveAssure
Flight & Transport Details:
Rental of Canister Lights (Limited to 4):
Other:

2. Dan aka Dantheengineer
Summary of Payments to Date: $500 + $577
Pkg either 5nites/4 days or 4 nites/4 days:
Amt of Lead Needed:
Tank needs:
Extra Nights BEYOND 5/4 or 4/4 pkgs:
D/O or S/O:
Documents: SD Waiver Rec'd, SD Survey Rec'd, Lic Rec'd, Ins Summary____
Dive Insurance Current: DAN
Add'l Days/Tours (List Out):
Other

3. Diver Ed aka Eddie
Summary of Payments to Date: $550 + $344 = total pd $894 Paid in Full
Pkg either 5nites/4 days or 4 nites/4 days: 4/4 Pd
Amt of Lead Needed: to be determined
Tank needs: 1 Tank Rental $48 Pd / 3 Fills per day $72 Pd
Available Discounts List if Applied: Received $50 early pay discount
Extra Nights BEYOND 5/4 or 4/4 pkgs: no
D/O or S/O: d/o
Documents: SD Waiver ____SD Survey Rec'd Ins Summary Rec'd Lic____
Dive Insurance Current: will have
Flight & Transport Details: driving
Other:

4. Michael aka U-Boat
Summary of Payments to Date: $500 + $474.22 +$99.57
Pkg either 5nites/4 days or 4 nites/4 days: 5 nights/4 days Pd $875 Pd
Amt of Lead Needed: 16
Tank needs: 4 rental alum 80's $192 Pd
Extra Nights BEYOND 5/4 or 4/4 pkgs: No
D/O or D/O
Documents: SD Waiver ____SD Survey _____ Ins Summary____ Lic_____
Dive Insurance Current:
Flight & Transport Details: To be arranged
Rental of Canister Lights (Limited to 4): None
Other:

5. Richard aka ScubaVazz
Summary of Payments to Date: $1028+144+32=$1204+94
Pkg either 5nites/4 days or 4 nites/4 days: 5/4 @ $1130
Amt of Lead Needed: Will have my own
Tank needs: Rent 3 @ $144 + 1 fill per day @ $24 for 3 days as the tank will have air in it when I arrive
Extra Nights BEYOND 5/4 or 4/4 pkgs: No
D/O or S/O: S/O
Documents: SD Waiver ____SD Survey _____ Ins Summary____ Lic_____
Dive Insurance Current: DAN & DiveAssure
Flight & Transport Details: Drive In
Rental of Canister Lights (Limited to 4): No
Other:

6. Anthony aka Norsel
Summary of Payments to Date: $1,295.00
Pkg either 5nites/4 days or 4 nites/4 days: 5nites/4days $875 pd
Amt of Lead Needed: 12lbs
Tank needs: 4 tanks per day - $192 Pd
Available Discounts List if Applied: 0
Extra Nights BEYOND 5/4 or 4/4 pkgs: 0
Documents: SD Waiver Rec'd SD Survey _____ Ins Summary Rec'd Lic Rec'd
Dive Insurance Current: DAN
Trip Insurance CHOOSE ONE: C
8/12: CO20711 CHARLESTON S.C. 6:22PM
8/17: US39212 CHARLESTON S.C. 9:15AM
Rental of Canister Lights (Limited to 4): Yes $100 Pd

k's In The Mail & Waiting on Documents! (THESE NAMES DO NOT REDUCE SPOTS ON THE BOAT UNTIL MONEY IS RECEIVED) :

0. YOUR NAME
Amt of Lead Needed:
Tank needs:
D/O or S/O:
Documents: SD Waiver ____SD Survey _____
Dive Insurance Current:
Other:

Captain: Bill aka OTWDiver
DM: Kamala aka WreckWench

Renting Canister Lights $25 per day: (4 available total)
1. Kamala aka WreckWench 4 days - $100 confirmed

Wanting to do DAN Research & Use Cochran Computer: (6 available total)
1. Kamala aka WreckWench

Cooper River, SC Availability Update:

SD honors a first come and first paid premise that is driven by posting in our community and using our online payment system. Once a trip appears to have filled up from the "My Check is in the Mail" and the confirmed deposits/pymnts we will open an official waiting list for the trip. As openings occur or deposits are not received, we'll open up the Waiting List for trip participants.

