• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2010-09: A Turks & Caicos Labor Day Weekend Sept 4-11, 2010 SIGN UP THREAD

• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#346 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:36 AM

if flights do start backing up the early birds will get in the air. DO NOT CUT ANY FLIGHTS CLOSE!!! Get there with plenty of time to spare as time gives you options that you will not otherwise have! And MORE time = more options! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#347 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:19 PM

I am sitting here at the Portland airport during my 7 hour layover... ugh! I hate United incase any one missed that fact! :birthday: However, I am in a bar having a glass of wine, or should that be "whine", knowing that at least 2 of our group are going to be landing in T&C shortly.

The rest of the trip will go fast once I get on the plane to Charlotte. One of the best things that I did for this trip is buy a first class ticket (it was cheap actually) so the rest of the journey will be in comfort.

Looking forward to seeing ya'll on the boat.

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#348 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:13 PM

Don't forget the duty-free shop in Charlotte! I know I'll pick something up there. If any weather keeps us on the island beyond what we expect, at least we'll have something to while away the time with! Cards, adult beverages and friends, on a stormy afternoon. :birthday:
Posted Image

#349 ThatJoeGuy

ThatJoeGuy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

Anybody know if the boat stocks the local beer?

#350 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:54 PM

Here's from a review I found online:

Bar/beverages: The vessel has two refrigerators (one on the top deck and one in the dining room) that are always fully stocked with soda, beer, milk, lemon slices, and other things. Of soda, it's primarily Coke and Diet Coke, also some Sprite and Bitter Lemon for mixers. There is red and white wine, which I suppose varies. We had Merlot. There is a variety of beers, including Coors Light and some local brews (Turks Head). The liquor cabinet next to the fridge is well stocked also, with the usual variety of hard liquor. Our gang of 12 wasn't particularly hard drinkers, so I don't know if the beer and liquor ever run out.

I would expect somewhat the same. :birthday: -Clint

#351 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:15 PM

Clint, you amaze me with the reviews & videos you've brought to us! :birthday:

Several lucky ducks will arrive in Providenciales tomorrow.... Posted Image Posted Image

Joe & I are the last to arrive on Saturday, but that just means we can go straight to the boat & crack open the duty free while we unpack. :birthday:

We've got a great group going on the trip....and I think we're gonna get some diving done in between all the darned storms! :birthday:
Posted Image

#352 scubaclint

scubaclint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:51 PM

Clint, you amaze me with the reviews & videos you've brought to us!

I'm an EXCELLENT Google-er! :birthday:

#353 Linemanww

Linemanww

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water level 2, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:106

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:26 PM

I am sitting here at the Portland airport during my 7 hour layover... ugh! I hate United incase any one missed that fact! :birthday: However, I am in a bar having a glass of wine, or should that be "whine", knowing that at least 2 of our group are going to be landing in T&C shortly.

The rest of the trip will go fast once I get on the plane to Charlotte. One of the best things that I did for this trip is buy a first class ticket (it was cheap actually) so the rest of the journey will be in comfort.

Jim

Hi Jim, sitting here in T&C with Jessica, I ran into an odd situation at the Comfort Suites, they believe that I need to pay for the room with my credit card. I haven't followed the entire online BS but I'm wondering if I've missed something along the way, hoping maybe you have an answer to this issue, or will at least be prepared for the check in experience. Comfort Suites is nice in the dark, we did some exploring around the area, ate at Coco's and would be willing to go again but will see what the group feels like. See you tomorrow.

Wayne

Edited by Linemanww, 02 September 2010 - 09:27 PM.

If you're not living on the edge...your takin' up too much space.

There is nothing a good day of diving won't cure!

#354 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:48 PM

I am sitting here at the Portland airport during my 7 hour layover... ugh! I hate United incase any one missed that fact! :o However, I am in a bar having a glass of wine, or should that be "whine", knowing that at least 2 of our group are going to be landing in T&C shortly.

Jim

Hi Jim, sitting here in T&C with Jessica, I ran into an odd situation at the Comfort Suites, they believe that I need to pay for the room with my credit card. I haven't followed the entire online BS but I'm wondering if I've missed something along the way, hoping maybe you have an answer to this issue, or will at least be prepared for the check in experience. Comfort Suites is nice in the dark, we did some exploring around the area, ate at Coco's and would be willing to go again but will see what the group feels like. See you tomorrow.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Tell them that the reservation is paid for under the name of Kamala Shadduck confirmation number 47573837

There should not be a problem as the rooms were already paid for.

Let me know if that helps. Any problems with the taxi?

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#355 scubaclint

scubaclint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:47 AM

Gaston has been downgraded to under a Tropical Storm and only 20% chance of reformation. NICE!

Edited by scubaclint, 03 September 2010 - 05:50 AM.

#356 Linemanww

Linemanww

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water level 2, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:106

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:54 AM

Hi Wayne,

Tell them that the reservation is paid for under the name of Kamala Shadduck confirmation number 47573837

Jim

I gave them the confirmation number and they said it was thru a booking agent and they get a credit card to reserve the room and we are to pay the hotel directly. I'm sure we will get everything worked out ok just was surprised that things were confused. No problem with the limo, he wasn't sure what rate we were supposed to pay and didn't charge us anything, said we could work it out when he takes us to the boat
If you're not living on the edge...your takin' up too much space.

There is nothing a good day of diving won't cure!

#357 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:58 AM

Hi Wayne,

Jim

I gave them the confirmation number and they said it was thru a booking agent and they get a credit card to reserve the room and we are to pay the hotel directly. I'm sure we will get everything worked out ok just was surprised that things were confused. No problem with the limo, he wasn't sure what rate we were supposed to pay and didn't charge us anything, said we could work it out when he takes us to the boat

I sent Kamala a note asking her to contact the hotel and get it straightened out. We have 5 more people coming in today and it would be better to get it fixed prior to us all checking out tomorrow so that Kamala does not have to worry about getting a refund from the hotel.

Good to hear about the limo. Glad it worked out.

See you this afternoon.

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#358 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:25 AM

Hey gang...on the phone with customer service now. Will have it resolved. Wayne I owe you a drink for the hassle. Will post resolution asap! Thank you! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#359 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:50 AM

Not sure I can pay for the reservation that Wayne and Jim are on...if Wayne has paid already but I am asking them to change it to my card. The other reservations should be ok.

I have to contact the hotel in T&C directly so will aprise you of any other developments.

Thanks for the headsup and I'm sorry for any confusion. Kamala

formerly...

#360 ramon1969

ramon1969

Getting started

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:41 AM

Gaston has been downgraded to under a Tropical Storm and only 20% chance of reformation. NICE!

A colleague sent me this link of an interactive storm map. I you do have the luxury of sitting at a computer, this is awesome.. shows projected paths, expected windspeeds around the hurricane, distance to cities, etc.

www.stormpulse.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users