• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Nautilus Lifeline...FINALLY A Diver's GPS only $299...depth rated to 425ft.

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:42 AM

Its true...they have FINALLY come up with a portable, inexpensive but effective way to give divers a lifeline to help if they are stranded, swept away by current or just lost from the boat. IT IS NOW SHIPPING AND IN STOCK!!! DON'T GO DIVING, BOATING, JET SKIING OR ANY WATERSPORT WITHOUT IT!!!

The Nautilus portable handheld GPS is the answer!! Posted Image

Dive safety just changed forever with the introduction of the Nautilus LifeLine – a compact sleek radio GPS for divers that is depth rated to 425 feet. It is similar in size to a blackberry but a wee bit thicker. You can use it as a full featured marine VHF radio to chat with your friends. You can ask for help on CH16 from ANY boat around you within an 8 mile 12.5 km radius whether it is the largest cruise ship in the world, a passing tug, ferry or yacht or the smallest fishing boat. It’s a full featured GPS that even allows you to geocache your dive sites. And most important of all, it is built with DSC compatibility allowing you to broadcast an alarm and your GPS position to every vessel in range that is equipped with a modern VHF marine radio. Lights will flash, horns will go off, everyone else’s radio will autoswitch to C16 and your GPS coordinates and brief message will be displayed on their radios.

CLOSED POSITION WHILE DIVING:

Posted Image

OPEN POSITION WHILE IN USE:

Posted Image

This new radio will be available to divers in late March. SingleDivers.com is one of its first distributors...and we will be able to take early orders for the incredibly low price of only $299 + shipping and handling.

We can not discount the price of the unit but if you are premier member we can give the first 10 people who buy them a $25 SD Bonus Bucks Coupon which you can use on other merchandise, travel etc.

We will use this thread to manage sign ups and shipments just as we do other merchandise and trips.

PRICE:

Nautilus Lifeline MSRP = USD $299. Shipping and handling is $15 for the first Lifeline, and $5 for each additional unit in the same shipment. (This includes inbound and outbound shipping costs.)

SPECIALS:

The first 10 people who order the Nautilus Lifeline and pay in full will receive $25 in SD Bonus Bucks which can be used for SD merchandise, trips etc. good for one month after ordering.

SHIPPING:

Shipping cost is $15 for the first unit and $5 per add'l unit if all going to the same address. (This includes inbound and outbound shipping costs.)

Product will start shipping the end of March from the vendor. SD will turn these around within several days of receipt of product.

HOW IT WORKS:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ORDERS FOR NAUTILUS LIFELINE:

See post #2 for Orders and Order Status including payment and shipping info.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:03 PM

ONGOING ORDERS AND STATUS FOR NAUTILUS LIFELINE:

NOTE: Units are in stock and shipping. All backorders have cleared as of Nov 24th, 2011.

1. Kamala aka Wreck Wench...yes I will get the first one for myself! (No I don't qualify for the SD Bonus Bucks.) $299 + $15 s/h - PD $314 12/14/10 - DELIVERED 11-24-11

2. Larry aka orcaman ... (1) unit @ $299 + $15 s/h AND qualifies for $25 SD Bonus Bucks valid til 1/15/11 - PD $314 12/14/10 AND qualifies for $25 SD Bonus Bucks valid til 1/15/11 - SHIPPED 11-24-11

3. Peter aka peterbj7...(1) unit 299 AND qualifies for $25 SD Bonus Bucks valid til 1/25/11 (Shipping to be determined when until arrives since he is in Belize) - PD $314 12/27/10 AND qualifies for $25 SD Bonus Bucks valid til 1/25/11 - HAND DELIVERED ON NYE BELIZE TRIP

4. Richard aka ScubaVazz ... (1) unit @ $299 + $15 s/h AND qualifies for $25 SD Bonus Bucks valid til 2/10/11 - PD $314 1/10/11 AND qualifies for $25 SD Bonus Bucks valid til 2/10/11 - SHIPPED 11-24-11

5. Fred aka ev780 ... (1) unit @ $299 + $15 s/h AND qualifies for $25 SD Bonus Bucks valid til 2/10/11 - PD $314 1/10/11 - $50 Bk Friday= $264 AND qualifies for $25 SD Bonus Bucks valid til 1/15/11 - SHIPPED 11-24-11

Edited by WreckWench, 26 November 2011 - 06:06 AM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:40 PM

Hi, way cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one and do not want to be lost ever, so sign me up and I want to be the first on my block to have one!!!!!!!!!!!
The Orcaman!
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 01:42 PM

Very cool Larry! I agree...I NEVER want to be lost and I only wish they had these YEARS AGO!!!