Please note that while you may send pm and email requests for availability, the official availability is always available in the main trip post. Thank You! -ww

Here is the full information on the trip:

TEMPS & CONDITIONS:

The weather in South Carolina is remarkably consistent all summer and perfect for this kind of diving. The temperatures range in the mid to high 80's during this time of year and the water temps are in the mid 80's making this truly diving in comfort!

AIRFARE:

We'll fly into Charleston, SC which is where the Cooper River is located. Alternately you can fly into Columbia, SC which is a 1.5 hr drive or Atlanta but it is a 6 hr drive or you can fly into Greenville Spartenburg but that is approx a 3 hr drive. We'll be using domestic carriers so for a small $25 booking fee we'll make your arrangements for you otherwise you are more than welcome to make your own arrangements.

ARRIVAL:

Please plan to be in Charleston by 7:30 pm if you want to do a group dinner the night before. Otherwise we'll see you at breakfast at 6am the next morning in the hotel restaurant! The Sleep Inn is about 9 miles from the airport to the hotel. You can also rent a car if you wish.

HOTEL INFORMATION:

We'll be staying at the Sleep Inn which is about 9 miles to and from the airport. A breakfast buffet is also included with your stay. The Hotel is conveniently located to the boat ramp where we'll depart for our trip. A Home Depot is nearby as well as numerous restaurants offering all types of fare. The hotel is across the street from the Ramada which has become a living legend in its own rights as many Military Reunions have been held there for all branches of the service dating back many many years. The surviving vets and war heroes line the walls with photo memorabilia of a bygone time...and the reminders that 'Freedom is not Free'. You'll certainly enjoy the trip down memory lane and may even meet a real American Hero or two staying at the hotel. :evilgrin: Hotel Address for divers is:
7401 Northwoods Blvd
I-26 Exit 209
Charleston, SC 29406 US

Hotel Amenities

• Swimming Pool both indoor and outside
• Bar
• BBQ and picnic area

SCHEDULED ITINERARY

Aug 12th Arrive in South Carolina (most likely Charleston and meet for dinner in Lobby at 7:30pm)
Aug 13th Breakfast at 6am at the hotel. First dive at 7am or 7:30 am with subsequent dives at approx 10 am, 1 pm and 3:30pm. (Dive times are contingent on the tides and currents). SD will prepare a traditional cookout with four types of meats, grilled veggies, sides, dessert, wine & beer & sodas so all you have to do is clean up, relax, eat and enjoy! Dinner will be approx 7:30pm
Aug 14th Breakfast at 6am and the same dive plan as the day before. Group Dinner will be approx 7:30pm nightly at a local eatery! (Ribs, Seafood, LOTS of great choices!)
Aug 15th Breakfast at 6am and the same dive plan as the day before. Group Dinner will be approx 7:30pm nightly at another great local eatery!
Aug 16th Breakfast at 6am and the same dive plan as the day before. Group Dinner will be approx 7:30pm nightly at yet another great local eatery! Departure for those who drove in and only wanted to stay 4 nights.
Aug 17th Departure Day for everyone who flew in or opted to stay the last night so as to relax, enjoy and get a fresh start on the 17th. We'll also get pictures of all our great finds!

WHAT YOU'LL SEE: Posted Image

You'll be doing a night dive in the middle of the day. Its not muck diving...simply night diving in fresh water as you descend 20-40 feet to the bottom of the River. You'll drop in 'heavy' and as you descend to the bottom you'll see the water go from a red color to a dark tea color but with your lights on you'll have as much visibility as your light will give you. And more than enough to see the 'teeth' and artifacts in the gravel beds of the river bottom! You can drop straight down...or go down the anchor chain as a visual reference. (If opting to go along the anchor chain you will actually be moving up river along the chain so it will take you longer to reach the bottom. However it also means you will start your searching ahead of everyone else which could mean add'l finds for you.)

