• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Atlanta Happy "Lunch" Hour

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:47 AM

Whatever dates are settled on (especially if it's Friday Oct. 22) don't forget to post it on FB so Chris aka JustRuck knows about the change! Right now, he thinks it's on Saturday Oct. 23.
Posted Image

#47 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:47 AM

OK, Chris aka JustRuck asked on FB if you guys are still on for Saturday 10/23?? That was the last confirmation he got, before Friday got tossed into the mix....

Or, is this just a big BUST this time? I need to let him know, so he doesn't drive all the way down to D&B if nobody else is showing up.

So, who is in, and is it Friday 10/22 or Saturday 10/23?
Posted Image

#48 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

I saw no feedback for Friday so its out. Saturday is still a go but its only Bill and I so if Chris still wants to get together we will. Our seminar ends at 1 or 1:30 and I will work online the rest of the day. Bill is going to run some errands and we'll do an early Happy Hour as we have to drive back to Atlanta which is 2.5hrs with no traffic from D&B. That being said we'll plan to leave around 9 or shortly thereafter as he has to be up early for classes on Sunday.

See if Chris is still up for this...we'll make it happen if he is!

p.s. got an email from a gal in Atl that tried to make the last one so I'm checking to see if she can do tomorrow or not!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#49 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:13 PM

Ok got the following reply from LiAn the other person interesting in attending but she was not aware we were doing tomorrow so can not attend. I think our NEXT effort should be at the Atlanta Aquarium!!!

Kamala:

Thanks for the reply.

DRATS! I already have plans. :(

GREAT idea about the GA Aquarium!!! I dove in Ocean Voyager in August w/ 50+ species including: 4 whale sharks, 3 manta rays, 2 dive masters & 1 sand tiger shark tried to kiss me. :)

I just signed up for the free week membership. Will I be able to search for single divers in Georgia? Still trying to get a photo too.

Thanks again!

Have a great weekend!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#50 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:00 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Thanks to Tammy I was able to get in contact with Chris aka Just Ruck and the 3 of us will be doing a Happy Lunch Hour vs. the more traditional Happy Hour tonight.

If anyone is in N. Ga and wants to join us we'll be at Great Harvest Bread Co. 10305 Medlock Bridge Rd, Duluth, GA 30097 (770) 622-0222 at 1:30.

Thanks gang...and lets see if we can do something at the Aquarium in Dec before the holidays get too crazy! kamala

formerly...

#51 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:37 PM

Well we met Chris for our Happy Hour...Happy Lunch Hour that is and had a blast! We spent almost 3 hrs hanging out and talking and EATING! Ok so the latter was not 100% healthy cuz we probably overate but the food was healthy! And delicious too!

It was great to see Chris and have OTWDiver and him get to know each other. Of course part of the conversation was about his upcoming nuptials and I would guess that he knew more about his wedding than the average guy! But then Chris aka Just Ruck is NOT your average guy! :teeth: And Heidi (his lovely bride) knows that just as the few lucky SD Women who have met Chris on a dive trip or at and SD Event! :respect:

It was fun and we hatched the idea of doing the Aquarium as well as some of the cool tourist things like the Coke Museum and the Civil War Circle/Round Theater where the seats rotate to see the show! So if anyone knows about these venues or are interested in doing something like this let us know!

formerly...

#52 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 04:50 PM

At the Atlanta HH last Spring, Bubbles, ScubaGoddess & I did the World of Coke and the Aquarium together. The Coke thing was interesting and the last stop - where you taste hundreds of coke flavors from around the world is fun, even when you find the worst possible soda flavor! But I really loved the Aquarium. I have some great video from there.....now if I could just find time to do something with it over the winter, I'll share it with everyone. The only thing that would have made it better is if I had brought my dive gear and a couple hundred bucks.....
Posted Image

#53 lv2dive70

lv2dive70

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave2 and Tech2/Meg
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:48 AM

I am not capable of organizing this :-) but wanted to put it out there that earlier in this post, we talked about a Dec happy hour/day at the aquarium. Is anyone still interested? I volunteer at the aquarium and I think I could get discounts for tickets. BTW the hours for late December are extended:

Regular hours: Sunday - Friday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Saturday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Late December hours:
* Dec. 18-23: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
* Dec. 24: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
* Dec. 25: 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
* Dec. 26-Dec. 31: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.

I think Kamala is at DEMA but hopefully we can get a response re: her availability. I would imagine Dec 3&4 is out because I think she is at the FL dive show. What do you all think about the 10th/11th? Or is it just too much to do it this year?

PS RE: The dive at the aquarium - you can BYOM(ask) but otherwise the aquarium provides the gear, so if you wanted to do the aquarium dive, you wouldn't need to bring your gear.

At the Atlanta HH last Spring, Bubbles, ScubaGoddess & I did the World of Coke and the Aquarium together. The Coke thing was interesting and the last stop - where you taste hundreds of coke flavors from around the world is fun, even when you find the worst possible soda flavor! But I really loved the Aquarium. I have some great video from there.....now if I could just find time to do something with it over the winter, I'll share it with everyone. The only thing that would have made it better is if I had brought my dive gear and a couple hundred bucks.....

How inappropriate to call this planet Earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. -- Arthur C. Clarke

#54 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:53 AM

Hee! Hee! I am able to sneak online some! BYOM is bring your own mask!! ;)

As for availability yes the FL Dive Show is the 3rd and 4th. So I could do either the 10th or 11th if we had enough interest. After that its too close to the Holidays.

I think it would be fun but would like to see a larger group wanting to do it otherwise I'll just enjoy being home for a change! :teeth:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users