To qualify for the SD Bonus Bucks you need to send me your payment. You know the drill...thanks a million! kamala

formerly...

#5 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

Merry Christmas 2 ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#6 peterbj7

peterbj7

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 4000

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:00 PM

I want one as well, but no money right now :(.

One question though - it's quite likely to be used right next to the water by someone who is dripping wet. Probably actually floating in the water. Maybe it'll be raining. Once the case is opened how much water/splashing can the device tolerate?

#7 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,247 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:19 PM

This looks like something I may want :cool1: I'll let the :blond: Santa know later :D

Peter - from the info on the website:

The Lifeline is depth rated to 425 feet 130 meters with the cap closed and waterproof to IP67 standards for surface use with the cap open.

From a search I found the IP rating and if I'm reading it right it's 6 = "dust tight" and 7 = waterproof to 1 meter. So should withstand normal waves and splash without a problem.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:00 PM

Spot on Butch on the device specs! Let me know if you decide to be your own best santa! ;)

formerly...

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:03 PM

I want one as well, but no money right now :(.

One question though - it's quite likely to be used right next to the water by someone who is dripping wet. Probably actually floating in the water. Maybe it'll be raining. Once the case is opened how much water/splashing can the device tolerate?

Confirming Butch is correct!

Also demand will outstrip supply which is why we are doing EARLY orders!!! I placed an early order so our members could have them. I was in good company...in the time it took me to place my order I saw Mike Ball order them for his liveaboards in Australia, Wayne Hansen placing an order for Aggressor and a host of others.

Fortunately orders will be shipped as they were placed! That puts us in good standing! :teeth:

formerly...

#10 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:36 AM

You can ask for help on CH16 from ANY boat around you within an 8 mile 12.5 km radius whether it is the largest cruise ship in the world, a passing tug, ferry or yacht or the smallest fishing boat. It’s a full featured GPS that even allows you to geocache your dive sites. And most important of all, it is built with DSC compatibility allowing you to broadcast an alarm and your GPS position to every vessel in range that is equipped with a modern VHF marine radio.

Does this apply to waters outside the US? I realize that Mike Ball, for example, may be ordering these--but what happens if a non-Ball boat picks up the call?

From the CGI rendering it looks like it could be a visually as well as great product.

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:19 AM

YES it applies to the world. Certain radio frequencies are monitored for distress which is what you'll be tapping into.

As for multiple boats responding...I'm sure the boats will communicate to see if others are in the area to pick up the call and then decide who should follow up!

And while no solution is perfect...this comes as close as I've ever seen. In fact since I can...and I travel so much...I am tempted to have 2 so that if the battery ran out on the first one...I had a back up.

I'm just saying...I figured if anyone ever came out with one of these that they would cost $600...not $300 so you could still get 2 IF you really dove a lot in far out places!

formerly...

#12 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:14 PM

Hey Wenchie:

Can I use the $50 I got from the Black Friday Special on the Truk trip for this? If so how?
"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:24 PM

Yes you can!

Here was the deal...

e. BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL: Book at least a deposit on the trip and get a$25 SD Gift Certificate for use in our online store on any merchandise or non-travel services for booking one trip and get $50 if book BOTH trips. Certificates are good until Jan 31st so hurry and book your trip before Dec3rd Midnight.

So in order for this to work with the details of this deal is as follows:

Price is $299 + $15 shipping or $314. Less $50 Bk Friday Coupon = $264 you would need to pay with via our payment gateway BEFORE Jan 31, 2011. And you'll get an add'l $25 bonus bucks for new merchandise/travel that is good for 30 days by being one of the 1st 10 to buy one from us!

They will ship in April or as soon as we get them inhouse! All ordering, bonus bucks and shipping will be managed via this thread in the first post initially and then ultimately I'll add a 2nd post that will let us track orders after the first 10.

Its a great gift to yourself! In fact it could be the BEST diving gift you ever give yourself! :cool1:

formerly...

#14 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

Cool. I think I might.

I got a little cash flow problem because I just made a progress payment but I will get it done as soon and the cash gods allow! :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :wakawaka: :wakawaka:

Edited by ev780, 20 December 2010 - 04:10 PM.

"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:47 PM

TOTALLY understand! :respect:

Just do it before Jan 31st...and you are good to go! kamala

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users