COOPER RIVER $875 d/o or $1130 s/o FLY IN PACKAGE INCLUDES:

• 5 nights/4 days diving for Megladon teeth, artifacts and other prehistoric fossils
• 4 (1) hour dives daily for 4 days or a total of 16 dives!
• Hotel accommodations at the Sleep Inn Including FULL BREAKFAST Daily at 6am
• SD Famous 'Meet & Greet Get To Know Everyone' Parties
• Full Lunch, snacks and drinks on the boat each day of diving
• Grey SD T-Shirt typically with funny saying on the back commemorating the trip!
• All taxes included
• Daily SD.com H20 Happy Hours and Dinner together as a group!
• Diving Gifts and Giveaways from various SD Vendor Partners as available
Meals: An SD Cookout including 4 marinated meats, veggies, slaw, wine & beer & more is included along with lunch, snacks and drinks on the boat along with full breakfast daily at the hotel. Dinner the remaining nights will be a local area restaurants on the member!

COOPER RIVER $824 d/o or $1028 s/o DRIVE IN PACKAGE INCLUDES:

• 4 nights/4 days diving for Megladon teeth, artifacts and other prehistoric fossils
• 4 (1) hour dives daily for 4 days or a total of 16 dives!
• Hotel accommodations at the Sleep Inn Including FULL BREAKFAST Daily at 6am
• SD Famous 'Meet & Greet Get To Know Everyone' Parties
• Full Lunch, snacks and drinks on the boat each day of diving
• Grey SD T-Shirt typically with funny saying on the back commemorating the trip!
• All taxes included
• Daily SD.com H20 Happy Hours and Dinner together as a group!
• Diving Gifts and Giveaways from various SD Vendor Partners as available
Meals: An SD Cookout including 4 marinated meats, veggies, slaw, wine & beer & more is included along with lunch, snacks and drinks on the boat along with full breakfast daily at the hotel. Dinner the remaining nights will be a local area restaurants on the member!

COOPER RIVER PACKAGES DO NOT INCLUDE:

• Airfare or transport to Charleston, SC
• Air fills or rentals (see below for pricing) - NOTE YOU NEED 4 TANKS ON THE BOAT EACH DAY
• Dinner night of arrival nor 3 of the 4 nights in town
• Rental, instruction and retail charges
• Crew gratuities usually $20+ a day
• Trip Cancellation Insurance
• The only food not included is day of arrival lunch and dinner, and dinner all other nights except for the SD cookout.

OPTIONAL ADD-ON'S:

• Air fills $8 per bottle (you'll need 4 bottles/tanks a day)
• Rental air 80's $12 per tank (you'll need 4 tanks a day)
• Nitrox: Sorry nitrox is not available due to the shallow depths of 20-40 ft
•Canister Light Rental $25 per day (only 4 available)
• Single Room Rate is $51 more per night. (A limited number of single rooms are available.)
• T-Shirt Color Upgrade: The trip comes with a white or grey SD t-shirt which can be upgraded to black or purple for $7 subject to availability.

DISCOUNTS:

• $25 Mail In Rebate for SD premier or above membership (Click here for the form & details!
• Early Bird discount of $50 if paid in full by 3/xx/10 - MAKES THE PRICING THE SAME AS 2008!!!
• Price includes cash discount. Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card.

How to Book a Spot on this Trip:

NOTE: Premier Members will have a minimum of a week to pre-book this and all SingleDivers.com trips before the general membership. Members is only $35 a year and you get $25 everytime you travel with us.

