• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Atlanta Happy "Lunch" Hour

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave2 and Tech2/Meg
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:46 PM

Kamala, of the dates you mentioned in October, only Oct 9 will work for me. And do let us know what part of town your training class is in, and maybe we can suggest some places to stay on Saturday night. This might also give us a target area for venues for the Happy Hour.

I know that Mark has been pretty busy looking for a job, but don't know if he has found anything yet. If you want, I will take point on organizing the October HH, or I will be happy to assist Christine and/or Kate if they want to take a crack at it.

-JimG

Jim... I would be more than happy to get in the back seat and let you drive! All of my organizing energy (plus reserves) get used up at work so it would be much appreciated! And I'd be glad to help... if you have simple tasks you'd like to direct me to do! ;-)
How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

#17 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

And I'd be glad to help... if you have simple tasks you'd like to direct me to do! ;-)

Kate, how about you do a pub crawl and report on which will be good venues for the SD crowd? :welcome:
Posted Image

#18 JimG

JimG

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:22 PM

Kate, how about you do a pub crawl and report on which will be good venues for the SD crowd? :welcome:

That sounds like a good idea. However, if we are planning to work around Kamala's dates, then we should probably wait and see what part of town she will be in so we can narrow the choices a bit.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#19 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:38 PM

Just kickin' it back into view so we won't lose track of it this time. :wavey: Any plans/ideas/etc from the ATL locals?
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#20 JimG

JimG

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

I am not available any weekend in September, but could do either of the first two weekends in October. I think we were kind of waiting to see how Kamala's travel plans played out before deciding on a particular date - would prefer to schedule around her availability if possible.

Any suggestions on a venue? I really like Dave and Buster's for this sort of thing, but could easily be talked into a different location. My only recommendation is that it should be easy access to one of interstates if we are expecting out-of-town attendees.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#21 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:41 PM

I've updated the topic title to reflect the new October timeframe, we just need to coordinate with WW so she can arrange to join us as requested. Kamala, can you confirm either Saturday the 09th or 16th? According to the calendar the 23rd may also be an option for you. Some great locals like Kate aka KateP and Jim aka JimG have already volunteered to research and suggest venue! :thankyou: Thanks guys!

As soon as a firm date and place are agreed upon here I will be happy to launch a regional email blast from the Charlies mailbox. :lmao:

Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#22 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:36 PM

PM'ed Wenchie today asking for a firm date. Included Jim aka JimG and Kate aka Kate P for recommendations on venue. We are looking at either 09 or 16 October if that helps with anyone's planning. :banghead:

#23 JimG

JimG

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:22 AM

Actually October 16 is out for me and always has been, as I have a certification trip scheduled that weekend. My available dates are Oct 2 and Oct 9, with the latter being preferred. If we do not get confirmation from Kamala soon, then I will go ahead and make an executive decision on that date, so that people can make plans (probably Oct 9 in that case).

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#24 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:42 PM

Actually October 16 is out for me and always has been, as I have a certification trip scheduled that weekend. My available dates are Oct 2 and Oct 9, with the latter being preferred. If we do not get confirmation from Kamala soon, then I will go ahead and make an executive decision on that date, so that people can make plans (probably Oct 9 in that case).

-JimG

Sounds good to me. Any thoughts regarding where to go?
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:42 AM

Ok dates are shaking out as follows for me and OTWDiver:

Oct 16th or
Oct 23rd

Since Jim can't do the 16th I'm inclinded to do the 23rd. Anyone NOT able to do the 23rd?

Thank you gang!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#26 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:36 AM

Jim, will the 23rd work for you? :thankyou:

#27 JimG

JimG

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

Jim, will the 23rd work for you?

I was thinking about going backpacking that weekend with our Scout troop. However, their plans were still in flux last time I checked, so let me see if I can find out what they finally decided.

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#28 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:46 AM

Thanks Jim, will look for your update. And thanks to Kate for volunteering to help out even though the time required for her work precludes her from taking a lead role, it's certainly appreciated! :wakawaka:

#29 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:48 PM

Chris aka JustRuck is in Atlanta (without a laptop!) until October 26, and is looking to get together with any members in Atlanta, even on a casual basis, to meet & have a drink since he doesn't know anybody in town except SD members from the site.

Since he doesn't have a laptop, he asked me on Facebook to find out if we were doing an Atlanta Happy Hour while he's in town, and let him know when/where.

So, does anyone want to meet up with Chris (single or as a group) and keep him from sitting in a hotel room by himself the whole time he's in Hotlanta?
Posted Image

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:35 AM

Tammy you say until the 26th meaning Chris leaves the 26th?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users