• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dive Etiquette

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:25 AM

This place is FULL of oldies but goodies! Thanks for poking around Rosa!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#32 ChumShiver

ChumShiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water Instructor (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:550

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:17 PM

#19: Avoid floating directly under boat ladders when people are climbing up out of the water. I took a 3lb weight in the head years ago when somebody dropped a weight pouch from their BCD, on the ladder. And yes, blood does look greenish brown in the water.

#33 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:46 AM

I thought I'd pull this one out of the locker and see if there are any new items to be added to the list.  come on Lurkers here's one for you :lol:

#1. If you borrow something, be sure to return it in a timely manner and in the same condition it was received in.
#2. If its not yours, Don't touch it.
#3. Don't follow so close behind other divers that they're constantly brushing you with their fins (it's annoying to both!)
#4. Keep your things in the space assigned to you. This may be a cubby hole, a box or the space under the 2 tanks you are diving. If possible attach your mask to your bc or put in the pocket. Place regs inside your bc to keep them close, neat AND protected. Put your fins under your tanks or where they belong so they are easy to put on when its time to enter the water. If you do not know where your assigned space is ask. Do not bring so much stuff that you have to use all the available space around you as this limits someone else from having enough space for their gear.
#5. Fill out the forms and make your payments correctly - otherwise you are just making extra work for accounting - - sorry
#6. If the camera rinse bucket is tiny and you have a monster camera rig, allow others to at least rinse their smaller cameras before you soak your big rig during the surface interval.
I'd modify #2 - If it isn't yours don't touch it needlessly. But if you see someone else's gear in harm's way, do something about it to protect it and tell them.
#7. Look out for people who may be having a problem, and privately ask them whether you can help them.
#8. Don't rinse anything in the camera bucket that isn't a camera
#9. Feed the fish downwind, away from others and over the side
#10. Make way for those who have to go feed the fish NOW! We can't ask politely, as opening our mouths at that point could be disastrous!!
#11. When diving in a group, if the guide points out something interesting, let the non-photographers go first, then photographers then videographers. Be careful and considerate so as not to disturb the marine life (or other divers) as you approach and exit the spot and DON'T hog the spot. Take a few shots and let others in etc. You can return after the whole group goes through.
#12. Just because you're a photographer does not mean that you own the entire reef. It also does not give you the right to trash the reef for the sake of a picture. Remember, the other divers paid just as much to be there as you did whether they have a camera or not.
#13 Respect the Creatures in THEIR Environment.
# 14 Introduce yourself to those on the bench nearby, make new friends.
# 15 Clear the ladder after entering and exiting
# 16 Make sure the Captain / DM knows and agrees with your plan and you comply with theirs - if the crew tells you your dive is 60 minutes - suck it up and deal with - write blasting letters, boycott the operator and tell all your friends what a lousy trip it was - but be on board in 60 minutes
# 17 Stay with the guide or make your own tour, but let them know, and don't complain if they leave you behind while you stop and enjoy something - they are guides, not your personal 3rd buddy - it's your responsibility to stay with them, not vice versa unless otherwise briefed.
#18 Dive buddies, who like to stay close, should not swim behind & above the other diver. That's the hardest place for us to see you

#19: Avoid floating directly under boat ladders when people are climbing up out of the water. I took a 3lb weight in the head years ago when somebody dropped a weight pouch from their BCD, on the ladder. And yes, blood does look greenish brown in the water.

#20 Know how your computer works and how to set it and read it.  The dive boat is just a bit late to try to figure these things out

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#34 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:57 AM

Thanx Jerry, I've had a couple which need to be added to the list

#21 While you might think a Sola 2000 would be great for a night dive, it not only blinds every fish & critter in the water, but also your fellow divers.

#22 Please keep your photo/video lights out of the eyes of other divers. Don't let your rig dangle with the lights on, you'll blind those around you. Better yet conserve the battery life, turn the lights off when not recording.

• Sqbagal likes this

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users