1. Post in this thread that you plan to join us USING THE NEW BOOKING TEMPLATE and that your check or payment & forms are being sent via our payment gateway in my signature or <form target="_blank" method='Redirect' action= 'https://swp.paymentsgateway.net/default.aspx'><table cellSpacing='0' cellPadding='0' border='0'><tr><td align='right' width='300'></td><td align='left' width='200'><input type='hidden' name='pg_api_login_id' value='poKnUi9dY5'/></td></tr><tr><td align='right' width='300'></td><td align='left' width='200'><INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT value='Pay here! '>
</td></tr></table></form> We'll then put your name on the 'check's & documents in the mail' list. You MUST complete the following BOOKING TEMPLATE:

0. BOOKING TEMPLATE - YOUR NAME

Amt of Lead Needed:
Tank needs:
D/O or S/O:
Dive Insurance Current:
Other:

2. Fill out the Trip Rooming & Diving Survey plus the SingleDivers.com Medical Liability Release which you'll find under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips & activities!" or click here to link to it. (Send a PM or an email to trips@singledivers.com for the password.)
3. Send your deposit for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted below and payment options. If you need to make special arrangements about payments with me please contact me and I'll gladly work with you. If paying via credit card please ADD 3% Non-Cash Convenience Fee.PLEASE make sure you include a detailed itemization of all payments in the DETAILS section of the payment system.
4. Please read "Everything You Need To Know About A SingleDivers.com Trip located here.
5. The State of SC requires a license to search for and remove artifacts. It is easy to obtain but will also require that you feedback information to the State on what you've found etc. MORE INFORMATION WILL BE COMING SHORTLY. You will be required to get the license if you sign up for this trip!

SC LICENSING PROCESS: TBA

PAYMENT OPTIONS:

Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card. <form target="_blank" method='Redirect' action= 'https://swp.paymentsgateway.net/default.aspx'><table cellSpacing='0' cellPadding='0' border='0'><tr><td align='right' width='300'></td><td align='left' width='200'><input type='hidden' name='pg_api_login_id' value='poKnUi9dY5'/></td></tr><tr><td align='right' width='300'></td><td align='left' width='200'><INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT value='Pay Here!'>
</td></tr></table></form>

PAYMENT TERMS & SCHEDULE:

ASAP: $500 deposit required to reserve a spot.

PROGRESS PAYMENTS:

a. $500 Deposit asap to hold your spot (please post in the thread that your payment is coming!) ONLY PAYMENTS VIA OUR PAYMENT GATEWAY WILL BE ACCEPTED SINCE THIS TRIP WILL FILL OUT BEFORE OPENING IT UP TO NON-PREMEIR MEMBERS.
b. PAY IN FULL by March 25th for $50 discount making prices the SAME AS 2008!
b. May 12, 2010: $324 if doing 4/4 pkg or $375 if doing 5/4 pkg.
c. June 12, 2010: Rentals or Fill prices Due

Note: Trip must be paid in full 60 days prior to departure.

PLEASE obtain trip insurance ...it is VERY inexpensive and will protect your investment. You can purchase it right online as well as check quotes etc. It is very economical is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Click here for a free quote or to purchase online!

or

Dive Assure - Click here for another provider that provides excellent rates and coverage!

Pictures Shown Are:

Pic #1: Colonial Pipes found by the Wench
Pic #2: Trophy Meg
Pic #3: Trophy finds from one single trip!
Pic #4: The SD Trip Group Haul

Edited by ScubaPunk, 24 July 2010 - 10:13 AM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:21 AM

CHECK HERE FOR ONGOING UPDATES AND FAQ's....

Posted Image

LOOK HERE FOR ONGOING IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATES:

1. 3-21-10 Trip opened up for Premier Member and Above "First Dibs" booking until March 28, 2010. (Since there is a $50 EXTRA discount if paid in full by March 25th you may wish to upgrade to premier member of which you'll get $25 back and be one of the first to get this extra deal!)

2. NOTE we have a second trip in October. DO NOT CONFUSE THIS TRIP WITH THE OCTOBER TRIP!!

FAQ - CHECK HERE OFTEN TO AVOID READING ALL THE POSTS IN THIS THREAD!

Q. What happens if I sign up for this trip thinking its the October trip?
A. By the time we figure it all out the trip you wanted to be on could be sold out. There will be nothing I can do at that point. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE SIGNING UP FOR THE CORRECT TRIP. THIS IS THE AUGUST 2010 TRIP!!!

