• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Question for single women specifically

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

The only option: 5 CT Pink Diamond ring in white 18kt gold. Diamond has to be from Australia, where they have not had conflicts where diamonds are used to launder money. :teeth:

Yes, but based on the cocaine and pollutant levels found on American currency these days, I'd prefer it DOES get laundered!

I'll have to pose this question to the mermaid of my dreams and see what she says. She is half Aussie by the way.

Use a credit card!

#17 scubajunkie6

scubajunkie6

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Nitrox certified
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

Married here, but it's interesting in that my answers have changed over time. In my first marriage, everything had to be traditional. The center stone in my engagement ring I received was almost 1C and the wedding band formed around the ring (so I couldn't wear it by itself). I actually had comments from people asking if I was concerned for my safety wearing the ring I did. No, I didn't. But there were times when I chose not to wear the rings during vacations, charity work, etc. And I couldn't wear my wedding band by itself because it looked too weird by itself. The rings were a set.

With my second (and current) marriage, I actually have a cubic zirconia in my engagement ring! I realized that it wasn't about the engagement as it was about the marriage. I actually wanted a wedding band with no stones in it, but my husband bought a ring with 5 small diamonds (to represent me, him, and our combined 3 children). I wear my wedding band all the time, and seldom wear the engagement ring with the band....only on special occasions. I LOVE being comfortable to wear my wedding band whatever place we are visiting. My husband's band is a handsome band with crosses on it (no stones). If they had it in a female version, I suspect we would have gotten matching sets.

So...long answer to your question, but an alternative for you, is to find matching bands. And find a ring (or rings) that fit your budget. Buy an anniversary ring later, if you like.

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:32 PM

Age can also have a bearing on how traditional or not traditional someone is. Also their upbringing and family values. However one sibling can be totally different than another so you should try to test the waters as frequently/gently as you can to see how the gal you are interested in feels.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#19 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:41 PM

I tend to agree with Tammy. It's the commitment. If the ring is an expression of that commitment then all the better!

That being said It has to be white gold or high quality sterling for me. No yellow colour of any kind!

Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#20 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:40 AM

I know very little about women, but I do know that "cute" beats functional and sparkly beats not-sparkly everytime.

Never had a woman return any diamond based jewelry that I ever gave. :P

Nice article here
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#21 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:16 AM

There are actually some of us who think that the money spent on diamonds and especially wedding would be much better spent on a great dive trip :fish2:

#22 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

There are actually some of us who think that the money spent on diamonds and especially wedding would be much better spent on a great dive trip :fish2:

Marry me... Posted Image

Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#23 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady

"'

#24 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

That being said It has to be white gold or high quality sterling for me. No yellow colour of any kind!

Captain Buzzkill here: meant to chime on this earlier....you ARE aware that white gold isn't actually white, yes?

While other materials are added to the alloy to lighten the color, the white that you see is created by rhodium-plating the item. When folks speak of their white gold ring tarnishing, what has actually happened is the rhodium finish has abraded off and the true color of the gold is showing through.

Lesson to be learned: go for platinum, which is naturally grayish-white, even though also rhodium-plated for effect. When the finish wears thin, the color change is far less notable.

This has been your Buzkill moment. Carry on!!

#25 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

Captain Buzzkill here: meant to chime on this earlier....you ARE aware that white gold isn't actually white, yes?

While other materials are added to the alloy to lighten the color, the white that you see is created by rhodium-plating the item. When folks speak of their white gold ring tarnishing, what has actually happened is the rhodium finish has abraded off and the true color of the gold is showing through.

Lesson to be learned: go for platinum, which is naturally grayish-white, even though also rhodium-plated for effect. When the finish wears thin, the color change is far less notable.

This has been your Buzkill moment. Carry on!!

Oh what the hey. Sterling is fine as long as the heart is in the right place!
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady

"'

#26 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:14 AM

Hmmm... how about a nice superconductor like tantalum, niobium, rhenium ?

#27 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:51 AM

Ooooooooooo... Good call. As a joke you can heavily magnetize those metals as well. Maybe she will 'stick around' longer in that case. :P Titanium is my metal choice though
Of course, there is always Unobtainium as well. That would be all things to all women. ;)

#28 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

Rhodium or palladium has a nice shine...

Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady

"'

#29 peterbj7

peterbj7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 4000

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

Oh what the hey. Sterling is fine as long as the heart is in the right place!

I have always been fond of Sterling, though I can never seem to hang onto it.

I have a fountain pen whose nib is tipped with palladium. Never heard of it being used for decoration.

#30 Dave W

Dave W

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Cert Level:divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

I would offer a comment about Atmospherium, but I doubt anybody would get it...
Dave "Next time I go for a drive, I must remember. I've gotta bring my car."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users