• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Do you have metal in your body?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:51 PM

Take an alkaline D cell - about 4 AH of energy in there. The internal impedance of the LR6 is going to be pretty high, so you won't get much current.

Or... rip open an old hard disk drive. The magnets in the voice-coil motor are over 4 kilogauss, just let it attach to the end of your steel bar.

#17 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:11 PM

Keep the research going! I'm interested in the results (except for the nervous dive buddy results!!) :cool1:
Posted Image

#18 Going Postal

Going Postal

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1000

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

I have an artificial hip, and since 9/11 I have set off metal detectors in almost every US airport I have been in, I am surprised when I don't set it off.

Airport, jail, etc type "metal detectors" can not detect metal inside a human. So if you want to get some metal onto an airplane undetected, just insert it into a body cavity.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow - What a ride!'"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users