Q. I have 2 tanks can't I just get them filled over lunch or do I really need to bring 4 tanks with me?
A. We will eat lunch on the boat which is supplied as part of your trip pkg. So if you want to do 4 dives you need to bring 4 FILLED tanks with you. There is no time to fill tanks before the dives on the first day. So if you can't borrow 2 more filled tanks you'll need to rent 2 to go with the 2 you have.

Q. Why the big deal over trip insurance and when do I have to buy it if I want it?
A. People are used to things being pretty good and not worrying about things like insurance. However for some reason MORE people have experienced having to cancel a trip or having their vacation ruined due to accidents, illness, death in the family and even death of the member. And while our vendors and SD truly want to help you, we are extremely limited in what we can do if you did not take out trip insurance. Therefore we will be STRONGLY ENCOURAGING you to buy trip insurance and consider an annual plan like Dive Assure (link at end of first post) to cover all those unexpected things that would otherwise cause you to lose most if not all of your vacation monies. NOTE: The last possible date to buy insurance is before the last payment is due so 90 days before the trip UNLESS YOU PAY IN FULL FOR ANY EARLY PAYMENT DISCOUNTS.

Q. I am new to the single divers website and am interested in getting some more information about your trips. I was looking at this trip. Do you have people from all over and all ages and experience levels that go on these trips?
A. Yes we do. Divers range from about 25 to 55, we average about 40% women…sometimes more on our trips…several have been essentially 'chick trips' with more gals than guys and we have every one from novices with 6 dives to master scuba diving instructors on trips. EVERYONE is welcome and we love new(er) divers. We even offer an innovative program for new divers that is part divebuddy/dive mentor. Its called Rent-A-Buddy and you hire a private DM to be your buddy so you can focus on YOU and YOUR diving and not worry about anything or anyone else. Your buddy will also mentor you providing customized feedback on YOUR diving helping to reinforce GOOD habits or develop GOOD habits right from the start. Everyone who participates in this program RAVES about it. Its quite reasonable…$50 per day or $150 for the week.

Q. I'm trying to decide if I should do a double occupancy to save money or a single just in case the roomie thing does not work out. What do you recommend?
A. You have CHOICES on our trips. One of our primary goals is to AVOID SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS. We use an extensive rooming and trip survey to help us with rooming decisions. If we help you with rooming you won't be disappointed. And if for some reason your roomie looked good on paper but just didn't pan out in reality...TRUST ME WHEN I SAY...it's not a big deal and we'll get you swapped with someone else in a flash. EVERYONE knows that it could be them that didn't mesh with their roomie so they are happy to help someone else match up better. After all...it could be them the next time. So let us know which way you want to go and you can see by the extensive survey we do...we have LOTS of parameters to help you match on many levels with a potential roommate. And if you just want to unwind and pamper yourself...the single upgrade fee is not that much and you can have a luxurious time by yourself. The CHOICE is YOURS!!! ;)

Q. Do I need to sign in as a member to be able to access all the forms that are needed?
A. Yes you will need to register on the site with a screen name (choose a fun diving or personality related one if you can) and you'll need to be logged into the site to post. Once you tell us you are going on a trip with us we send you a link to the forms in case you have not found the link in my signature along with the password for the forum. (Note it is NOT the same as your login password.) To sign up for a trip simply POST in the topic/thread that you want to go with us, your payment is enroute and then tell us if you'll need extra days, if you want double or single occupancy, if you want nitrox or air, etc.

Q. What would be the easiest way to pay with my credit card for this, could I call you and pay that way?
A. You can pay with credit card via our new secure online web payment gateway. Simply click on the CLICK HERE TO PAY SD NOW button in the first post and it will allow you to pay via cc or your checking account. All prices are discounted for cash so if not paying via check please include the 3% non-cash convenience fee. If using a credit card not drawn on a US bank you may have to fill out our credit card authorization form so we can process your payment manually (found in the forms forum link in my signature) and email it as a pdf to me to kamala@singledivers.com or fax it to me to 864-944-6769. Again please include the 3% non-cash convenience fee if paying via this method.

Q. Is it more common for people to book their own flights, or do you do most of the travel arrangements for people?
A. Actually most people do book their own flights. We are happy to help but charge a nominal $25 booking fee for researching and booking flights for you unless the flight is part of the trip package and then the price is covered in the trip cost already. Let us know if you'd like us to make travel arrangements for you. We simply add the $25 fee to your total invoice.

Q. Can I get a Rent-A-Buddy for this trip...how does it work?
A. Yes you can rent-a-buddy for the trip...we have a limited number of DM's/Instructors available for you to rent to help you focus on only yourself and not worry about being someone's buddy or to allow you to improve your air consumption and bouyancy etc. You are hiring a professional 'coach' to help you reinforce your recent open water skills or to help you refresh them or to just basically help to mentor you. IN THIS CASE TO HELP YOU FIND TEETH AND DEAL WITH LOW LIGHT CONDITIONS. The price is $75 per day or $150 for the 4 diving day trip.

Q. I will need Rental Gear. What do I do?
A. Let us know what you need for rental gear? We will have Cochran computers available that you can use to do DAN research AND avoid having to rent. As for other rental gear...please let us know and we'll get you the prices.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:21 AM

Posted Image

This trip is NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING!!!

NOTE THIS IS THE AUGUST TRIP. Do NOT sign up for this trip if you want the OCTOBER TRIP!

Please note the procedure outlined in HOW TO BOOK A SPOT ON THIS TRIP as it has CHANGED! Please use the NEW BOOKING TEMPLATE to help you sign up for the trip!And not following it may result in you not booking your spot properly. This normally may not be an issue but in a trip where spots are limited vs. demand...improperly booking may result in not getting a spot.

Note: You are responsible for READING EVERYTHING IN THE FIRST POST! If you do not and do not book your trip properly, SingleDivers.com will honor those bookings that were made according to the new process outlined in the first post. You will also note that we are using a new format for collecting information from you that we need to book your holiday. We are streamlining our manual processes so we can better automate them later this year and next.

And finally...since this trip is anticipated to fill out quickly, your spot will NOT be guaranteed until we receive you $500 deposit AND you FILL OUT THE BOOKING TEMPLATE. In order to be fair all payments will be received via our new SECURE ONLINE payment gateway ONLY so they will be timestamped accordingly. The payments are NOT realtime so to compensate for the lag...ONLY PAYMENTS RECEIVED VIA THE NEW SECURE ONLINE PAYMENT GATEWAY WILL BE HONORED. If you must use AMEX you can pay us via paypal. Our ID is kamala@singledivers.com but you must add the 3% non-cash convenience fee to all payments via paypal including bank draft as we are charged this amount regardless. As noted in the first post, if you have ANY problems please document them and contact kamala@singledivers.com asap to manually enter your payment in the gateway or resolve the problem for you.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THEM INCLUDING THE USE OF OUR NEW SECURE ONLINE PAYMENT GATEWAY! (Instructions and link found in the first post.)

HOW TO BOOK A SPOT ON THIS TRIP:

Be sure to read this section in the FIRST POST as it has changed. ;)

And see you in HISTORIC CHARLESTON!!!

Remember our premiers get first dibs on booking until March 28th!

formerly...

#4 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:30 PM

I expect that I will have a couple of my own tanks, and will need one or two rentals. I will update this as we get closer to the trip. Ed

0. YOUR NAME Diver Ed aka Eddie
Summary of Payments to Date: $550.00 via echeck
Pkg either 5nites/4 days or 4 nites/4 days: 4/4
Amt of Lead Needed: to be determined
Tank needs: to be determined
Extra Nights BEYOND 5/4 or 4/4 pkgs: no
D/O or S/O: d/o
Dive Insurance Current: will have
Flight & Transport Details: driving
Other:

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:33 PM

Thank you Ed! Can you tell us what you are doing with respect to trip insurance as well? ;)

formerly...

#6 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:57 PM

Thank you Ed! Can you tell us what you are doing with respect to trip insurance as well? ;)

I plan to sign up for DAN prior to the Wreck trip, and will get you that info when I do. I am looking into the Dive Assure yearly trip insurance as well, and may sign up for that at some point. I am not sure when yet. I am not that worried about trip insurance on a $1,000.00 or less trip. I would want it for a trip such as the Maldives or the Truk / Palau trip. Eventually, I will figure out a balance of costs for a trip such as those and compare it to the yearly expense of the insurance. When I figure it out, and decide, I will let you know. As of now, I do not have trip insurance. Ed

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

I plan to sign up for DAN prior to the Wreck trip, and will get you that info when I do. I am looking into the Dive Assure yearly trip insurance as well, and may sign up for that at some point. I am not sure when yet. I am not that worried about trip insurance on a $1,000.00 or less trip. I would want it for a trip such as the Maldives or the Truk / Palau trip. Eventually, I will figure out a balance of costs for a trip such as those and compare it to the yearly expense of the insurance. When I figure it out, and decide, I will let you know. As of now, I do not have trip insurance. Ed

Keep in mind that Dive Assure is BOTH Trip and Dive Insurance. And its an annual policy. So basically small trips are covered for the price of covering big ones. Just a thought... k

formerly...

#8 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:25 PM

Keep in mind that Dive Assure is BOTH Trip and Dive Insurance. And its an annual policy. So basically small trips are covered for the price of covering big ones. Just a thought... k

I was not aware of that. I figured that I would check into it next week at the show, assuming that they are there. I tried to click on the link on your site last week, and ended with an error message. That left me figuring I would seek them out in person. In any event, I will touch base with you prior to making my decision. Ed

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:34 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the error message. I will get that fixed! Thank you! k

formerly...

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATES:

1. Don't forget you have to also sign up in the thread to hold your spot!
2. Don't forget to add the 3% non-cash convenience fee to your payment...the payment gateway is not a shopping cart so will not do it automagically. For this deposit you'll need to add $15 or $515.

:thankyou:

formerly...

#11 Dantheengineer

Dantheengineer

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:31 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATES:

1. Don't forget you have to also sign up in the thread to hold your spot!
2. Don't forget to add the 3% non-cash convenience fee to your payment...the payment gateway is not a shopping cart so will not do it automagically. For this deposit you'll need to add $15 or $515.

:thankyou:

0. BOOKING TEMPLATE - YOUR NAME
Amt of Lead Needed:
Tank needs:
D/O or S/O:
Dive Insurance Current:
Other:

Hey Kamala $515 making it's electronic way to you with immediate effect!

Exact trip details to follow. I just wanna read through all the blurb then pick.

Grateful thanx

Dan
Regards
Dan Posted Image

Bahamas....Expulsis Piratis - Restituta Commercia Posted Image

There is no spoon.

#12 InfoSecDVR

InfoSecDVR

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:33 PM

YOUR NAME - InfoSecDVR
Pkg either 5nites/4 days or 4 nites/4 days: 5nites/4 days
Amt of Lead Needed: 18lbs
Tank needs: Unknown at this time
Extra Nights BEYOND 5/4 or 4/4 pkgs: None
Dive Insurance Current: Yes
a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already. Current 2010 DiveAssure
Other:
I don't care what you do for a living, I don't care what kind of car you drive.....
What I want to know right now is what do you believe in?
What does it mean to you to be alive?
-DH

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:38 PM

Hey Dan...great to have you! And don't wait too long to fill in those details! :thankyou:

Just busting ya cuz I can! -ww

formerly...

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 03:40 PM

Great Job Randy! Your first SD trip and you signed up like a pro! Must be that 'puter background of yours! And I notice we are neighbors...well practically neighbors! :thankyou:

Good to have you! k

formerly...

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:00 PM

PAYMENT UPDATES:

1. Dan aka DanTheEngineer ww got your $500 dep + non-cash fees. :cool1:
2. Randy aka InfoSecDVR ww got your $500 dep + non-cash fees. (I also opened a technical ticket as to why your echeck payments would not go thru!) :thankyou:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users